1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any vague idea what we'll get from Hulongs and Mowangs?

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Maksimas, Nov 8, 2018.

1. -Ghost-

-Ghost- Shalashaska

Forgot about that. Didn't even know that there was a separate listing for Gadget-EVO vs. Gadget.

Also, if that's the case, Reboot wouldn't work for the Liu Xang since his order is to drop in. It requires the unit benefiting from the program to use the Reset Short Skill. Which where I was mostly going at it.

I guess Reboot could hold you over until Fairy Dust is used.

2. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

With the surge of rather cheap 4-4 S5 HI’s I’m inclined to agree with this statement.

3. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Hacking is definitely something I rarely leave home without and an AHD is golden vs many targets. Played Mary Problems vs an "IA" list today using available profiles etc, she was fantastic.

For me the big IA questions are what quality of snipers will they have, and what quality of infowarriors. We know they can sledgehammer with HMGs and heavy drop troops etc, but it's the finesse that will be the real key.

Fire@Will likes this.
  4. Fire@Will

Fire@Will Well-Known Member

Yu Jing have always, for me at least, been a faction of finesse. Complex profiles (when I was starting, it was the Shinobu that caught my eye, and the Pheasant and Zhanying which intrigued me most - granted they are not the easiest of troops to get along with) - much more than the more straightforward PanO, or even Nomads or Ariadna.

That's why I'm still impressed with IA - it feels like the challenge is still there...

krossaks and ObviousGray like this.
  5. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

So lets go brighter - IA can bring REMS, I mean, a LOT of potential repeaters.

All we need now is a KHD, and we can have some real fun.

6. Wyrmnax

Wyrmnax Well-Known Member

From the FB discussion group, Mowang is apparently a Daiyokai that trades CC capability for Mimetism.

So, something like BS13, PH14 ARM5 with 2W, NWI and mimetism.

If it is around the same price point, I am pretty happy with that, tbh.

Maksimas and Section9 like this.
  7. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

Hey, that's cheaper Achilles V2!

8. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Oooh, that's just evil.

No offense, though, but you guys really should have teased the Mowang first.

Yeah, that's really what's bothering me.

You mean a KHD that doesn't cost 67 points.

[​IMG] Yu Jing
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]1
    [​IMG] HAC TAO Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) MULTI Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 67)

0 SWC | 67 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Hopefully one of the not-yet-spoiled units has a ~30pt KHD.

AdmiralJCJF and ambisinister like this.
  9. Maksimas

Maksimas Heavy Infantry Addict Maxim

Again, my bets are firmly placed on the Daoyings.

10. -Ghost-

-Ghost- Shalashaska

And I'm hoping that Daoying are another source of MSV. Hopefully L2.

11. Shinen

Shinen Well-Known Member

Call me crazy, i would like a Holo L2 with sniper + superjump and a bsg khd with SuperJump (+holo L3)... but just my ideas, i love holo, just think of me as an crazy lunatic. :D

12. Joametz

Joametz Chinese Empire in Space enthusiast

I would love to have a source of smoke, either a new profile on an existing unit or one of the new ones getting it. Daoyings or Hulangs being able to throw smoke would make my day.

13. -Ghost-

-Ghost- Shalashaska

I like the sound of that too. Holo is a great tool and combined with the Lu Dian that would be hilarious. This wait is gonna suck.

14. Paegis

Paegis Vincible Officer

I kinda doubt IA's getting smoke since it's the one of the high-tech armies, but finger crossed! If we do, I bet it'll be on the Hulang.

15. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

What if they re-did Zhanshi slightly and gave them access to KHD? Broken? Interesting? Disappointing?
    When it comes to Yu Jing, the Celestial Guards are better funded and better equipped than the Zhanshi (although leaning more towards urban operations) while the Shaolin are a special forces squad (yes, that's weird). Ruling out smoke for IA based on tech level is a bit much, but personally I have the gut feeling that the number of profiles will be too few to cram that functionality in there.

Eclipse is probably completely out of the question, though.

Maksimas likes this.
  16. banthafodder

banthafodder Well-Known Member

It would feel out of place and I am not sure it would happen. I'd certainly welcome it though.
    I wouldn't rule out eclipse.

The most likely smoke candidates are the Shang Ji or the new assault troops. IA is a real army and not just a upjumped security force. Something as pragmatic as smoke wouldn't be out of place.

17. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

I'm not seeing how it's broken given that they're AVA4 and Yu Jing still doesn't have any kind of decent repeater network. I wouldn't say no to it, but I'm also not particularly whelmed by it.

18. Joametz

Joametz Chinese Empire in Space enthusiast

I think those are the most likely candidates, although smoke is usually found on more down-to-earth/not-so-specialized units like the monks and Ceslestials. I would argue that smoke could be even considered as a dirty trick, related to subterfuge and not a valid tactic for a heavy-hitting in-your-face army like IA.

Just to clarify: I would love to have it. But I'd understand fluff-wise if we didn't get it.

19. Mc_Clane

Mc_Clane Zhànzhēng bùzhǎng
    Warcor

Maybe we can deal wit hackers with 0swc tinbot B in a wildcard and Firewall? it can enter any fireteam... even a duo with the mowang
    But I agree that tinbots are a Damage control, not a final solution because a lot of troops can't link or you don't want them to link. And just for that we need at least 1 reliable/afordable killer hacker.

Section9 likes this.
  20. Wyrmnax

Wyrmnax Well-Known Member

About KHDs - yeah, I think IA is *really* gonna want one of them. Even if it is not in a great plataform.

IA might actually make AHDs start appearing more on the table to begin with. With that much hackable stuff in the table, it might be suddenly worth looking at those devices again instead of defaulting to the KHD.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation