1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Proxy or conversion suggestions for Skiavoros and Sphinx

Discussion in 'Combined Army' started by JacobJ, Jul 21, 2018.

1. smog

smog Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Use the CA HVT model (pneumarch) for a skiavoros.

Use the anathematic for a Sphinx.

Golem2God likes this.
  2. Gaffles

Gaffles Member

Exactly what I did for my skiavoros.

3. JacobJ

JacobJ Active Member

Pictures? :)

4. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

For my Skiavoro I cut and dremeled the corpse out of its right hand, but the arms and tail still significantly exceed the dimensions of the base.

Edit: For fun, I dug up the old thread that I originally posted two forums ago when I was working on this model. It was one of my first Infinity purchases.
    http://infinitytheforums.com/forum/topic/6314-toadchilds-ca/?do=findComment&comment=126640

#24 toadchild, Nov 3, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
    Golem2God likes this.
  5. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

I did the same thing and even managed to cut the head away from the hand without doing much damage to the model. It looks better now in my opinion.

toadchild likes this.
  6. JacobJ

JacobJ Active Member

Great job! I bought a Skiavoro and will try the same. The model has grown on me, though it is annoying how he looks way to big for his base. I would love to reposition his legs, but we’ll see if I have the nerve.

toadchild likes this.
  7. Bohrdog

Bohrdog Santathematics

I'm sorry I keep forgetting to get you a pic.

8. daszul

daszul Well-Known Member

If you want a cat-like sphinx, you could use a Su-Jian mobility form.
    The sphinx has a higher silhouette, but it's the right base size.

Golem2God likes this.
  9. JacobJ

JacobJ Active Member

Ha, a cat would be very appropriate with the Egyptian connotations.

10. JacobJ

JacobJ Active Member

Got around to converting my Skiávoro, and I really like the result. Especially how the feet now fit inside the base. Seeing the pictures though, I may have to remove a bit more material from inside the right hand.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

AdmiralJCJF, Golem2God and toadchild like this.
  11. nehemiah

nehemiah Well-Known Member

JacobJ likes this.
  12. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

That is an amazing piece of work.

Well done.

JacobJ likes this.
  13. JacobJ

JacobJ Active Member

What a great idea, let's do that :blush:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

Wow, that actually looks really good.

15. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

What did you do to bring the legs in? Did you just bend them, or did you cut and reposition the hips?

16. JacobJ

JacobJ Active Member

I just carefully bent his left leg with my hands. A bit inwards and a bit forwards. Since it’s not a lot and because the bending happens where he has muscle fiber, it is completely invisible after.

For getting the bottom legs smooth I first clipped, then cut, then used progressively finer files, flat ones resembling sanding paper.

I also pinned one leg to the base since there wasn’t much contact surface after.

Left arm was easy enough because of how composite the drone arm is. As a bonus I can use the drone shoulder together with a drone missile launcher claw arm to make a left drone claw arm for the R drone, while using the missile launcher itself for the Overdron.

Right hand has definity the hardest part. It’s still not perfect, but I hope it’s fine as long as not viewed from below.

toadchild likes this.
  17. stevenart74

stevenart74 Well-Known Member

Excellent Conversion. . .

The newer "Gun Arm" really make the Minis feel a part of the ACTUAL style of the Combined Army, as the old "Toilet-Paper Tube Arm" was a tad too generic and old fashioned. . .

I have a friend that had painted a Skiavoro as "Rusty, Bullett-Ridden and Fluid-Leaking" (but still in the same palette of the Anathematic and Avatar) if compared to other of the army, to represent the fact that Skiavoro Frames are not so beloved by the Ur E.I. as the newer products and are "Taken Away from Mothballs" just when "Dire Needs" arise (such as the Paradiso Frontlines BEFORE Third Offensive, when some Combined Garrisons are stretched thin against the "Barbaric, Savage Hordes" of the "Misguided Primitive Humans"). . .

The results are not so good, because He is an amateurish painter (claim his old Charontid is SO UGLY to be NOT worthy of Photos) but still will be comprensible to be a wholesome "Old Styled Combined Assault Force" (replete with a LOT of the old "Matrix Squids" Drones, that He claim now are "Vintage Shaasvastii Biotech" if compared to the new "Starship Troopers Arachnids") wcth TRIED to have "Xenodrones" (Avatar, Charontid, Skiavoro, Anathematic) feel some more "Organics" and the Shas "Cheerleader + Infiltrator Snipers" some more "Biotech Viscids". . .

His inspiration were the disturbing works of H.R. Giger (more the "Hybrid Gynoids of Species" rather than the "Xenomorphs of Alien") but He is very critic of His work; actually now is building a "Big, Lumbering Speculo Male" that is milliput-sculpted from the inspiration of the "Engineers" from Prometheus. . .

Maybe whe He is finished (and CONTENT) of the results I will be able to convince Him to post something of His photos. . .!!

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation