1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unpopular Opinion Time! [Post-Humans and S.S.S]

Discussion in 'ALEPH' started by Erryln, Sep 20, 2018.

?

How often do you play Post-Humans in S.S.S?

1. Every list.

2. Most of the time.

3. Some of the time.

4. Never

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Nenyx

Nenyx Well-Known Member

I think you should give it a try, K1 ammo is only bad on sniper, it's very good on standard weapons. Plus the red fury ammo type is a bit redundant with assisted fire - K1 allows you to benefit from both ammo type. And since you're in a fireteam, B4 or B5 does not make that much of a difference.
    Of course, if your meta only rely on ARM 0/1 troops, K1 won't have any significant advantage. But if you encounter HI from times to times, i think it's a good weapon.

#121 Nenyx, Nov 8, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  2. Nemo No Name

Nemo No Name Aleph Cultural Atache

K1 is particularly bad on Sniper. It's still bad elsewhere, but for different reasons. K1 hurts the heavy stuff the most, which is already less efficient in Infinity. It also hurts basic stuff like warbands even less than Combi Rifle, much less than a proper weapon. And it's only B3. So no thanks. I'll much rather waste the double Shock.

3. Nenyx

Nenyx Well-Known Member

We may see more and more HI with the new changes in PanO. Plus, i disagree quite a bit, heavies are no way less efficient ... Achilles ? Ajax ? Swiss ? Kriza ? Cutter ? Geckos ?
    I would agree with you if you said it's meta dependant, because it really is, but i can't agree with that.

natetehaggresar likes this.
  4. Nemo No Name

Seriously... I have no problem dealing with those troopers without K1 ammo, thankyouverymuch.

Not to mention you picked the cream of the crop. I prefer ammo useful against most troopers in enemy army, not the one that's shit against anyone except that one single trooper leading the charge. That I'll hack anyway.

5. Nenyx

Nenyx Well-Known Member

If you say so.

natetehaggresar likes this.
  6. Mruczyslaw

Mruczyslaw AROnaut

Shock on red fury is little wasted with marksmanship... And You want this to hit on 15.
    B4 is awesome. B5 is even better. Design problem IMO;)

7. TheRedZealot

TheRedZealot Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Just to follow up on the K1 vs. Other Damage types discussion. I've created a helpful graph to help visualize your chance of a hit becoming a wound organized by some weapon strengths (K1,AP 13, Dmg 13-15) Just something to think about when comparing the effectiveness of weapons. While Higher DMG weapons like the MK12 offer about 30% Greater chance of success on each ARM save, the difference between K1 and Dmg 13 at low ARM is pretty negligible.

[​IMG]

8. Mruczyslaw

Mruczyslaw AROnaut

I wonder how B3 on k1 vs B4 on RF changes results for dmg13 weapon.

9. Nenyx

Nenyx Well-Known Member

For what i tried (no maths there, just some tries on the dice tool), between K1 rifle (B3) and red fury (B4), you roughly break even at ARM3, and K1 is better at ARM4, this due to the higher burst giving a slight advantage in face to face and more critical chances. This is of course if the target is in cover, out of cover you probably only break even on ARM6+, since armor becomes stronger the more you have.

So if you face only ARM0-2, red fury is a better bet for sure. But, if you face HI/TAG, or even if you don't face them often but you still want to have a weapon that can deal with them while retaining good efficiency on lowly armored soldiers (because K1 rifle will kill ARM 0 soldiers as well as any other weapon, you do not need DAM15 to kill an unarmored troop), K1 is your best bet. Whatever some can say, it's still easier to shoot a TAG in the 20-60 cm range, than to get in the 0-20 cm range and hack it - you can bet the TAG owner is aware of the danger of hacking and had prepared some counter mesures.

10. Mruczyslaw

Mruczyslaw AROnaut

Yeah... As Rudra is toolset I am also in favor of k1, but better burst always sounds good:/
    On the other hand, with all this e/m weaponry, often @grenades high arm targets arent issue;) Unless Morats, but I need to see MAF rework to know if they will be issue.

11. TheRedZealot

TheRedZealot Well-Known Member
    Warcor

This becomes a complex question because when we're talking about burst we need to consider the Face to Face Value of your target. I've included a chart below that is similar but gauging chance for at least 1 Wound on the Rudras vs. Common Targets. For this test I've assumed the Rudras has supportware up, has cover and has a favorable range, where possible the target was using a weapon at an unfavorable range.

Overall you can see the numbers are pretty comparable all the way up until ~ARM 4. After that K1 starts pulling ahead but even then the fact ARM 9/10 are only on one model each sort of skews the numbers slightly.

[​IMG]

zapp, Furiat, natetehaggresar and 3 others like this.
  12. Mruczyslaw

Mruczyslaw AROnaut

Yes, I would also assume that both weapons have also shock as with support program.
    THANKS a lot for Your work!

13. MerloyJenkils

MerloyJenkils Well-Known Member

Don't know if you already read about it, but it seems that Marksmanship LX will also remove cover. According to the lates Spanish Podcast ORA Critica. That will change things for the Proxy Mk.5 I guess

Abrilete likes this.
  14. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Yay, a reason to paint this guy :P

15. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

Or a reason to look for a suitable female replacement :grinning:

Abrilete and eciu like this.
  16. Nemo No Name

TEUCER!

Although then I can't play Operations Subsection... Why didn't we get him instead of Andromeda?

Stiopa likes this.
  17. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Come to ASA, we've got cookies :P

Nemo No Name likes this.
  18. Nemo No Name

I already play ASA, but there's no room for Tikbalang and Bagh Mari and Teucer in same list.

Plus I still want to play Operations.

Also, the changes we see to MO (also Morats) are leaving a bitter taste after I consider what was done with ASA.

19. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

[​IMG] Shock Army of Acontecimento
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10
    [​IMG] TIKBALANG HMG, Heavy Flamethrower, Antipersonnel Mines / AP CCW. (2 | 85)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] CRABBOT Flash Pulse / Knife. ()
    [​IMG] REGULAR (Sapper) MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 22)
    [​IMG] REGULAR (Minelayer, Sensor) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 14)
    [​IMG] REGULAR Paramedic (MediKit) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
    [​IMG] REGULAR Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
    [​IMG] DART Submachine Gun, Viral Tactical Bow, E/M Grenade / Pistol, Shock CC Weapon, Knife. (0 | 34)
    [​IMG] REGULAR Lieutenant Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]4
    [​IMG] TEUCER (Multispectral Visor L2) Feuerbach, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (2 | 44)
    [​IMG] FUGAZI DRONBOT Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)

6 SWC | 287 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Well obviously SWC is a big issue, but point wise it seems quite doable.

20. Nemo No Name

No Bagh Mari in there. ^^

Maybe something like this can fit:
    [​IMG] Shock Army of Acontecimento
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]10
    [​IMG] TIKBALANG HMG, Heavy Flamethrower, Antipersonnel Mines / AP CCW. (2 | 85)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] CRABBOT Flash Pulse / Knife. ()
    [​IMG] TEUCER (Multispectral Visor L2) Feuerbach, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (2 | 44)
    [​IMG] BAGH-MARI (Minelayer) MULTI Sniper Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 28)
    [​IMG] LT. STEPHEN RAO Lieutenant Combi Rifle / Assault Pistol, Knife. (0 | 23)
    [​IMG] REGULAR (Minelayer, Sensor) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 14)
    [​IMG] MACHINIST Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 15)
    [​IMG] PALBOT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    [​IMG] NAGA Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 30)
    [​IMG] DART Submachine Gun, Viral Tactical Bow, E/M Grenade / Pistol, Shock CC Weapon, Knife. (0 | 34)

6 SWC | 298 Points

Open in Infinity Army

(there's better builds, but I get 4 of the stuff I enjoy in there)

Still no Asura in there :'(

#140 Nemo No Name, Nov 13, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation