1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ikari in progress

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by Space Ranger, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Ikari WIP

Ikar is my new force that I’m starting and having fun already just with the great diversity of things I can do. I’m using a lot of my old Yu Jing figs to do it. Zhanshi=Keisotsu, Acmon=Bounty Hunter/Brawler, etc.

Bounty Hunter with Bike
    My first full figure painting. Meaning from beginning to end. I’m using Acmon (Aleph) for mainly a Bounty Hunter. I’ve put a magnet on his back so I can put various weapons on his back. Sniper Rifle, and Spitfire are ready so far. I’ve got the Bounty Hunter pretty much done on the body but have his guns and bike to do. I’ve also made it that the magnet in his base lines up with the magnet in the base of the bike. Next his bike!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Wu Ming
    These guys I already have for my ISS, however I did touch them up a bit by adding some color. The orange on the shoulders.
    [​IMG]

WIP Yuan Yuan #1 with a sword!
    I’ve been wanting to pain her for years! I just never had a chance though. So now I can paint this Wushu goddess and she’s going to come down hard!
    [​IMG]

Update 8/17 Finished YY#1.
    I'm pretty happy with her. Especially the skin tone. The face came out pretty good for me. Now on to #2!

[​IMG]

Remotes
    WIP I really want color in this force. My ISS and YJ are a bit drab. So how about some racing colors!
    [​IMG]

More WIP. 8/20
    [​IMG]

Fat Boi WIP 8/29
    [​IMG]

Updates!! 8/21

I went on a painting spree this week. I had to work from home this week and I admit I cheated a bit and worked on some figures. Though the majority was done after work every night. 6 figures done! Fat YY, 3 “Keisotsu”, Brawler, Brawler/Major Luna. My idea of having every figure slightly different is working out I think. I’m also experimenting with different techniques. Especially trying to paint brighter colors.

I finally finished my Fat Yuan Yuan. Now that I’ve painted him I want to change his name. I used to call him Fat Boi, but now I’m going to call him the Red Baron!
    [​IMG]

I can’t believe I did all these guys in about 2 nights. I didn’t do them to level of detail I did on the Red Baron but still I think they came out pretty well. The one in the yellow was a bitch though. A lot of things didn’t go right but whatevs. Good enough or a pirate.
    [​IMG]

I’m pretty happy with the Brawler/Ayyar. I just love this figure and knew right away I wanted him as a Brawler. I also used some colors that have pretty much never been used. Forcing myself to try new things.
    [​IMG]

Major Luna/Brawler Sniper I’m also pretty happy with considering I painted her in about 2 nights. For some reason I felt I had to do her with dark skin tons. Come on, look at that booty!
    [​IMG]

Update 10/16
    Well, this is kinda for me, I really painted them for my buddies Haqqislam but I’m using his figs for my Ikari until I get my own. When I do them for myself they are going to look a little brighter and a little more mixed colors. I don’t want my guys to all look alike. They may have the same colors but not totally in the same combination.

These were done in only a few days. He needs them for a tournament this weekend. I still have 3 more figures to get done by then! HVT, Xenotech, and a Bash Bozuk.

[​IMG]

Update 11/5
    I've added a Keisotsu to my group. It's actually one I had for my old YJ force. I just touched it up a bit and put a new base on.
    [​IMG]

I was sick this weekend but managed to finally finish my bike for the Desperado/Bounty Hunter. I'm pretty happy with it! :grinning:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    --

#1 Space Ranger, Aug 7, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
    WarHound, Azuset, Section9 and 9 others like this.
  2. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

@Space Ranger So far so good. I think you should try out racing colors on the remotes and see how it fairs.

Koin-Koin likes this.
  3. Space Ranger

That's what I was thinking! lol I'm not sure how I want to try to do a straight line though. Masking?
    The "eyes" are going to be green. going to try to do a glow effect.

Golem2God likes this.
  4. Koin-Koin

Koin-Koin Well-Known Member

Racing lines !!!
    It will make them faster !!!

Golem2God likes this.
  5. Golem2God

"But Bozz it's da red onez that goez fasta."

Zeidan, Koin-Koin and jherazob like this.
  6. Space Ranger

It goes well with the Yuan Yuans!

Actually, I was planning on doing the Fat YY in the same colors as the remotes.

Golem2God likes this.
  7. Space Ranger

Update! See Original post. :point_up_2:

I've finish my #1 Yuan Yuan. I'm pretty happy with her. My first time doing pink and such bright colors. Right now my name for her is Candy. I'm going to be asking a friend if he can give me the Chinese word or something better in Chinese for her.

Next on the list is my YY#2. Using the old Ko Dali figure. I want to Yellow with her. I'm now thinking of doing a bit of a Kill Bill theme with her by doing yellow with a black strip up the side!

jherazob and Golem2God like this.
  8. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

Can't see any changes in the starting post

9. Space Ranger

Hmmm, i see it. It's under the first image of her. Titled Update 8/17

Would be better if I do it at the bottom?

Oh and my name for her is Bad Candy!

10. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

Sry, my fault, was searching for Ko Dali.

In my opinion, it would be better to make a new post for new models in this thread, buts up to you.

11. Space Ranger

How about both!

Update 8/17 Finished YY#1.
    I'm pretty happy with her. Especially the skin tone. The face came out pretty good for me. Now on to #2!

[​IMG]

Raghart, Section9, McDevil and 6 others like this.
  12. Space Ranger

More WIP. 8/20 here and OP :point_up:
    So far so good.
    I unfortunately need a new yellow because my old ones have separated too much.

I’ve now named the Fat Yuan Yuan “Fat Boi.” This was the first time I’ve used Silly Putty to mask a figure. It’s great because it sticks to itself but not the figure. There were a few spots that poked out but nothing too bad I think.

I had to re-paint some of the bike. The blue wasn’t quite working and it came out a bit lighter than I wanted but hey, I said I wanted bright colors.

[​IMG]

13. Space Ranger

Slowly getting some work done on Fat Boi. He’s coming along pretty well I think.

Fat Boi WIP 8/29
    [​IMG]

14. Space Ranger

Updates!! 8/21

I went on a painting spree this week. I had to work from home this week and I admit I cheated a bit and worked on some figures. Though the majority was done after work every night. 6 figures done! Fat YY, 3 “Keisotsu”, Brawler, Brawler/Major Luna. My idea of having every figure slightly different is working out I think. I’m also experimenting with different techniques. Especially trying to paint brighter colors.

I finally finished my Fat Yuan Yuan. Now that I’ve painted him I want to change his name. I used to call him Fat Boi, but now I’m going to call him the Red Baron!
    [​IMG]

I can’t believe I did all these guys in about 2 nights. I didn’t do them to level of detail I did on the Red Baron but still I think they came out pretty well. The one in the yellow was a bitch though. A lot of things didn’t go right but whatevs. Good enough or a pirate.
    [​IMG]

I’m pretty happy with the Brawler/Ayyar. I just love this figure and knew right away I wanted him as a Brawler. I also used some colors that have pretty much never been used. Forcing myself to try new things.
    [​IMG]

Major Luna/Brawler Sniper I’m also pretty happy with considering I painted her in about 2 nights. For some reason I felt I had to do her with dark skin tons. Come on, look at that booty!
    [​IMG]

15. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

Rocking!
    One quick thing: Never use flash on photos of minis, i've never seen a single case where it actually helped.

Koin-Koin likes this.
  16. Space Ranger

I know but I did these really quick. At some point I'm going to try to do some really good shots. These were also done with my tablet. Not the best camera for sure.

17. Space Ranger

Update 10/16
    Well, this is kinda for me, I really painted them for my buddies Haqqislam but I’m using his figs for my Ikari until I get my own. When I do them for myself they are going to look a little brighter and a little more mixed colors. I don’t want my guys to all look alike. They may have the same colors but not totally in the same combination.

These were done in only a few days. He needs them for a tournament this weekend. I still have 3 more figures to get done by then! HVT, Xenotech, and a Bash Bozuk.

[​IMG]

18. Space Ranger

Update 11/5
    I've added a Keisotsu to my group. It's actually one I had for my old YJ force. I just touched it up a bit and put a new base on.
    [​IMG]

I was sick this weekend but managed to finally finish my bike for the Desperado/Bounty Hunter. I'm pretty happy with it! :grinning:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Golem2God

@Space Ranger You should be happy with how these turned out. They look colorful yet not too much.

Space Ranger and Koin-Koin like this.
  20. Space Ranger

Thanks! I think the base helps to tie them together. I'm pretty happy with them so far. My goal of them all looking different is going well so far. I need to get my own Druze to paint though. My next goal is to finish my 3rd YY using old Ko Dali. Then finish the remotes.

Golem2God likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation