1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Terrain detailing kits EU

Discussion in 'Scenery' started by Camden Leisure Pirate, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi, I'm looking to make some buildings out of gift boxes and would like any recommendations of European suppliers for detailing kits, doors, ladders, vents, windows ect

Thanks

2. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

3. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

I'd like to mention that you should look up the Maelstrom's Edge terrain sprue, which as ijw mentions i can't link to but can mention, should be the first hit in a search. They make a sprue of details specifically to make terrain out of boxes and the like. Since that game is also sci-fi, it works just perfect for us. CB should get one of their partners to do something similar. I do believe these guys are UK based.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks fellas, that's plenty to be going on with.

jherazob likes this.
  5. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

There is a company called Laser Cut Card, they're based out of South Africa (so website has .co.za at the end) but because they're shipping relatively small pieces of paper around shipping is dirt cheap and fast (it's sent at the letter costs!). They make sets of doors, windows, and air conditioner units.

The air conditioner units can be a bit fiddly to assemble, but overall I really recommend their products.
    [​IMG]

timberfox, xagroth, Oyentido and 4 others like this.
  6. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

I had forgotten about them! Do have in mind that they have the terribly annoying habit of completely closing the shop when they're on vacation, i mean, it's an internet shop, what's this, the 80s? :grinning:

Camden Leisure Pirate likes this.
  7. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

Lasercutcard are also remaking the full range after supplier issues (now different carboard thickness, meaning parts would not adjust if not changed). So many models are unavaliable (luckly doors and similar are up).

Mantic has a crate or two of doors and complements, BTW. No idea of quality.

8. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

The mantic stuff is hard plastic (poly cement glues it - well, the good ones, do. Some of the n-butyl acetate solvent ones have some trouble, but plastic-weld works a treat. Superglues also work (sorta. Surface bonding only UNLESS you sand both surfaces first to maximise surface area).

9. Balewolf

Balewolf It's all opinion

Miniature Scenery.com also has a detailing set with cool widgets and doors. I believe they even come with little cameras too. We bought about 8 sets of them to detail the mini duels kickstarter terrain and the doors are really cool.

10. Mob of Blondes

The "cube" kits, used for scifi (grey) and martians/zombies (red), with 2 link points per side of each square, are PS glue compatible. Or were, when they were sprue based, now they come in bags (I fear the brutal clipping). But the new detail kits look like PVC, at least the screens have details impossible with 2 part mold injection (slide cores? nah). Worst is that retentive players will complain the basic doors are 25mm wide (and I guess that is with frame, so "unpassable").

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have been looking at some 3d printed options as well but I don't have any experience on quality or what sort of cost getting designs printed runs at, for the amount id want probably cheaper to buy the printer

12. Mob of Blondes

Probably. For 250 you can get a decent extruder printer (or card cutter, a plotter with a blade tip) and for 500, a resin printer. More advances ones for 3 times that (more cost, less headaches), like Prusa ones.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah its something I really need to look into, I think designing your own stuff and printing could be a whole other hobby

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation