1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wendigo's plog

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by wendigo, Nov 1, 2018.

1. wendigo

wendigo Nomad Artichoke

I'm a little intimidated starting a painting log in the same forum as some of the fantastic painters around here, but hopefully there's something for me to learn from it and I'm not too bad in comparison.

Having finished up painting Nomads earlier this year, I was pretty excited that I only needed to paint sixteen more models to have fully painted StarCo. It will be a fun distraction before I started up a new faction later this year.

I started with the ol' Outrage box, of course. The reason to play StarCo. I sold the Oniwaban, threw the dog warrior into a shoebox, and dug out my Knauf in a baggie.

[​IMG]
    I hope to continue to post pictures as I finish models and take pictures of them.

2. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

@wendigo Verily nicely done with a good selection of colors. Will you be posting any more pictures soon?

3. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Your painting is just fine, it's better than anything I've done in years!

Golem2God likes this.
  4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Looking tight, throw up a pic of your other nomads.

5. wendigo

wendigo Nomad Artichoke

Aw, shucks. I plan to put up all my StarCo as it is finished and photographed.

Here are the Al' Hawwa. I was in a rush to get the hacker painted because I was using the boarding shotgun profiles all the time. I took a bit longer to get the sniper rifle painted because I still haven't fielded her, but she was sure fun to paint. Olives and tans are a really refreshing change of pace from Nomads colors.

[​IMG]

Section9, Abydog, jherazob and 8 others like this.
  6. Golem2God

@wendigo They look just as good as the previous picture. I'm glad that my compliment was a blessing to you.

wendigo likes this.
  7. wendigo

wendigo Nomad Artichoke

Anaconda Squad! I was really looking forward to painting this guy. I got an airbrush late last year and I was eager to paint a model big enough for a novice to use it on. I had a lot of fun working on it but I had a horrible accident near the end. I had airbrushed the sword silver as the last thing before I varnished, but I neglected to clear the airbrush before I switched to varnish; I just blew some cleaner through it and reloaded it. About 10 seconds into varnishing it, a giant clog of silver came loose and came out all over the base. I was heartbroken, but I couldn't summon the effort to repaint it as I would have had to detach the model from the base again. So he ended up standing on a silvery base, and I moved on. Lesson learned: don't skip cleaning the airbrush when switching colors, especially metallics.

The Anaconda profile is horrible. I painted him up for a local tournament with a TAG mission in it, but he performed so poorly in my practice sessions and in the tournament that I haven't removed him from the bag since. Oh well.

[​IMG]

Section9, Abydog, jherazob and 6 others like this.
  8. Golem2God

Did you try both profiles? I'm sorry to hear that the unit fared poorly for your matches. You thinking about getting any other T.A.G.s in the future?

9. wendigo

wendigo Nomad Artichoke

I've only tried the HMG. For only 2pts more than the spitfire, I don't think I'd ever consider a spitfire. I have already painted all the Nomad TAGs, but I will pick up whatever is available for my next faction.

Here's an Irmandinho. I love these guys. They usually don't make it to the payoff zone, but they have gone rambo or saved my bacon enough that any StarCo list always has one.

[​IMG]

Section9, Daimeow, Abydog and 7 others like this.
  10. Golem2God

Do you play all the Nomad sectorials?
    He will certainly stand out on the tabletop with how you painted him along with his performance.

11. wendigo

wendigo Nomad Artichoke

I have played them all at one point in time. I haven't played either Corregidor or Bakunin in awhile. I was on a vanilla Nomads kick before StarCo came along.

Hardcases! I love this model and I love this profile. Ambush Camo is always a good time. It's amazing how easy it is to fake people out, and I have come to appreciate the Tactical Bow. There are so many fun things in StarCo.
    [​IMG]

Section9, Abydog, jherazob and 3 others like this.
  12. Golem2God

That is the appeal of Merc forces. Grouping together units & combinations that aren't available in the main factions.

13. wendigo

wendigo Nomad Artichoke

I told myself I wouldn't run a Warcors until I had a Warcors model, but I couldn't bring myself to buy that horrible model of the guy with the football helmet. When "Spinderella" came out, the pose was so bad it was good. Warcors is an autoinclude in every one of my lists. If it even wastes a single order for your opponent, it was worth it, and the ridiculous model is insult to injury.

[​IMG]

Recon 00, Daimeow, Abydog and 5 others like this.
  14. Golem2God

Outside of the ridiculous pose, I like how the female Warcor looks. Some of the parts could be used for conversions which is what I'm planning to do when I purchase her.

15. wendigo

wendigo Nomad Artichoke

The uprising Brawler. The Brawler MSV2 sniper Haris turned out to be a StarCo staple. I ended up using the Authorized Bounty Hunter Combi Rifle as the other Brawler (painted in the same colors), and good ol' Jethro as the sniper. I wanted to spend a decent amount of time on this model as I was fielding it every game. I think it ended up coming out too dark for table play, and I wish I had punched up the visor a bit, but overall I am happy with it.

[​IMG]

Oni, coleslaw, Daimeow and 9 others like this.
  16. wendigo

wendigo Nomad Artichoke

CSUs! Never did have much success with them, and it seems like there are much better units in their point range, but I sure did have fun painting them up! It was nice to switch to a different color scheme for awhile, and I am in love with the Neoterran Executive model.

[​IMG]

Section9, coleslaw, Oni and 8 others like this.
  17. Golem2God

They go well together and the similar color scheme does help drive that home.

18. wendigo

wendigo Nomad Artichoke

Cateran! I love this model, and I wish I could have used all the additional rubble pieces that came with him, but alas, he is only S2 and I'm not putting him on a 40mm base for vanity. Other than wimping out on painting tartan on the kilt (I had a bad experience with McMurrough), I am mostly happy with the results.

So this was the last model. StarCo complete! Well, that wasn't too bad. New faction incoming!

[​IMG]

coleslaw, Section9, Abydog and 6 others like this.
  19. Golem2God

Wait..that's it? Already done? Wow you paint fast. What is the next faction you have your sights set on?

20. wendigo

wendigo Nomad Artichoke

Well, to be fair, I had finished painting StarCo before I started this thread. I've just been only posting one picture a day. I've already started on the new faction, which is Tohaa. The Tohaa models weren't my favorite Infinity models, but I liked their style of play and I liked that I could have an entire fully painted faction with only 60 models.

I painted all my nomads right off of the box. I stuck with the Nomad colors, and deviated very seldomly from which part was supposed to be which color. I branched out a little bit in StarCo, but I really wanted to try coming up with my own palette for Tohaa. I thought the by-the-box Tohaa color scheme was boring, so I planned out a triad (using Abobe Color CC) of colors and matched them to the closest reaper MSP colors. This is what I ended up with:

Primary color: 09240 - Royal Purple - Armor
    Secondary color: 09077 - Marine Teal - Cloth
    Tertiary color: 09129 - Faded Khaki - Accessories & weapons

[​IMG]

Section9, jherazob and Golem2God like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation