1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Current state of Yu Jing

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Wyrmnax, Nov 11, 2018.

1. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

And that made me seek for Al-Fasid regiment. Cheap shot marketing strategy to make someone buy more model, but well placed blow.

Dang now I gotta order Yuan Yuans.

2. Fire@Will

Fire@Will Well-Known Member

My willpower at the moment is based on if I can play a model in at least 2 of those options... but, once I've covered those bases, I've enjoyed the variety of new models. And, individual blisters are still a reasonable expense once a week or fortnight.

3. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

I mean, the background of ikari is they are straight up scum and do pretty much anything for a dollar. And on the other side we have the overblown single ravings of a crane.

Any way... One week to go! (Hopefully)

4. atomicfryingpan

atomicfryingpan Well-Known Member

Exactly, the ikari are real bad dudes. These are the guys who if ya paid em enough would do some genocide themselves. I'd say they're worse than the ISS. They're bad hombres.

5. Alphz

Theres an awesome story at the start of one of the white noise episodes about an ikari/Yuan Yuan group that captures them really well.

6. DFW Ike

DFW Ike Well-Known Member

right, they might commit genocide if they were paid enough for it, because its about the money... Except its just a small mercenary unit who doesn't really have the power to eradicate a culture. They have one publication that says Ikari are bad dudes, but they have done NOTHING as bad as genocide in that publication. Show me the story where they are hunting all the Helots through the underwater caves on Varuna, nuking the furries on Bakunin, or getting away with wanton murder because they could just declare that the victim was a terrorist and other parts of the justice system will look the other way.

We have multiple publications saying that YJ is a bunch of genocidal, mustache-twirling villains. They are currently killing anyone who looks Japanese, anyone who is married to the Japanese, and they burned a hive city full of the Shasvastii babies and non combatants on Paradiso.

but any who: do you want to talk about comparing the current state of vanilla YJ to Ikari Company in that one game called Infinity? What do you think about the mix of units that were in old-YJ that now have Yuan Yuan support? Is it worth giving up the rest of vanilla YJ?

7. Alphz

Theres actually not multiple publications. Merely multiple posters using one reference. And applying said reference to colour interpretations of other reference, that's one way of going about it. but let's not dress it up as something else - like an accepted fact.

I'm not a fan of ikari game wise. The link teams have very specific compositions which can make them a bit cumbersome. They are a good alternative if you like Wu Ming and have decided you don't like ISS.

And Yuan Yuan are damn fun. But I like my elite heavies too much and yu Jing bring em.

Maksimas and berynius like this.
  8. DFW Ike

DFW Ike Well-Known Member

Publication 1: YuanDuan CBL list and associated scenario pack (each scenario is about the YuanDuan taking over the city, then they mention hunting the Japanese through the tunnels)
    Publication 2: N2 Paradiso (Shasvastii hatchery ship getting nuked by YJ central command)
    publication 3: N3 Uprising (The story where those two guys shot that one woman's daughter and then later accused her of being a terrorist, there was some numbers in there where there were like 130 Japanese murders by YJ service people, but only 1 prosecution)

Take a look: it's in a book.

I agree that the lack of regular link teams sucks. however, I feel like Wu Ming run better in Ikari than in ISS since they don't have the "special fireteams only" restriction, but YMMV. However, Ikari does get many more links than vanilla YJ.

I like the bikes too (B5 desperado catches people off guard). I miss having a fast, hard hitting, disposable bike in vanilla. Maybe the new drop troop will fill a similar role to the aragotos since it can eat an ARO on the way in. It just seems too expensive, and doesn't really have the maneuverability if its already on the table, to make a suicide dash. I know the aragoto has just one order and 2" of movement difference with the combat remotes... but they never seem to do it right, and I would usually be better served utilizing the Rui Shi's visor elsewhere.

Kallas and banthafodder like this.
  9. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

The using ortillery on the Shas hatchery wasn’t done to destroy Shas embryos. It was done because it looked like a massive installation to intelligence, well sited and defended, so, yeah, they destroyed it. Then they found out what it was...

And we have multiple sources showing the brutal secret police of a single Party state acting like secret police and being portrayed as such by their enemies... it’ll be interesting to see if we get the point of view of different parts of the StateEmpire armed forces in 3ro Offensive.

Section9 and Alphz like this.
  10. banthafodder

banthafodder Well-Known Member

To add to the Uprising list:
    • "Almost thirty-two percent of Kuraimori's homicides have been committed by service agents.."
    • City Motobushima devastated by Yuandun
    • Flooding of Fukaitani
    • Crippling of Yoake Station's life support
    • Siege of Tomari would have claimed more Civilian lives if the 2nd Division Invincibles hadn't lost all their heavy artillery.
    My understanding of the Shas hatchery was that it was mistaken as a command bunker.

The point does remain, Yu Jing has the ready capability to annihilate something from orbit. If they wanted to, they could swat a Nomad motherships. That is not something that Ikari company can claim.

Kallas likes this.
  11. Alphz

Many of these examples point to armed conflict with populated zones. Against an opponent who openly used terrorist methods and intentionally chose civilian areas to initiate conflict.

Like, that's Guerilla warfare 101 and it's always going to be messy.

When just about anyone could be a terrorist who bombs your family, you're going to be uncautious.

Yu Jing are portrayed getting dirty in a dirty conflict. But very few of them are straight up cartoon villiany. I'm pretty sure the reference to shooting the daughter makes inference to the jumpiness of YJ troops. Because they'd just suffered terrorist attacks.

We've had recent examples of how people respond to that and youre really going to one eye these events like that?

saint, A Mão Esquerda and berynius like this.
  12. berynius

berynius Well-Known Member

On a Island continent containing between 50 and 250 million Japanese (yes a guess based on the the fact that the total planetary population is 2.2 billions) that is a murder rate well below any major US city... Even below most developed countries would not notice that increase in murders. So a Genocide i ain't

13. Maksimas

Maksimas Heavy Infantry Addict Maxim

Lets hope IA continues that trend.

Alphz likes this.
  14. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Actually it is. You've got the definition of genocide wrong by assuming it has a body count requirement.

The legal definition of genocide according to the UN:

Excerpt from the Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of Genocide
    "Article II: In the present Convention, genocide means any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such:

(a) Killing members of the group;
    (b) Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group;
    (c) Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part;
    (d) Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group;
    (e) Forcibly transferring children of the group to another group.

Genocide is defined by the intent and the targeting of specific people based upon race, nation, or religion. Not by the number or percentage of these people you kill. You can commit genocide and kill absolutely nobody. Australia participated in their own genocide of the native aboriginal people by stealing their children to be raised in missionaries as they were deemed unfit to raise any half caste children, and that practice didn't end everywhere until the 1970s and is referred to as the stolen generations.

Uprising didn't involve a holocaust which is what you're mistakenly identifying genocide as, but it did involve genocide.

DFW Ike, Solar and Kallas like this.
  15. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Shall we talk about YJ nuking the embassy? Or the usual suspects will justify that one too?

Kallas likes this.
  16. Fire@Will

Fire@Will Well-Known Member

Personally, I don't think anyone is looking to justify the fictional decisions made by fictional people in a fictional setting, but there are some who appreciate the story for what it is. How is it that, when it comes to nerdy fiction, there's a community that personally invests themselves to the fictional setting? Any book I read has things in it that I appreciate, and things I don't - I can say the Great Gatesby has a good plot, even though I don't like those privileged American millionaires...

When it comes to Uprising there are weaknesses, for sure, but other elements that are equally interesting. The one-sided media presentation is unbalanced, but I believe that shines a light on the world today; that's subjective, but it's something I can appreciate. And, how can anyone reasonably tell me not to? Likewise, and this is again relevant to me, it's the first time I've seen LGBT in a fictional wargames setting - albeit without any of the sophistication of something like Rebecca or depth of Giovanni's Room...

Solar, ObviousGray and Alphz like this.
  17. Alphz

Let's not get into a technical discussion about genocide again shall we.

There was some very one sided view points coming out and I disagreed with them. I can understand that different interpretations exist but can we all have the intellectual honesty to not try push one particular interpretation by virtue of just repeating it in perpetuum to try force it as such.

18. banthafodder

banthafodder Well-Known Member

What were you expecting you asserted there weren't that there wasn't multiple published sources?

Benkei and Kallas like this.
  19. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

1542960069036.jpg

I got the book, and it's fun to read EVEN in Yu Jing player's view.

It somewhat describes about current Yu Jing villiany image; though it could fall to 'your opinion' level, but still, here is a very important thing.

It is FAR better than Uprising.

P.S) And no stats, just fluffs. Here's a thing; Daoyings are disciples of Sun Tze, Brain of IA.

Paegis, Section9, SpectralOwl and 4 others like this.
  20. Maksimas

Maksimas Heavy Infantry Addict Maxim

And Mowangs are apparently sneaky.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation