1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Scenario] Capture the Flag

Discussion in 'Rules' started by -V-, Oct 11, 2018.

1. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

We've just update 'Scenarios' PDF file with updated writing for Capture the Flag scenario, which generated questions about how to play it.

:wink:

volgo and Flipswitch like this.
  2. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

Last version updated!

volgo likes this.
  3. Click2kill

Click2kill Well-Known Member

Still a little confused by this. In deployment, it says you can set up your characters in any deployment zone that isn't the center or the opposing Scoring zone. This means after you place your character in zone, if its not your opponent's scoring zone, your opponent can place their character adjacent to yours. As the underdog you can just do that after every deployment your opponent makes. Is this the way its supposed to be setup?

4. treiral

treiral Midnight poster

I'm not CB Staff but I believe that's the intention, yes. It makes for some brutal exchanges during the first round, like hExX3r or Valkyrie freezing half your team, and Mendoza/Kozmo burning the other half, but it's well worth it. It cuts out the 1st round where everyone move to position themselves on other typical scenarios, and allows to go faster to the thick of the game. That's it, to eliminate immediate threats, take the flag, and run.

My group had a different issue because from v1.5 to 1.6 they changed some of the rules and made it possible to appear from the bench in the central scoring zone, right next to the flag if your character died carrying it.

I have a question on my own, I gather the answer is "no" but I rather just ask anyway because nowhere says otherwise:
    Can markers (flag markers, human target, smoke) placed in the hexadome be valid Targets?

5. Roadrunner7431

Roadrunner7431 Well-Known Member

I quote from the Reference Guide:

TARGETS

Most Actions, Attacks and Tactics require you to designate a valid Target for their Effect.

• Unless otherwise stated, all Characters both Allied and Enemy and all Obstacles are valid Targets.