1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

W tee Eff?!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic English' started by ShaeKonnit, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Pierzasty

Pierzasty Null-Space Entity

Oh look, here's an Infinity-related one!

[​IMG]

I can't think of absolutely any way how it can go wrong, no sir! :D

#701 Pierzasty, Nov 5, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
    xagroth, MikeTheScrivener and Icchan like this.
  2. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

I mean, on one hand its just an artist drawing inspiration from history. on the other its the holocaust. I also don't think I would have recognized it if I hadn't seen the side by side.

To be honest I have no idea how the fuck this passed QC.....

3. saint

saint Charming, but irrational

I'm betting it was intentional, notes for the artist probably went something like this: something something something show the horrors of EI occupation something something.

so in work fuckery today the same moronic co-owner as last went from demanding we further modify a test that has already been changed to be barely recognizable to what it started as to telling us that it was extremely important that we follow a procedure exactly with the incorrect equipment that was previously purchased for us, don't even think he paused to breath and i know he didn't stop to think about the words that left his mouth.

4. Leper

Leper UPGRADE: EXILE

Likely because no one but the artist was familiar with the photograph?

Or, I mean, we could all assume that everyone involved with the process was absolutely aware and were purposefully out to mock and offend everyone, that no one actually thought it was more of an inspiration or homage, and it's all a bunch of people being malicious. That broad and baseless assumption lets us be angry at other people, so let's go with that.

5. ShaeKonnit

ShaeKonnit Well-Known Member

Turns out my old, mad co-worker has left quite a legacy...
    He left a while ago to work someplace else, but just this morning I get the oddest recorded message:
    "We have an important message for [co-worker]. If this is you, please press 1. If not, please press 2."

Only he would have pressed 1...

Christ knows what bullshit he must have signed up for to get a message like this sent out.

6. leigen_zero

leigen_zero Morat Pacifist

w.r.t. Horses in video games, especially in 3D engines, horses are one of the hardest animals to correctly draw and animate ('cause they run weird, we didn't figure it out IRL properly until the late 1800s), so much so that game devs tried to actively avoid having horses in their games to save on extra work including one would entail.

In fact, one of the reasons Link has Epona in Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is because Nintendo wanted to show off the capabilities of the new console by having what, at the time, was considered an absolute ballache to do, and have it done well.

7. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

Combined Army confirmed as Literally Hitler.

8. Pierzasty

It's CB's conspiracy to shittify all the factions I play. Nomads are next.

xagroth likes this.
  9. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Where can I donate money to CB ?:P

chromedog likes this.
  10. Brother Smoke

Brother Smoke Bureau Trimurti Representative

I honestly don't see the issue, I'm a fan of historical references

chromedog likes this.
  11. leigen_zero

leigen_zero Morat Pacifist

Because no one is allowed to do anything anymore without the internet getting upset about it.

Seriously though, I think it's because of the gravitas of the reference photograph in this instance.

xagroth and chromedog like this.
  12. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

Oh, we already have nazis somewhere in Bakunin, I bet.

13. ShaeKonnit

Attached Files:

14. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

In the US, those are usually associated with 'You owe us money' (and legitimately owe someone money, not some bullshit-ass scammer crap)

Did you miss the thread about the morality of creating the Hollowmen?

xagroth, Icchan and ev0k like this.
  15. Pierzasty

Oh, that would explain Shae's post. "Only he would be that stupid as to confirm his identity to random phone debt-hunters", right?

No. But it's one thing to have fictional atrocities, and another to drag real-world ones into a game. Back at you: remember the Kempeitai thread? When they were just a unit mention and "the better-behaved insurgents than the Tatenokai" it was just a somewhat edgy thing. When they started behaving in-fluff just like the actual WW2 Kempeitai did, people started bitching. It brings unneeded baggage.
    Maybe I'm more sensitive because I live in a country where this happened to family members of many people, myself included, but I find it tasteless for no benefit to the fluff.
    Anyway, that's it on my part, I've explained my standpoint and I'm not gonna drag it on.

xagroth and Harlekin like this.
  16. ShaeKonnit

Had a great one last night from out Shadowrun GM - he works as part of a tech support pool for big companies that use their software.
    That's important - the people who call him up are not the general public; they are involved in the management of millions of pounds worth of business.
    Just recently he gets a call from one such client, claiming there's a program he needs to use but it seems to have disappeared from his computer.
    So, GM gets permission to remotely access the computer in question and have a look. He asks the usual questions, like has he installed, or been asked to install, any unusual programs recently, opened any unknown emails, and otherwise made any changes to the computer himself.
    All "no" - the program just up and disappeared.

After barely a minute's search, he finds the file for the program - exactly where it was supposed to be. "Uhm..." he begins to explain, "I've found the program - it's right there in C, where it was installed."
    "Yeah," replies the client, "but it's not on the desktop where it should be!"
    Turns out he accidentally deleted the desktop shortcut, so ultimately called up Support to add the shortcut to the desktop, again.
    Remember - this is not an individual with a PC; the fate of hundreds of employees is in his hands.
    God help them...

17. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

Do you have any idea how many times i had to go into Production dept. just to press a button on an industrial printer?
    "It doesn't work!"
    "What happened?"
    "Nothing!!!"
    "Do you see any light or signal? Does the control panel says anything?"
    "No!!!"
    "..."
    "..."
    "I'll be there as soon as possible"

This normally is 20-30 minutes later, and only if they didn't resolve themselves before...

colbrook likes this.
  18. Icchan

Icchan Well-Known Member

After one works in tech support for any amount of time, you generally start to understand why Microsoft is pushing mandatory updates and many software creators like to remove choice from the users.

Section9, chromedog and xagroth like this.
  19. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

So, to save the environment, Renfrewshire Council are sending everyone a new bin made of plastic, and a many page leaflet and some stickers. Oh, and running collections seven days a week.

This seems a bit counterproductive.

Lothlanathorian and chromedog like this.
  20. Rizzy

Rizzy Armchair Strategos L3

Today I had to phone and walk a customer through the steps to copy a template in our cloud solution. He could not find the copy template function under Edit Templates. Right under the Edit Template button is a big fat Copy Template button... at least he was a little bit embarrassed. Good thing he only handles all IT Security for his branch.

Same guy: Why do I have to copy templates anyway?
    Because each one is stored in one of the data-centers, which happen to be in different cities.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation