1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The other mini games

Discussion in 'Off-Topic English' started by Space Ranger, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Varsovian

Varsovian Well-Known Member

Could you tell me more about this game? How do you stat models etc.?

Thanks, noted!

Still, my dream is that CB suddenly announce they are launching Eternity: The Fantasy Skirmish Game. Imagine a small-scale fantasy game with Infinity-quality minis and as great rules as Infinity has...

BTW. Has anyone tried playing fantasy skirmish with Infinity rules?

jherazob, Xeurian and Pen-dragon like this.
  2. Balewolf

Balewolf It's all opinion

Infinity
    Arena Rex
    X-Wing
    I have an army for Darklands, but we haven't played it yet.
    Village attacks
    Kingdom Death
    Gloomhaven

I have very little time to play, but I keep buying stuff for Infinity. While infinity is my primary game, I've been doing a bit of 40k with a friend who's just gotten into it and am just starting X-wing now that the new edition came out. Also just bought the starter for Drop Fleet commander, as the ships look amazing. Have a few kickstarters on the way too.

Icchan likes this.
  3. Xeurian

Xeurian Well-Known Member

Warmachine is my primary game but Infinity is a very close second. I have yet to travel for Infinity mind you.

I have some undead and backed a kickstarter for a bunch of Shield Maiden models to use for Kings of War which I love playing, but the game soon died out in my local area before my Shield Maidens had even been mailed out to me.

I have a teeny bit of Batman which I wasn't particularly fond of playing but the minis are cool so I don't regret getting them.

Some X-Wing as well but I hate the way the cards are packaged and how every ship has these optimal little builds with cards from all over the range which turn every ship into something completely different. The different pilots I could bear but just let a Tie fighter be a Tie fighter, damn it!

4. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

There are a lot of variations of that game, too. Songs of Drums and Shakos for Napoleonic Skirmish (watch the BBC Sharpe's Rifles series to get in the mood), Songs of Fifes and Tomahawks for French and Indian War, even a long-distance import of alien anteaters in WW1 called Songs of Our Ancestors. And those are just the ones I remember off the top of my head.

You really need to flip the details in the melee and shooting rules, which is a pretty big re-write. Hacking becomes magic.

jherazob likes this.
  5. saint

saint Charming, but irrational

Well Infinity obviously thats why i'm here.

I've got a small UCM squadron for Dropfleet back when my friends and i where looking for a fleet game, good game too, just didn't have all the variety we want.

40K is definitely my biggest hobby money sink, and what got me into this whole mess in the first place. I've got around 4K of guard(mostly infantry, God-Emperor preserve me), 2K of Raven Guard and i'm currently working on some Dark Eldar, goddamned GW and their plastic crack.

6. Cac O'Daemon

Cac O'Daemon Member

I mostly paint these days. . . mostly.

Ready to play:
    Two Full Thrust fleets (Phalon, and Yenpalo)
    Several 15mm Rogue Stars crews.
    15mm Dark Elves for Frostgrave/Song of Blades and Heroes.
    An ERM Slicks gang, for Necromunda or similar.

Used to play:
    Legend of the Five Rings: Clan War (Crab Clan)
    X-wing
    Monsterpocalypse
    Battlfleet Gothic
    40k (Dark Angels), way back in 3rd edition.

In the till are a bunch of Warmachine Cryx that I got for cheap, although I'm stalled-out on how I want to base them (The Cankerworm's scenic base complicates things), some Gaslands cars, a few 6mm Dirtside armies (Quar, NSL, Worms), and a 15mm Growler Hordes of the Things army.

Right now (aside from my Yu Jing and O.S.S.), my painting table is occupied by a squad of Void Tactical Arakton that have been waiting for paint since Void 1.1 was a thing (no idea what game I'll use them in).

7. Balewolf

The UCM look so cool. Even if I don't get to play, I'm going to be painting them up for the shelf or a diorama or something. I have too much stuff for 40k, have been collecting for about 17 years, have only sold 2 of the armies that I've collected and now have access to buying it at wholesale, so it's kind of a problem...

csjarrat likes this.
  8. csjarrat

csjarrat Well-Known Member

I've got loads of systems on the go, aside from infinity I'm absolutely loving blood red skies (ww2 air combat) and test of honour (feudal Japanese skirmish game). Also got cruel seas on order for December (ww2 naval game)

9. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Personally...
    I play, paint and collect Infinity (Nomads, Tohaa, Aleph, CA, Haqquislam)
    I have the rulebooks and are in the processing of assembling models for Kill Team (Deathwatch, Skitarii, Thousand Sons)
    I have the rulebooks and are grabbing models for Warhammer 40k 8th ed (in the future, Deathwatch. ATM Betrayal at Calth), and intend to start the Warhammer Conquest collection (in Spain, published by Salvat... and has had a short live a few weeks ago, and has been announced as a test launch with the real one being in January), which will give me tons of Primaris and some auxiliary regular marines troops, plus Death Guard.
    I have the whole Bones 3 Quickstarter, on Feb2019 I will get the Bones 4, and have the Frostgrave rulebooks :p
    I have an old metal Gryphon "army" from Condfrontation, and the last rulebook published (plus the booklets...), so I can play that one too XD
    Plus the Star Saga box, and I intend to grab the Blackstone Fortress game...

jherazob likes this.
  10. saint

saint Charming, but irrational

The UCM stuff was exactly what i like in a faction, a lot of numbers, unfancy guns, and moderate staying power. really like the colors that i came up with too. Drop fleet.jpg

for all the shit people give 40K (including myself) for the rules system I must say that when played in a friendly(not necessarily non-competitive) environment it can be such a blast.

11. Balewolf

They look great and make me think of the Ships from Halo, but with visible guns.

40k is great as no fucks given beer and pretzel game. It's okay as a casual by the rules game (even with the dumb character targeting stuff). It's cancer in the rules lawyer/tournament scene.

12. Nekokoneko

Nekokoneko New Member

The was somebody forever ago that did some fantasy Infinity, it was very shooty lol!

I have one of the old Warcrow minis that still needs to be painted. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

13. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

That does look awesome, i have pending to at some point get spaceships to paint since somebody showed me his Full Thrust armies, but i have waaaaaay too much of a backlog already to get into new stuff... :sweat:

14. leigen_zero

leigen_zero Morat Pacifist

I've long held the argument that about 75% of the problems with 40k are the players, not the game itself

jherazob likes this.
  15. FatherKnowsBest

FatherKnowsBest Red Knight of Curmudgeon

Yeah, but that is true about Infinity as well. Probably a lot of games too

Xeurian likes this.
  16. Flipswitch

Flipswitch Sepsitorised by Intent

Board games because I have absolutely no time for other games.

17. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

You need to find a way to play games while on the clock, Flip. And no, Map Exercises don't count.

jherazob likes this.
  18. Flipswitch

Flipswitch Sepsitorised by Intent

Nor does correcting orders haha. I'll be a civilian soon my friend

19. chaos11

chaos11 Well-Known Member

I don't play a whole lot of anything (I did an Infinity tournament like 2 years ago, and occasionally play it with some non-wargaming friends of mine), but I have models for and the desire to play 40k, Age of Sigmar, Warmahordes, Malifaux, Bushido. I also have Kingdom Death, which I haven't played yet as I don't have a lot of space anywhere and I'm still waiting for my card sleeves to arrive.

Thinking about it, I don't paint a whole lot either, so my hobby at the moment is pretty much buying models.

20. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

Just a couple hours ago when recovering my forgotten Lead Adventure account and seeing what was new since the last time, i discovered "Star Breach". The author bills it as a "multiverse" sci-fi game, as in, you can use any models from any sci-fi setting. The fact that it's free also helps, and it doesn't look broken or imbalanced so far despite how easy it'd be for that to happen. Will have to give it a deeper look, because the idea of mix and matching all sorts of armies from all sorts of sci-fi settings sounds crazy but fun.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation