1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Faction do you hate the most?

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by dexterv, Sep 25, 2018.

Tags:
?

Which faction you hate the most?

1. PanOceania

13 vote(s)
    5.6%
  2. Yu Jing

7 vote(s)
    3.0%
  3. Ariadna

45 vote(s)
    19.3%
  4. Haqqislam (rlly??)

11 vote(s)
    4.7%
  5. Nomads (if you vote this, you have no soul)

25 vote(s)
    10.7%
  6. Combined army

8 vote(s)
    3.4%
  7. ALEPH (<<This, you fools)

13 vote(s)
    5.6%
  8. Tohaa

43 vote(s)
    18.5%
  9. NA2

3 vote(s)
    1.3%
  10. Ultramarines

60 vote(s)
    25.8%
  11. All but Nomads

3 vote(s)
    1.3%
  12. Others

2 vote(s)
    0.9%
  1. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Oh, those units are fine and dandy to take care of using automatic hyper-rapid ninja star shooters, it's the basic, barely armed, melee units that killed them off by rushing in and punching/clawing my Eldar to death without them Guardians being able to get a shot off. Ranged units you just run up to and just bury under a mountain of D6 :p

2. Brother Smoke

Brother Smoke Bureau Trimurti Representative

I can imagine machine learning and automation by the 2050s might be good enough that the actual maintenance of technological level by the colonists can be understood

Like the Dawn could very easily been crammed full of digitized "for dummies" books and automated teaching/medical/mechanical gizmos

TheEmptyRoad and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  3. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

It's not a matter of "guaranteed capital to keep the project going even if it turns unprofitable".

It's a matter of "We don't know how long this wormhole that just appeared 20 years ago will remain open, so this could be a one-way trip!"

That changes the worker from "guy who operates the machine" to "guy who fixes the machine when it breaks down". Hope you have a 3d printer that can spit out spare parts, and the first thing you need to do once you land (after you make sure that the air is actually breathable and there aren't any anaphylactic shock threats, of course) is to locate a local source for your different 3d printer feed stocks, then start the mines and refineries. That's before dealing with any potential species-crossing bacteria or viruses, you can run metal detectors and stuff in a space suit.

ChoTimberwolf and chromedog like this.
  4. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

When it was originally written it was over 50 years in the future.

But the point is that even now our tech development is challenging the assumptions those colony growth and tech development timelines are based on.

5. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

You are right, I'm missing the Hoverboards :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::beers:

6. Superfluid

Superfluid Welcome to Svalarheima

Any faction that frequently runs 17+ orders. I like my games to run to time.

I get the most enjoyment out of Infinity when both players start the game with between 10 to 15 Regular orders on table.

#146 Superfluid, Oct 18, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
  7. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Limited Insertion is a pretty good format at least in part because it means games are pretty snappy.

8. Xeurian

Xeurian Well-Known Member

I find my turns get longer the fewer models I have. It means I absolutely need to maximize every single order I spend. So I labour over every choice I make.

Zsolt, Section9 and Sedral like this.
  9. kinginyellow

kinginyellow Well-Known Member

I have found that analysis paralysis and not knowing your own stats are the 2 largest contributors to longer games then orders. Me and a vanilla ariadna buddy who are both decent at the game and play strictly our respective factions can on average finish a game in an hour. Both of us are sitting between 15-17 regular+irregular orders each.

I take significantly longer if I play limited insertion though because of how I am used up playing and with LI I need to focus on being efficient for every order. I take longer with half the orders because of analysis paralysis.

ChoTimberwolf, Zsolt, Barrogh and 4 others like this.
  10. Superfluid

Teach me your ways oh great one.

Zsolt likes this.
  11. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

I find that most games I play in tournaments I always finish WAY before everyone else. I really don't know why or how..... maybe I just play quickly, or perhaps others in my local area play very very slowly

12. Superfluid

I make a point of playing ten order lists at tournaments just so I can keep my mental burden low and my strategy to the point. Also keeps my fatigue in check over multiple rounds because my list is more straight forward.

13. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

I rarely ever play a list over 15 orders. It's maybe just because I have played war-games almost all my life. too bad I still suck at them haha......

I think efficiency is top of the list for me though, it's no fun sitting there watching your opponent think or do nothing for 30 minutes and take an excruciatingly long turn.

14. kinginyellow

kinginyellow Well-Known Member

Simple in theory but difficult in practice: no wait time. If either asks a question about the other's model, know the answer without having to check. Have a plan for your turn and execute it all while playing WITH your opponent.

In tourneys (justifiably) I need to verify los and ensure I don't walk into any "gotchas" until a rapport or conversation with your opponent about the atmosphere of your game is had. At the store with your buddies, there should be no gotchas outside hidden deployment. Not that they don't occur just that they are an accident and communication should occur to how to fix the mistake and the game can continue.

"If you walk to far and didnt mean to be seen by xyz", then go back him up of course. Or "Didnt know this guy had panzerfoust and not a combi" is fixed by: "want to take back that order and spend it elsewhere"?

The grace to give fixes to your opponent until dice are rolled or someone reveals a TO model.

The game is enjoyable with the risk management and order usage that giving tack-backsies to ensure speed and the part of the game we enjoy that quickly fixing a unknown error is an easy cost.

And if both you and your opponent are playing quickly, generously and with extensive memory of the stats of your entire crew, the game goes by quick.

With 17 orders we are also more easily going to go and repeat actions until they succeed. The amount of times I say "i'm doing that again" in reference to idle-shooting an enemy till he dies or I do is pretty common. This helps so that the game begins with some orders being spent doing very little mechanically. And the game goes to its end with few orders on either side so it ends close to how a LI list might.

15. Section9

Chess clock (or chess clock app on the phone, since chess clocks can be stupidly expensive) helps. It's something I need to do more.

DFW Ike and coleslaw like this.
  16. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

Honestly, 'play the same army (with minor variations) frequently' is probably the single best way to play faster.

17. Section9

True enough. I play pretty damn fast with the Samurai 7, much faster than I play with the Bousouzuku biker gang. When I was running the YJ Roulette I wasn't quite as fast as the Samurai 7. Then again, Samurai 7 is more forgiving of bad dice, since all your aggressive units but one have at least 2 wounds.

Xeurian likes this.
  18. Flipswitch

Flipswitch Sepsitorised by Intent

I voted YJ then changed my vote because I remembered that Ariadna exists.

Dragonstriker, Solar, DFW Ike and 3 others like this.
  19. Section9

If we allowing crap like that, I'd want to vote for hating Imperial SS.

20. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

I've gotten more familiar with your list names, but that's new to me :P

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation