1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Invincible Army post mortem

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Triumph, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

*shrug* it's the same AVAs as for ISS and if the Lu Duan didn't shine there, it won't here either, the pain of the Lu Duan is that it's just a solid option that's not as solid as the Rui Shi. To be perfectly honest, the huge S4 base doesn't help it and as a concept it'd probably be better served as S3, but neither here nor there.

Let's see where Panggolins and Son-Bae ends up linking to as well.

2. Yasashii Fuyu

Yasashii Fuyu Well-Known Member

Killed during the Uprising, at least until Yu Jing gets its pride restored with cool units and sectorials....sadly.

fenren, Kallas, Section9 and 2 others like this.
  3. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Well I mean that Uprising thing didn't help the mood at all.

fenren, Kallas, Section9 and 4 others like this.
  4. Triumph

Yeah there's accurate smoke available in ISS though. I think it's going to be a case of you're wondering what to spend your last 20 something points on, you feel like something shooty. In ISS and Vanilla it's a Rui Shi hands down, why wouldn't you. If there's not smoke in IA though, the Lu Duan becomes a more entertaining option than before.

5. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

I'm also bit surprised. My last tournament (PanO obviously) lists had 3shock options in total (Joan + Black Friar, and Hospitaller Doctor ).

Ok there was also Shock CCW on Montesa, but that is already gone.

It's also funny on remark on KHD, as there are multiple units which we do not know anything about, and they can as well be a good KHD hackers, but apparently OP knows more than us.

RogueJello, barakiel and CabalTrainee like this.
  6. Disko King

Disko King Well-Known Member

7. Sedral

Sedral Jīnshān Task Force Officier

That's beside the point. The profiles are good, but it's just not what we wanted. Everyone was excited at the idea of playing with a list full of 2W troops, and even though we were slightly concerned by how the order issue would be handled they actually managed to give us hope with all those tease about NCO, Lt L2 and the more recent tactical sense.

All that to end with pseudo-HIs...

Kallas likes this.
  8. Triumph

Yes they would. If I could have a cheap defensive Zhanshi link, and I'm playing that with non linking attack pieces like the Hac Tao with a bunch of Zencha in the midfield, I have all the incentives to keep the link as cheap as possible while I spend my points on my shell game pieces.

[​IMG] Yu Jing
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]5
    [​IMG] ZHANSHI Missile Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 16)
    [​IMG] ZHANSHI (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
    [​IMG] ZHANSHI Lieutenant Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 11)

3 SWC | 67 Points

67 pts to make an annoying ARO presence, 70 if you want an MSR instead of a ML.

From my perspective it's just like playing my Vanilla lists with my rambo solos like the Hac Tao, except I have legitimate ARO threats instead of spamming the table with warbands to protect myself.

#28 Triumph, Oct 16, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
  9. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

How can you have a postmortem when we haven't even seen the new profiles? My goodness

10. Triumph

You use this magic thing called the edit button to update the thread as more profiles release, until they are all released. Difficult concept, I know. But we have the technology!

theradrussian, Ariwch and Robock like this.
  11. Mahtamori

We still don't know where the Son-Bae will end up linkable to (though a safe bet is Zuyong). However, I'm looking at that and I'm wondering what you're going to do with the remaining 1 SWC after you get that Hac Tao or Guijia - make that 0,5 SWC because both would like a Hacker. So far this sectorial looks like it's going to be SWC hungry like none before it and to spend half of it on the few order monkeys we get seems counter productive.

That, and I'm sort of thinking that 2 or 3 Husong will provide a at least equal ARO presence, provided the board allows you to set up so they don't have to take shots above 32".

12. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

I think he's more referring to a post-mortem being, as the name suggests, something you do after the subject has died. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

13. Triumph

If I'm playing a camo spam shenanigans it'll look something like this:

(The Pheasants are Zencha SMGs)

[​IMG] Yu Jing
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10
    [​IMG] ZHANSHI Lieutenant Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 11)
    [​IMG] HAC TAO (Executive Order) HMG, Nanopulser / Pistol, DA CCW. (2 | 69)
    [​IMG] PHEASANT IMPERIAL AGENT (Chain of Command, X Visor) Combi Rifle + E/Mitter, Stun Grenades / Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (0 | 34)
    [​IMG] PHEASANT IMPERIAL AGENT (Chain of Command, X Visor) Combi Rifle + E/Mitter, Stun Grenades / Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (0 | 34)
    [​IMG] CHAĪYÌ Yaókòng Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]3 [​IMG]1
    [​IMG] PANGGULING Hacker (EVO Hacking Device) Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 25)
    [​IMG] YÁOZĂO Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    [​IMG] CHAĪYÌ Yaókòng Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    [​IMG] MECH-ENGINEER Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 15)
    [​IMG] WARCOR (Aerocam) Flash Pulse / Stun Pistol, Knife. (0 | 3)

5.5 SWC | 300 Points

Switch the Engineer for a doctor or whatever as you see fit. The Hac Tao and Zencha do their thing, you can flood the mid field with mines, press buttons, and other annoying crap while your opponent is getting bogged down by B2 fireteams and Flash Pulse bots, should buy the Hac Tao the room he needs to move around and mow things down. If your opponent pushes into the mid field the Zencha are legitimate threats at close range with DEPs and SMGs as well.

They have some hard counters, like TO snipers, or MSV shooting through smoke that they can't deal with. They also don't really scare some of the bigger things like TAGs bunkered down in cover. The Link team is about the same cost but SSL2 is a thing against certain set ups, and MLs are just plain scary for alot of models.

Having template weapons on the table also restricts your opponent's movement and deployment just in general because of bunching/impetuous issues. The MLs also bring anti material to the table for missions like Armoury and Grid.

You also get 5 orders out of this instead of 3, and can fill out your LT slot while you're at it if you want.

Not to say TR bots are bad, just there's alot of things they don't do that link teams do.

14. Triumph

Which, the thread will be, in a few months time once all the relevant information is out. It's easier to do it this way bit by bit as we get the info instead of doing it all at once.

15. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

I don't like the new profiles, but I'm not really ready to go full salt over an entire sectorial, when we know so little. Saying "post mortem" seems a bit ridiculous. :S

Deltervees and barakiel like this.
  16. theGricks

theGricks Well-Known Member

Wow...the salt is real, I thought this army looked really cool and unique. I love the new drop troop. They hit the ground and explode everyone around them, that's awesome. Just land him on the Hacker and whats the hacker going to do? Hack you and die?

17. Mahtamori

Hmm, playing Frostbyte in tournament on Saturday... Hope there's DA/EXP CCW to be had in here somewhere. The D-Charges are a bit iffy with their -3 in CC mode and the fact that you're not allowed to plant them on stationary ITS10 objective targets is a bit troublesome.

Well, you know, not all sectorials need the same at the core. Which is why I'm hoping for Zhanshi supports to be linkable to Zhanshi regulars since that'll give the option of a bog standard link team at 5 (Cores of 4 are the worst ever, I had hoped CB learned after HB Ghulams and MO Fusies), where a Doctor would be able to fill the team up, be able to get movement efficiency from the team, but with the regular Zhanshis having low enough AVA to make each choice of gear be a bit more meaningful.
    That, and there's quite a few objectives that either require on Doctor/Engineer or promote their use and an Alguaciles-equivalent isn't going to accomplish jack shit on their own unless you can sweep the road ahead of them.

TR REMS really, really, need to avoid 33+" ranges in order to be free of hard-counters like Armand, and that means positioning them to slice up the table instead of trying to keep the enemy in the DZ. I'm not a great believer in that kind of ARO regardless, so I mostly end up on the receiving end but it usually works out fine since those kinds of fireteams tends to become passive and spread out over several floors in buildings such that when you do solve the Sniper/Missile problem the Fireteam finds itself locked in.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  18. Mahtamori

With a guesstimate of being DAM 13 Shock - 37% chance to IMM-1 the Liu Xing vs 60% of dying isn't a bad choice for a <WIP 14, PH10, ARM 1> since Dodging only reduces the risk of dying to 39% (assuming you get -3 from "no LOF"). If targeting a model in a Fireteam, the dynamics changes drastically since you have to consider the actions of secondary targets, but if the Liu Xing lands where another team member has LOF (after Warning twists and all that jazz), then getting kicked from the team to make an IMM-1 could either be much better or much worse.

19. Triumph

Smashing the heaters is a trap. Focus on the buttons and you won't even need to bother with smashing heaters to deny your opponent.

theradrussian and Hecaton like this.
  20. Mahtamori

I like having all options open and wiping my opponent out by denying heat is a very neat trick that has worked for me before. Somehow I am very good at forcing low objective interaction games where neither me nor my opponent can interact with the buttons so I like having a brute force solution like that available.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation