1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Happy Thread : Liu xing!

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by ObviousGray, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Kallas

Kallas Vincible

2W+BioImm is better than 1W+NWI+BioImm. There's no real reason a HI can't have BioImm, after all.

2. 0rph3u5

0rph3u5 TAG, you're it! :3

Only difference I can think of is that with 2W + Bioimm, you still have an unconscious state. Thing is, I don't think I would ever spend the orders to have a doctor or paramedic run all the way across the table to doctor/paramedic up a unit who I've probably dropped in my enemy's deployment zone. It also denies the enemy a coup de grace.

Stiopa, AdmiralJCJF and krossaks like this.
  3. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

Cmon, Liu Xing's acceptable level, yet bitter.

Zhencha... well, we'll find out :/

Joametz, Aldo and krossaks like this.
  4. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Too many unknowns on the Liu Xing to accept it yet. If CB were smart they would've detailed how Explode LevelX works exactly when they spoiled the Liu Xing, without it we can't determine whether or not it's worth getting excited about.

So you're basically saying trust CB that they didn't screw us over. No YJ player with any shred of critical analysis is going to trust CB not to screw them after how 2018 has gone down. Trust is earned, and it's harder to do so when you break it in the first place.

5. krossaks

krossaks Well-Known Member

You can blame the zencha for being a pseudo HI but the Liu Xi is in all aspects less one (falling nulle insted of dead) a HI. And being inmune to viral/breaker can be really helpfull against some armies.

6. Nathonicus

Nathonicus Well-Known Member

Dude, this thing is going to be rad. Sometimes it won't work, but the games when you drop in behind a dug-in enemy, kill them with your landing,and then wreck havoc in the backfield are going to be epic.

Mruczyslaw likes this.
  7. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Those will be the games where you play people new enough to let you get away with that, sure. Van Zant can also do some ridiculous things when coming from behind, but competent players don't let him do that. The rest of the package needs to be viable. If Explode is easy to dodge and your opponent shuts down the Shooting Fart with all of a flash pulse bot protecting his rear, it's not going to be a particularly good or reliable piece.

8. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Sometimes, sometimes not. It's better if you use them for suicide missions in the opponent's DZ, it's worse if you use them to clear mid-field skirmishers where your Yaozao has a chance of reaching them.

Yeah... Zhencha... saving on points by going FD2 instead would've made so many more happy faces, tbh.
    There isn't, but from what I can tell, that's also an ever so slightly more expensive setup, so specifically for the Liu Xing there is another reason to keep them ultra light.

Kallas and Aldo like this.
  9. banthafodder

banthafodder Well-Known Member

Breaker, oddly enough, is a Standard Munition type, not Biomunitions.

That said, I believe Bioimmunity shuts down Breaker+Shock shenanigans.

10. Mahtamori

I seem to recall a really damned odd and really awkward ruling on that stating it effectively becomes N(BTS)+N(ARM) so regardless if you pick to roll ARM or BTS for both you still end up rolling two saves. I remember hating it.

11. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Exactly.

I was expecting something along the lines of a Shang Ji (or better) with wings, because the Tiger was also part of the IA.

Instead, we get a Tiger statline with an extra half-wound that is hackable, and explode-on-landing (which is really just the retro-rockets firing). And we lost the Tigers.

We will see. Caskuda were pretty gross, too, but you only got bugstomped about twice before you figured out how to deploy to cover possible landing points.

Kallas and Aldo like this.
  12. Death

Death Well-Known Member

Seriously guys, 2 full wounds wouldn't make much of a difference with the Liu Xing except making it more expensive. Honestly, I think I'd rather drop explode for a cheaper Liu Xing but the skill is there to help differentiate it from the Tiger.

The Zhencha main problem is its too expensive for being vulnerable to shock. Though Naga's are similar, IA seems to be a more expensive army than SAA so the high point costs matters more.

13. Mahtamori

Mostly agreed. I'd have taken something along the lines of Hac Tao expensive, personally instead of the Liu Xing, but that would've meant that IA had to have had a support structure for fueling it orders. I'm a tiny bit worried about the Hac Tao and Guijia atm, due to low Zhanshi count and currently no indication of a Kuang Shi equivalent.

On the other hand, as I've stated before, when it comes to drop troops I'm hard to convince to begin with.

Kallas likes this.
  14. Joametz

Joametz Chinese Empire in Space enthusiast

We have bots galore, I don’t really see an issue with that.

15. Kallas

Kallas Vincible

I think running 2 Chaiyi and 1-3 other REMs is going to be very important for a decent IA list. Unless the Haidao and/or Daoying bring something very different to the table (probably the Daoying, if anything will).

16. Section9

So, a 'Decent IA list' is going to be 5-7 troops plus bots?

That is NOT 'the all power armor sectorial'. :rage:

Zewrath, Aldo and Kallas like this.
  17. Mahtamori

My experience with REM-heavy lists is that it requires cooperation by the table setup or the opponent, not to mention being quite reliant on going first. REMs take up a lot of real estate and can't go prone so once you get more than a couple it starts being hard to keep them alive long enough to actually use their orders.

18. Kallas

Kallas Vincible

Agreed - my statement was what I believe competitive IA lists will become.

19. Section9

Yeah, that's the problem.

We were expecting something to be Oniwaban to the Tiger's Ninja, or Daofei to the Guilang. Yes, 50-60 points, probably.

Instead we got a slightly-different Tiger.

Yes.

Making the Zhencha Shock Immune would fix almost all my complaints about it. The only complaint it wouldn't fix is 'where the hell is the Tactical Section of the Invincible Army (aka Daofei)?!?'

Because in case you've forgotten, THIS has been the unit fluff since the start of the game:
    We were all expecting that the Zhencha would be Guilang but wearing Zuyong suits.

AdmiralJCJF, Aldo and Kallas like this.
  20. Death

Death Well-Known Member

To be fair, you can't expect baseless speculation to be accurate. And how viable would a 50-60 point drop trooper in an expensive HI faction really be? Man, it had better have 3 wounds at that point.

Overall, having a questionable skirmisher isn't the end of the world for an elite sectorial. Looks at the locust for NCA which is similarly cost but only 1 wound and no camo state.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation