Minotaurs Out-Of-Character Thread

Discussion in 'RPG' started by stevenart74, May 13, 2018.

1. stevenart74

stevenart74 Well-Known Member

@inane.imp . . .

Don't worry and take Your time, this specific P.B.P. is often slow-paced as We try to synergize Players and Gamemasters from ALL around the world and ALL walks of life, familial worries and job issues !!

. . . . .

The "Single Success" of Betty for the Quantronic Analysys is ENOUGH to be SURE that WHATEVER Moonriser is relaying, NOT only He believes it TRUE, but also has EVIDENT proof of it, and is not "Arachne Spam-Mail & Hearsay". . .

ALSO there is a little tidbit. . .

Tony is STILL linked with the Team Encrypted Battlenet; SURELY His Geist would have picked that the Morat has warned Lord Alistair and the V.I.P. Squad that the Motherboard of the Svengali Drone is 25% Voodootech of SHAASVAASTII Origins. . . . .!!!

This is a FURTHER proof that the menace is to be taken VERY seriously NOW (maybe with a nice "Holographic Conference" with ALL the interested Minotaurs Officers of the High Command) ; H.I.V.E.M.I.N.D. could reach ANYONE and EVEN grant an ENOUGH "Hypersecure Encrypted Quantronic Data-Infodump" OUTSIDE New Knossos Island. . .

For that LAST Option then OBVIOUSLY there are issues; sending a Message to the Stavka Central Bureaus in Matr (the FINAL responsibles of Planet Dawn "Counter Intelligence" and ONE of the "Money Backers" of the Minotaurs Mercenary) will need JUST some minutes. . .

Reaching for OTHER Planetary Systems (such as where is NOW Corregidor Mothership to warn Tony's smuggling ring contacts OR EVEN the wily General Sarmiento, STILL High Commander of the Corregidoran "Wetwork Covert-Ops", and so HIGHEST Black Hand Overseer of the Mothership; Moonriser is 9th / 10th on Sarmiento's "Comlog Speed Dial" List !!) will need a balanced Time needed to equalize "Quantronic Urgency Speed" with "Securitty Encryption Level". . .!!

. . . . .

@Beodren . . .

There are VARIOUS Minotaurs High Officer of varying "Power Level" of Contacts. . .

But High Lord Graywulf, from the point of Caledonian Law, is ALSO the "Highlander Feudal Lord" of New Knossos Island" and so HIS FORMAL WORD is enforced ON PAIN ON FINAL DEATH (even the Justicar of Caledonia could NOT stop a "Wartime Tactical Decision" of Lord Graywulf, but JUST ask for a formal review AFTER THE DECREE OUTCOME by His peers on the High Clans Assembly) !!

2. stevenart74

Work with the Videogame Computer Firm is ongoing well and will bring some "Good Artwork" (I hope !!) for the Player Characters Concepts in the meantime (even if they will be "Fantasy Reskinned" for issues of N.D.A. / Copyright / Whatevershit ecc. ecc.). . .

At the moment have some issues in R.W. (Yesterday near My City there was a CARGO Containers-whipping Twister Tornado, We are in "Red Alert" Flood Risk and have to chek My mother's I.R.S.-like Accounts) but will proceed with the "X.P. / Loot / Training Opportunities" montage for "High Officer Debriefing" as soon as possible. . .

If You have a "Halloween Gift List" of things to ask to Your Gamemasters feel free to write it down. . .!!

Golem2God likes this.
  3. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

I'll have to get back to you on that. Currently there are no questions coming to mind. Though I'm sure I'll think of something.

#583 Golem2God, Oct 30, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
    stevenart74 likes this.
  4. stevenart74

Just an Update. . .

While I'm unscathed (I live in the start of the hillsides) my hometown, Rapallo, near Portofino, in Liguria, has been THOROUGHLY devastated by the UNHEARD OF Seawaves Flood that has stricken My coastal Region, Liguria, in North-West Italy. . .

We had built one of the first "Torist Harbour" for private Yachts and small Luxury Cruisers in the 1960, but the 6 meters high seawall has been RAZED in JUST 4-6 hours (and many, Many, MANY other beachside cities and villages has been equally caught !!) and HALF of 400 boats, small, medium and larges had been SHOT projectile-like on the opposite side of the beachfront. . .

Will send later some Photos to show the issue, but You can check by selecting "Porto di Rapallo", "Santa Margherita Ligure" and "Portofino" on Youtube Videos and Image Searches of disaster actuality. . .

Luckily for Me, and My colleagues of the 2D-To-3D Graphic Project we are unscathed, but there are Millions of Euro of damages for many unlucky persons and mayoral offices. . .

Golem2God likes this.
  5. Golem2God

@stevenart74 Sounds like a freak incident. Normally the only type of weather able to do something like that on the US east coast is a Hurricane. I'm glad to hear that you are ok and I'll pray that the people affected by this can get their lives back on a normal track.

stevenart74 likes this.
  6. stevenart74

@Golem2God ; @inane.imp ; @Danger Rose ; @Beodren . . .

Well, the Coast of Liguria is wrecked, MILLIONS of Euro of damage, but I'm PERSONALLY untouched (unless some crafty Italian Politician will raise FURTHER Taxes with the excuse of "Solving Calamity Issues"). . .

It is a MIRACLE that in, the Harbour of My city, there were ZERO Casualties, but 20 Sailors ad Yacht Personnell were stranded from the demolished Seawall and had to stay HOURS exposed totally in the Rain and Stormwind, all together tied with Ship Cords to a single, lone, still-standing lamp-post, until some very daring and brave Firemen Water-Rescuers (a couple of whom I personally know !!) went to take them away, from these VERY dire straits, with a small "Riverine Patrolboat" braving the MOVING wrecks of sunken yachts and fisher boats. . .!!

. . . . .

Probably in the Weekend will have to go to the BIGGEST Gaming Convention of Italy (Lucca Games & Comics 2018, in Tuscany). . . . .IF "Zeus the Thunderer" will NOT punish again the Peninsula. . . . .to speak with Job Contacts and Graphic Work potential clients. . .!!

In the meantime feel free to decide about how evolving Your characters in the Game, with "Monty Haul" requests to the Gamemaster !!!

Danger Rose and Golem2God like this.
  7. Golem2God

I'm surprised you didn't use his Roman equivalent, Jupiter, when referring to him. But the Greek names are used more often compared to the Roman.
    Very well.
    @inane.imp @Danger Rose @Beodren Want to have a small back and forth conversation? Giving ideas & talking about how our group should proceed in upgrading?

Danger Rose and stevenart74 like this.
  8. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

I clearly missed something, upgrading?

Danger Rose and Golem2God like this.
  9. Golem2God

Ya, it is now the time when we shall increase our characters skills and effectiveness for the mission coming up. Therefore I was wondering what you thought Tony needed to acquire for this batch of level-ups.

10. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

Ah. I was probably going to patch Betty. I'd need to work out the specific mechanics but basically looking at getting her a bunch of the first level Talents (basically as many of the reroll ones as possible, rerolls are really strong on Team Work tests).

For Tony I'd be working to get another Pilot talent (Push the Envelope).

11. Golem2God

I'm tryign to figure out how to kit my geist. Uja didn't start out with one as I forgot to add the geist's stats. Any tips on a starting set for a geist?

12. Golem2God

What type of geist should Uja have? The rulebook/player's guide have six different types of geists: Basic, Chauffeur, Guardian, Military, Security or Vizier. Steve suggested a Medical Advisor Vizier would work well with Uja. What do the rest of you think?

stevenart74 likes this.
  13. stevenart74

Let's say that ANY of the Players have sufficiently customized / personalized Geists, with Options from TWO from the Basic Manual, that could help them. . .

For Uja a tweaked "Guardian + Vizier" with some serious underscore of Medical "Battlefield Triage" and "Humanoid Anathomy" knowledge will be the gist of it. . .

For Dreanna a "Chaffeur + Guardian" as the "Obnoxious Overprotective Virtual Butler" rather evolved from something designed to Help the Chimera Catgirl to Pilot a Gecko Exoframe. . .

Same for Tony, but rather "Chaffeur + Security" as NOT only Pilot Skill enhancing but Datasphere Counter-Hacking is paramount. . .

Finally for Alistair I would suggest "Vizier + Military" or even "Guardian + Military" if we want to underscore the fact that MANY of the Flaws of being a Dogwarrior (Too easy to Frenzy, Difficulty to morph QUICKLY between Humanoid and Werewolf, Mood Swings, Feral Primal-Urges) could be somehow countered with an In-Built "Injector Drug Dispenser" that will administer Pharmacopeia to go Dogwarrior, go Dogface or stay in an useful Behaviour Pattern (essentially an "Auto Pheromone Controller" evolved from Tech used to control Antipode Packs). . .

Golem2God likes this.
  14. Golem2God

I can defiantly see that. But where should I place my points & which skills should I choose to make that combination be shown in the geist's stats?

15. Golem2God

stevenart74 likes this.
  16. stevenart74

Concur with what @Golem2God is asking; maybe some of You is blocked to await the reply of the Tohaas to the angry Morat surprised they speak His Race Language (much like Klingons of Star Trek hate when Kirk or Picard or Nyota Uhura are able to address them !!). . ?

@inane.imp ; while You are quite PHISICALLY distant from Alistair Bungalow there is YET an "Open Side Window" in the Augmented Reality that Your Geist is running. . . . .and in ANY CASE soon H.I.V.E.M.I.N.D. will call a "Holo Virtual Conference Room" with ALL the High Officers of the Minotaurs (comprising Moonriser that is standing half a meter from You) to discuss the ENORMOUS implications of Svengali employing Shaasvastii Voodootech. . .!!

@Danger Rose ; the Bratya Kapitana of the Russian "Tunguska + Kazak" Vory Mobsters is working too on a "Side View Holoscreen"; You could instruct Her in the manner YOU want the Stealth Gecko to be assembled AND also "Address The Elephant In The Room" (well, TECHNICALLY speaking there is an "Angry Morat Warrior" In-The-Room, but You have the idea. . .!!!)

@Beodren ; Voodootech is NOT so much a so HIGH concern for a Native Ariadnan than for the others; as a Veteran of Paradiso You know well that EVEN the "E.I. Battle Avatars" of the Combined Army drop down AS MUCH AS Hyperpowers Tech when struck with SUFFICIENT Teseum Bullets. . . . .STILL this seems to be quite a worry for anyone (COMPRISING the two Alien Veteran "Artichokes" whose GALACTIC-Wide Civilization is battling the Evolved Intelligence from BEFORE the Birth of the Highlanders Clan in OLD EARTH !!!). . .

17. Danger Rose

Danger Rose The Wrecking Belles

Heh, I'm sorry about my lack of presence. Things have been very active in terms of family life, work and travel arraingements (sorry if I butchered the word).

I'll try to be more active.

Golem2God and stevenart74 like this.
  18. Golem2God

That is alright. I thought that was the case but I wanted to be sure in case it was something along Steve's ravaged coastline scenario.

stevenart74 likes this.
  19. stevenart74

O.K. things have been delayed enough by BOTH G.M. and Players (I fear the Gamemaster awaits the Players. . .Who await the Gamemaster. . .Who await the Players. . .and so on, in an Ouroboros-Styled "Endless Serpent Loop"). . .

As soon as some issues of Family / Work / Job let Me this weekend will write the "High Officer Command" issued orders and options. . .

This will let the Player Squad decide what kind of "Reward" and "Tactical Direction" they will like more to have to counter the meddling of the Rogue Artificial Intelligence, whose threat to Ariadnan Indipendence is far, Far, FAR more dire than previously though. . .

In the meantime ANY Player is more than welcome to address choices and ideas. . .

. . . . .

Essentially the Squad will be ALSO given the choice to "Select" from a "Mission Roster" to decide their "Operational List". . .

Known "Accomplishes" of Svengali "Teseum Smuggling Ring" are EITHER "Rogue Irmandhinos Pirates" in fringe coastal zones or distant island chains OR "Cateran Bandit Renegades" that are deeply entrenched in Mountaintops on the Caledonian Borders. . .

@Golem2God had yet expressed, quite wisely, the Idea to have the Group choose "Coherent Skillsets" to enhance and support each other during the PREFERRED Tactical Operational Style (You could "Range" between "Super-Stealth Recon Infiltrations" to "Barely Silent Frontal Mechanized Assault"). . .

All in the group could also be given the choice between slanting their "Combat Style" towards more "Maritime Ops" (either Surface Speed Boats or Stealth Mini-Submarines) or "High Flyers" (Minotaurs have Ariadnan Vtols BIG ENOUGH to carry and launch a couple of Geckos with Exoframe-Parachutes). . .

@inane.imp ; @Danger Rose even if quite "Old Tech" Parachutes used by Ariadnans to launch Traktor Muls or even deployed Blackjacks could be enhanced enough to allow "One-Time A.D. Tech" to Your Tactical Armoured Gear WITHOUT any kind of "Extra Expenditure" for Jump-Tech (the same, good "Waterproof Capsules" could be given if instead the Squad goes towards the "Naval Assault Route"). . .

Regarding this last option, USUALLY Dogwarriors have a "Holy Fear" of close spaces, such as "Navy Seals Scuba Deployement" and jumping from Flyers, but @Beodren 's Character has a HIGH Willpower AND ALSO a Customized "Comlog Biocomputer" that could easily administer Sedatives to assuage ANY Problems. . .

#599 stevenart74, Nov 10, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
    Golem2God likes this.
  20. Golem2God

@stevenart74 The quote about the serpent eating itself is spot on concerning the delayed stalemate.
    That sounds grand. Brings back memories of Mega Man/Rock Man with the Boss/Stage Selection.

stevenart74 likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation