1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fluff Blurb: Cybernetic Frames versus Vat-Grown Clones. . .

Discussion in 'ALEPH' started by stevenart74, Nov 7, 2018.

?

Organic or Cybernetic Nature of "Skinfaced Troops"

Poll closed Feb 7, 2019.
  1. Vedic Troops are "Motoko Kusanagi" metal bodies?

8 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Myrmydons are "HALO Spartan-3" vat grown clones ?

9 vote(s)
    75.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. stevenart74

stevenart74 Well-Known Member

I put also there some ruminations about the "Nature" of A.L.E.P.H. apparently Organic Troopers, that originated from a discussion of a Pan-Oceanian "Deniable Assetts" Mercenary Force and the NOT-SO-WISE idea to include Naga / Deva / Myrmydon styled operatives with some "Visual Tweaks" as to PERHAPS claim they were "Nomadtech Illegal Reverse-Engineering". . .

. . . . .

2. stevenart74

If I recall correctly some infos from the FIRST Version of Infinity to the other more recent (so subject to Fan-Rumormongering and Revision of the Background) the Vedic Soldiers are "Motoko Kusanagi Style" TOTALLY cybernetic bodies with JUST a Synth-Skin cover (so, LIKE the Major of Ghost-In-The-Shell when seriously Wounded, or more correctly "Damaged", little bits of Mecha Parts, or WEIRD clearlt SYNTH musclefibers, like in Scarlet Johannson movie, are apparent). . .

Meanwhile the Myrmydons, SHOULD be Clone-Growth "High% Technorganics" kind of "Biomorphs Frames" that are cheaper to be created quickly and expended on the battlefield; when a Myrmydon is so effective to "Scale Ranks" (such as for Ajax) THEN is grafted some more "Heavy Gear Cybertech" to be able to combat more effectively. . .

@Section9 remarked that the ONLY apparent “Cybertech” of Greek Named troops is an “Artificially Enhanced Metal Spine”. . .

I believe He is top-on-spot but from Official Concept Art is very difficult to understand if some "Hitech Gewgaws" are CYBERNETIC installed or are JUST "Worn Bodysuit Parts"; also the more advanced Armours of the A.L.E.P.H. forces seems to be "Anchored" at the Spine and other "Sensible Spots" FURTHER blurring the lines between Organic Body, Mechanized Cybertech and External Gear. . .

. . . . .

I check much of this from VISUAL cues of A.L.E.P.H. Official Concept Art and Illustrations, cross-referenced from extant material from Modiphius R.P.G. but, AS I HAVE MANY TIME SAID, here in Italy is IMPOSSIBLE to obtain "Human Sphere NA3" and other Wargame Manuals WITHOUT an HIDEOUSLY costly surcharge from German Importers, so PERHAPS there is some RECENT blurb of "Official Canon Spiel" that WHOLLY contradict these Infos of mine based, on old, outdated Material. . . . .!!!

. . . . .

Also My "Outdated References" hints (cross-indexed from Achilles Stats in the R.P.G.) that "Troy Brad Pitt" is the TOPMOST extent of A.L.E.P.H. Miniaturization Tech. . .

Essentially the "Heavy Armour Version" of Achilles, with the Oplythe Wargear" is, more-or-less, an HEAVY T.A.G. hypercompressed in a barely 2m. High Humanoid Frame. . .

In the Roleplaying Game is clearly statted that NOTHING, not EVEN E.I. Operatives, should be more powerful at that Human Size (and we are speaking of JUST the "Physical Capabilities" as Achilles Skillset is DOWNLOADED from ALL COLLECTED "History of Human Warfare" kind of "Battle Talents" that "Big Sister" was able to cram in that perfectly-tailored, shampoo-conditioned, long-haired head). . .!! Someone once suggested, in the Old Forum, that Achilles is JUST a Humanoid Head and a Spinal Cord (both BARELY Organic) INSERTED inside a Min-TAG Exoframe. . .!!

Abrilete likes this.
  3. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

As far as I'm aware, Lhosts contain such a mix of organic and non-organic components that it's not possible to say 'this one is an organic clone, but this other one is a metal cybernetic body'.

Keyrott, chromedog, Solar and 4 others like this.
  4. Mruczyslaw

Mruczyslaw AROnaut

So they are like box of chocolates?;))

5. daszul

daszul Well-Known Member

If I recall correctly from the RPG,
    then all ALEPH Characters are Lhosts.
    So they are basically biological, while still artifical.

But then there are several possible upgrades:
    Cybernetics, even full-body-ones,
    as well als nanotec, bioware, and of course, silk upgrades.

So the transitions are rather fluid, and mixtures quite possible.

Golem2God, jherazob and stevenart74 like this.
  6. stevenart74

@Mruczyslaw . . .

Rather they are "Schrodinger Cats" . . .

Until You cut them open is not easy to predict if they will bleed Motor Oil, "White Synthmuscle Fluid" (the ONLY thing that in Ghost In The Shell original Manga was able to disseminate between Gynoid Dolls or Cyborgs like the Major !!) or good Ol' Hemoglobine !!

Or they are rather "Cyber Mexican Pinatas". . . . .You shoot them with an Armor Piercing Grenade Warhead and DO NOT know if there will be a fallout of metal tidbits or fleshy pieces. . .

A little morbid yes, but we are discussing a Wargame Game-Background anyway. . . . .!!!

Abrilete and jherazob like this.
  7. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

I think that mostly they are gene-modified and enhanced human bodies with human biology that are then further upgraded through silk modifications and the odd bit of bioware and cyberware.

Basically inside a Deva's chest cavity are lungs, a heart, liver etc. The organs are subtly modified for superior performance, however, the Deva's skin has a sub-dermal ballistic layer and her bones are both tougher then regular bones and outwardly laced with a protective lattice of synthetic fibres, the nervous system is silk-enhanced for perfect control of bodily functions, pain response, enhanced senses and reactions etc, and the eyes/ears/brain/so on have cybernetic upgrades for Augmented Reality and more.

This is true to a greater or lesser extent for all Aleph Lhosts is my expectation. Basically a human body, but superior.

Golem2God, jherazob and stevenart74 like this.
  8. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

The real downside is that the LHost modifications aren't inheritable. Insufficiently advanced technology!

jherazob likes this.
  9. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Wait you want to say that it's a downside that LHosts cannot have offspring which would inherit their body architecture ?

10. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Compared to everyone being as strong/smart/connected as an LHost? Yes.

11. stevenart74

Combing now the VARIOUS more recent Material, both R.P.G. and Wargame, to collect all available data about the "Nature" of various A.L.E.P.H. Troops. . .

Have a web-friend that obtained the "Vedic Versus Kazak" boxed set (with the usual idea of splitting the Minis between two interested parties); unfortunately it is not so diffuse and available here in Italy as "Icestorm" and "Red Veil" (that appears to be a MUST for almost ANY L.G.S. of Northern Italy !!) but hopefully I will be able to persuse the Booklet soon to see how are described the "Agents of Big Sister Computer". . .

Unfortunately more precise infos will be available ONLY when a DEDICATED Booklet will be done for A.L.E.P.H. Troops, either a "Wargame Event" like the Japanese Insurrection or the Faction Manual for the Roleplaying Game. . .

In any case YET the Basic Manual of the Modiphius R.P.G. have ALL the stuff needed to play a "Elite Agent" like the ones described by @Section9 : Vat-Grown High%Organic Bodies that are "Ameliorated" with INNATE Genengineering (so essentially "Homo Sapiens2.0" !!!) and that have the OPTION of accruing ENOUGH Silk Implants (that are distinctively "Techno-Organics" as the ONLY stuff that could be USUALLY implanted on Antipodes, Wulvers, Dogwarriors and other like "Regenearating Djanzabans") and ALSO "Ol' Fashioned Metalware" untile they are either graceful, lithe "Motoko Kusanagis" or devastating, lumbering "Juggernaught" like a Warhammer 40.000 Adeptus Astartes "Veteran Space-Marine Techpriest". . .

The research continue. . . . .!!!

Golem2God and jherazob like this.
  12. Solodice

Solodice Freshly Squeezed Troll

Third Offensive will have OSS fluff.

Golem2God likes this.
  13. stevenart74

Yeah, a pity that "Third Offensive" as much as "Human Sphere N3" will NOT be available in Italy WITHOUT an HIDEOUS price surcharge !!

Asked to the three different Distributors / Retailers in My L.G.S. and Infinity Manuals are NOT AVAILABLE ("Human Sphere N3" was usually "NOT ON PREORDER" until, one day, became "OUT OF STOCK" and probably will be the same for "Third Offensive"). . .

The issue has been signaled to the interested parties anyway. . .

. . . .

I have FAR MORE hopes in the A.L.E.P.H. R.P.G. Manual anyway . . . . .!!!

jherazob and Golem2God like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation