1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Military Orders Rework?

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by Palomides, Oct 14, 2018.

1. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

Indeed, the competitive builds are using Magisters.

But I think there will be more competitive builds for MO now, which is certainly a good thing.

Elessar likes this.
  2. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

Well, a rejig of the primary "big" TAG to fix SKUs may be a good idea given CB already have a problem with a bunch of similar looking PanO things that could be done as a multipart box covering multiple profiles in how the HI are all similar, just embrace the memes. Sqaulo used to be THE TAG didn't it? Jotum is based off it in Fluff, Dragaoe and Cutter, seem to be easy to call siblings too. A single box to build 2 or 3 TAG variants saves so much space and updates some older minis, even at the cost of a fairly new one. Seraph is fine, but seems to be a Sqaulo with a tabard.

The dream (nightmare?) could be rejigged TAGs to have three PanO boxes, Sqaulo/Jotum (cos Jotum is a big heavy set of addons), the other "big TAGs" (since they're gonna be about the same bulk as Jotum heavy armour) ang the Stingray box making up to two of your chosen variant.

And what isn't currently covered is maybe a "minor" nation: Israel is still around in some source stuff, when they bother to mention the Earth. I sincerely doubt the Middle East will have had a Nanoshenangians war to ruin things like USA and Siberia. Maybe a spot of limited nuclear fireworks but somehow my money on the big fight, like real life, is Iran and Saudi. Israel is currently small potatoes to those two at a strategic level, just a bugbear, a propaganda target. It's each other, and control of the gulf (down to the name) that would be the biggest chance of war IMO. And apart from Pakistan, those are the two biggest Muslim powers today not clearly covered by PanO or YuJing expansion/formation, no?

3. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

I can see the entire Middle East collapsing completely when the oil runs out, which in Infinity terms would have been 50-100 years in the past.

krossaks, Elessar, Golem2God and 4 others like this.
  4. McNamara

McNamara Merc Rep

They probably can drive on the hummus production alone.

Elessar likes this.
  5. SmaggTheSmug

SmaggTheSmug Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind a "build your own TAG" box for Squalo-based ones... As long as they would be plastic. Jotum feels like all the metal parts will fall off at slightest provocation. Plastic is lighter and would hold on better.

Golem2God and RogueJello like this.
  6. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

The people still there will run on holy lands and ancient grudges, I bet. Assuming Saudi or a successor holds Mecca it's still going to be, well, Mecca.

Golem2God likes this.
  7. MrNailbrain

MrNailbrain Relentless Optimist

Wading into the fun discussion here ... in the States the phrase “deus vult” has the unfortunate and unsavory connotation of being associated with white nationalist groups (especially the fascist ones). There was quite a big spat in the Facebook group around the time of Wotan where non-Americans were using the phrase a lot and got banned without knowing why they were banned, because the phrase didn’t have the same nasty meaning in their country. Which I totally understand, I’ve said some very offensive things while trying to speak Spanish in Mexico vs in Spain, on complete accident. Coge el autobus means something completely different in Mexico, I’ve been told...

So moral of the story is that “deus vult” is a bit of a code word for white nationalism outside the miniature hobby sphere, so I really try not to use it despite being a huge fan of the Military Orders.

RogueJello and Nemo No Name like this.
  8. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Does americans even know what facist mean ? (except for being an insult used as widely as "idiot")

9. MrNailbrain

MrNailbrain Relentless Optimist

Yes and we can spell it properly, too :grinning:

I was trying to say neo-nazis without saying nazi, but I don’t think that word is actually censored or banned on these forums. Crusades, religious imagery, now even Norse mythology is being co-opted by those groups to try and legitimize their awful worldviews. It’s a common tactic now, trying to frame their hatred as a religious deal.

Anyways, enough with the off topic stuff. Sorry all, it’s a bit of a sore spot in America right now, as you may been seeing on the news.

Mikes, Benkei and Nemo No Name like this.
  10. Renfri

Renfri Well-Known Member

Hey, would you Pano bros lend us back DART sometimes ?

We would really like to play with her in our Steel Phalanx ... (cries in greek)

Teslarod likes this.
  11. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Just after you give back all those smoke grenades you stole from PanO ;P

BLOODGOD, Stiopa, injenegr and 7 others like this.
  12. Skoll

Skoll Well-Known Member

I mean they should have used context clues, you telling them to fuck a bus doesnt make a lot of sense.

And coger being a colloquialism for fornicating does not take away from the fact that its root word is to take.

My main experience is with silly stuff being considered a curse word. Like god forbid you say culo in most of latin america.

MrNailbrain likes this.
  13. SmaggTheSmug

SmaggTheSmug Well-Known Member

Of course Americans would hate the phrase. It's Catholic and most of them are heretics :P

Thankfully each Order has their own motto you can shout instead. And the closes one is Sepulchre's "Deus Lo Vult".

14. Renfri

Renfri Well-Known Member

What good would that do to you without anywarband to use them ? :p (shots fired)

eciu likes this.
  15. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

It would look nice on Magisters.

Stiopa, injenegr and eciu like this.
  16. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

Seems to me it's used more as a synonym for "totalitarian" or "nationalist" (specifically ethnic nationalists) as people generally seem to avoid the full complexity of political language, which ironically has contributed to politics getting a lot more complicated.

Still, the way everyone screams when the "nazis" have a new symbol or meme is getting silly. ":ok_hand:" is a "white power" symbol now, Pepe was just a cartoon frog until memelords hijacked him for lulz and casual racism, even Deus Vult was a hijacked meme of sorts, and pretty soon people are gonna tear into you for talking about NPCs if they don't stop to consider context because it's the new "normie" or SJW in the alt right lexicon. You don't win an argument on the Internet, you just both walk away giggling at how dumb you think the other person looked.

She ain't Greek. And you did try to foist Andromeda off on the poor Operations Subsection...

Not to be confused with D Lo Brown, a wrestler most known for being part of the Nation of Domination in the late 90s WWF who also had some success at TNA (notably teaming with AJ Styles), Ring of Honor, and in Japanese wrestling. :stuck_out_tongue:

17. tokumei

tokumei Well-Known Member

Nope considering the left have taken to calling anyone with a few converative views as Nazis/facists (and have used this as an excuse to commit assault). For example if someone was to state "I believe western countries (in this cause America ) have a right to control their borders but people are welcome to enter the country through proper channels", there is a good chance a noodle armed sioboy will come up to claim this is racist/facist.

It's honestly hilarious the left has become completely and utterly unhinged ever since Trump got elected it's the gift that keeps on giving.

#257 tokumei, Oct 18, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
  18. tokumei

tokumei Well-Known Member

Or you could consider that phrase is used because the MO is scifi manga knights and not get so worried about it.

19. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

Whoever doesn't get that Neocatolicism is nothing like modern Catholicism already fails the entry level to have this discussion.
    Politicians have always abused the masses' belief to further their agenda for "god an country".
    A social media relevant, Maya integrated church providing social benefits and other perks, like ressurection, is deeply integrated and inseparable from society.
    As Catholic only on paper, I do not give a shit about two millenia old collections of outdated guidelines or the idocy if believing in invisible and impossible to proof higher powers. And at their cor any sort of organized religion is long beyond being about believe and more about a corporate structure.
    Similar to any other company a church is a self serving entity intent on growing and expanding. They're history's first globe spanning megacorps. Through several hundred years of social indoctrination, we're all told "this is something special", but it's inner workings are basically the same as any big company like Apple.
    To say someting positive about any kind of organized religion, none of them went public and started selling shares yet. So technically they at least can boast about a long line of integrity.
    Imagine several churches going public on the stock market and Google buying the entire thing, combining it into one vast conglomerate. That's what the Neo Vatican looks like.

TL:DR stop yelling "MO should be NA2", Jesus effing Christ.

#259 Teslarod, Oct 18, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
  20. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Well church tax should die in cannon fire.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation