1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Shock Army of Acontecimento: A Tactica

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by barakiel, Apr 16, 2018.

1. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

The unit selection is good, but I hope you play on terrains with very dense tables. No smoke and no weapons with longer range than a Spitfire mean you'll have to work pretty hard to control lanes. The Montessa Spitfire will help with that, but I tend to have bad luck with him when he tries to kill strong ARO pieces like MULTI Snipers or missiles.

For me particularly, I think antipersonnel mines are one of the strongest features of Acon's game. I worry a bit that a handful of Galwegians or Jaguars would break into your table half and ruin your day.

Stiopa likes this.
  2. Hsien

Hsien Well-Known Member
    Warcor

With EVo-hacker I have b2 on all my rems, so it's not to hard to control the table+ terrain. But on open grounds it's really hard sometimes.
    Thanks for your critique, will think how to add some mines in this list.

3. barakiel

I've made some updates in the original post that reflect some of our recent changes. I need to overhaul the intro, just to acknowledge everything that Acon's undergone in the past couple of months. I'm also trying to find a nice version of Dart's logo... I'd like to add her to the writeup, but I still need her unit insignia.

4. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

There you go

https://i.imgur.com/JoxHLNB.jpg

[​IMG]

If you need that resized, tell me what resolution you'd want to have.

AdmiralJCJF and barakiel like this.
  5. barakiel

Whoa, that was quick! Careful, I might hit you up for a bunch of VIRD logos too :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Thank you, @Teslarod

I'll get the article formatted with the Dart update today.

On a broader note, I could have sworn the Machinist was available to more than just Bagh Mari fireteams. Maybe I'm confusing it with something else, or it's just wishful thinking on my part.

6. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

Just happened to hit F5 the same minute you posted, lucky coincidence :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
    Sure no problem. Not gonna claim it's some kind of sorcery, army mobile has all the images you'll need as .psv files, so it's just a simple matter of copy pasting them into a tool that can convert that into .jpg, .png or whatever the platform you want to use it for needs.
    This time around I've used online-convert.com which would also let you resize the logos to whatever resolution you fancy during converting.

barakiel likes this.
  7. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

I don't think Bagh-Mari linkteams need to be even more obsolete....

barakiel likes this.
  8. barakiel

One of the nice things about magic is that sometimes the explanation of its simplicity is just as interesting as the belief in the illusion itself :smiley:

@eciu
    You're not wrong. At least the stock of the Bagh Mari Haris went up a bit this season, and I think the Haris is a pretty good home for that Machinist.

9. barakiel

Quick update, but I've removed the old Montessa writeup and added info for the new Motorcycle version.

Urobros, CabalTrainee and Smiler like this.
  10. Káosz Brigodéros

Káosz Brigodéros Vanguard, Inc.

There is an entry in Aleph section entitled Dart: how and why?
    Just sayin', dude, just sayin'.

Urobros likes this.
  11. Urobros

Urobros Well-Known Member

But it is not the same Dart in Aco than in SSO or vainilla Aleph. And now too in MO (WHAT?! hehehe)

I'am just back to Aco this ITS seasson and I have to say (yes, I must play more with Aco, but the start is promising) that the changes and ajustement are pretty good. Not to made the sectorial overpowered, but yes in order to keep Aco playable and competitive. We will see what happends when Varuna finally arrives. Now, Aco is one more time in the wave.

For those wo was surprised of people playing regular fireteams instead baghmaris, I think they are a lot of people who prefer the regulars. I'am one of them, or I was. I think the mixed fireteam is too amazing to ignore it.

12. cogetama

cogetama Member

hi. I need some help. I have an old collection of Infinity Shock Army Models and would like to send a few to the painting studio. Not more than 15 models, though. Can someone make a generalist list with what I have without using too many models. I probably will have the time to play a few games next year when a buddy of mine returns.

1x Trauma Doc
    1x Engineer
    2x Palbots
    6x Regulars (all Variations, old box)
    2x Naga
    6x Bagh Mari (all Varations I think, old box as well)
    2x Alkali
    1x Knight of Montessa (old, on foot)
    1x Authorized Bounty Hunter (use as Stephen Rao?)
    2x Guarda de Assalto
    2x Auxbot
    2x Mule Bots
    2x Armbots Bulleteer
    1x Dragao TAG

thanks

Edit: listed more remotes than I have

#112 cogetama, Nov 13, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
  13. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

I would be getting something along these lines done, but if you can get the Machinist and Palbot painted up too it'd probably be good:

[​IMG] Shock Army of Acontecimento
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────
    GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10
    [​IMG] BAGH-MARI HMG / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 26)
    [​IMG] BAGH-MARI (Minelayer) MULTI Sniper Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 28)
    [​IMG] REGULAR Lieutenant Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
    [​IMG] REGULAR Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
    [​IMG] DRÃGAO Hyper-Rapid Magnetic Cannon, Heavy Flamethrower / . (2.5 | 94)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] CRABBOT Flash Pulse / Knife. ()
    [​IMG] FUGAZI DRONBOT Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    [​IMG] NAGA (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 28)
    GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]3
    [​IMG] TRAUMA-DOC Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
    [​IMG] MULEBOT Hacker (EVO Hacking Device) Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 25)
    [​IMG] PALBOT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    [​IMG] NAGA (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 28)
    6 SWC | 300 Points
    Open in Infinity Army

cogetama likes this.
  14. cogetama

cogetama Member

thanks. this helps although and it's exactly 15 models. Can we bring it to 10 though? (I listed more remotes than I have. I don't have the Fugazi). I think just one combat group would be better. It doesnt have to be uber effective and as a beginner it would be less taxing on my brain, I think.

#114 cogetama, Nov 14, 2018
    AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  15. GrantC

GrantC Active Member

Here's a 10 order list with what you have:

[​IMG] Starter List 10 orders
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────
    [​IMG]10
    [​IMG] DRÃGAO Hyper-Rapid Magnetic Cannon, Heavy Flamethrower / . (2.5 | 94)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] CRABBOT Flash Pulse / Knife. ()
    [​IMG] GUARDA DE ASSALTO MULTI Rifle + Heavy Flamethrower, D-Charges + AUXBOT_2 / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 49)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] AUXBOT_2 Light Shotgun + Eclipse Light Grenade Launcher / Electric Pulse. (- | 6)
    [​IMG] NAGA (Minelayer) Boarding Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 27)
    [​IMG] BAGH-MARI HMG / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 26)
    [​IMG] BAGH-MARI (Minelayer) MULTI Sniper Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 28)
    [​IMG] REGULAR Paramedic (MediKit) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
    [​IMG] REGULAR Lieutenant Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
    [​IMG] MACHINIST Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 15)
    6 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

I guess you won't be doing any hacking for a while, so there are no hackers. I'd also get these painted up so you can try them out/mix up your list:
    Akali
    Doctor
    Another couple of Regulars
    Bulleteer

cogetama and Urobros like this.
  16. cogetama

cogetama Member

Thanks. You're a peach.

Would you take the Boarding Shotgun or Combi Rifle Akali?

#116 cogetama, Nov 14, 2018
  17. GrantC

GrantC Active Member

Both are good - the shotgun is fun when it works, the combi is a bit more flexible.

In terms of what to get painted, the standard Combi guy can represent any of them well enough so I'd go for him if you have him - the shotgun one is an older sculpt.

AdmiralJCJF and barakiel like this.
  18. barakiel

The shotgun can be really order-efficient for taking down a huge pile of cheerleaders at once. The Combi is nicely versatile, but in the times I've used it, I've found it to be shockingly order-inefficient in actually taking things down. I've even gone up against fairly meager opposition, like baggage bots or flash pulse bots in their 0 rangeband, and the Combi is sometimes frustratingly ineffective. For your Burst 3, it's pretty reasonable for a shot to miss, a shot to get negated, and then your target passes their ARM save. It seems to happen me like clockwork, and the result is I pour 4-5 Orders into an Akalis just to kill 1-2 cheerleaders, which is actually pretty meager return. It's great when you get the dice to fall, but anecdotally speaking, I often find myself wondering if my Combi Akali does much.

The shotgun is amazing when you can threaten 2-3 targets per order, and not just one. An enemy won't always line up for you like that, which is why the Combi remains a safe bet, but the shotgun's often better for doing more significant damage using fewer Orders.

19. Death By Monkeys

Death By Monkeys Well-Known Member
    Warcor

All my Acon lists these days run a minimum of a BSG Akali and an AHD Akali. The BSG Akali is great for trading up with only a few orders.

And as was pointed out on the Mayacast podcast a month or so ago, the AHD Akali is a terrific utility piece when it comes to Classifieds. They are:
    - Elite (3 Classifieds)
    - MI (1 Classified)
    - Hacker (5 Classifieds)
    This in addition to the 4 Classifieds that anyone can do - letting him attempt up to 13 Classifieds (many of which are assisted by or even give bonuses for being in your opponent's half of the table or deployment zone which is a whole lot easier with AD).

Minos and RogueJello like this.
  20. McNamara

McNamara Merc Rep

I wish Singh was a bit attractive. 2 Assault pistols would definitely make up for all the stuff he is paying anyways, but ship has sailed for good now. Maybe houserouling it? How much is a second assault pistol in the formula?

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation