1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Attack Odds Calculator

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by Cannon Fodder, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Cannon Fodder

Cannon Fodder Well-Known Member

On the Tarik thread there were a lot of discussions on odd of getting crits, So I did a bit of work and build an Attack Odd Calculator. It will factor in all the odds for any profile. Giving you the odds of hitting, crits, what I call 'High Hits', which are rolls above 10 that are hits. High hits also include all crits. Considering the average roll is 10.5 any hit above 10 should beat most ARO rolls. Beyond that the calculations get a bit much.

Instructions.
    1. Download file and rename to XLSX: the forums don't allow XLSX files.
    2. Open file in Excel
    3. Select your attacker: you can pick profiles with BS 11-14, X-visor and/or Fatality L2. That covered all the basics I can think of. MSV is manual later on. I left out X-visor2 because of head aches and its so rare. If someone wants to do the data entry for all the REAL profiles, please go ahead and repost this.
    4. Select weapon: I simplified the list a bit to save data entry. For example if you want Viral Rifle, select Rifle. Ammo type does not impact odds at all.
    5. Select Def mod: Here you will have to figure out if the defensive modifiers. Here is where you will have to manually figure out if MSV applies. The extra work to add Camo, To Camo, ODD, Mimistism, Suppression fire, Full auto, etc was not worth it.
    6. Select Fire Team: Solo, 3 man or 5 man.
    That's it. I think I got the odd right. it got a bit backward when the BS was over outside 1-20. But it should calculate crits correctly over 20, and blank out and shot of less than 1. Also FatalityL2 is fixed for target value of 1.

The only thing I didn't factor in was the -12 penalty cap. Its possible to select the -12 defensive modifier, and have a another negative from the range band putting you at a max of -18.

Enjoy

Attached Files:

xagroth likes this.
  2. Make PanO Great Again :P

Make PanO Great Again :P Varuna, with the deadliest reptiles in the sphere

Belgrim likes this.
  3. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Well, it doesn't have any analysis like tracking "high hits".

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation