1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Invincible Army Video

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Nemo No Name, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

But that's not what I asked.

Why compare to the out-of-faction Crusader when the Tiger is so similar, but compares favourably to the Crusader?

2. rooki1

rooki1 Korean Baccara Bot
    Warcor

From the long gone notorious Invincible's fluff: "In the Chang Sheng Chun, or the Invincible Army, lies the military force of Yu Jing: the power to deploy in combat numerous heavily armoured infantry troops."

And the word literally means "No enemy army."

RecklessPrudence likes this.
  3. Mahtamori

Alright, I get it and you're right, that makes basically no sense

RecklessPrudence likes this.
  4. Aldo

Aldo Spare 15

Ah, distraction tactics.

Like naming your submarine "totally nothing here" or your battleship "friendlie's here".

5. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

The Tiger is more vulnerable to templates, deployables and such. Better mid range gunfighter but less good when assaulting a DZ protected by disposable template troops. And there's a lot to be said for the whole purpose of AD being that your opponents often just don't have LoS to shoot back. Obviously in Sectoral the comparison is not relevant.

6. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Then you pay 7 pts for 2nd wound, immunity to shock/viral etc. and option to not only deploy in LoF of single cheerleader but also have a decent chance of killing him in a process (especially good if this is obvious Lt hidden on the rooftop/deep DZ).

Liu Xing seems really like a strong unit to punish all those factions with obvious/soft Lt (like in MO ;P).

Warhydra likes this.
  7. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

Ahahahaha I said right after Gencon that I didn't think the zhencha would be straight 2-Wound HI, and got shouted down. "Of course he's HI, that's not even worth debating."

Guess what :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Flipswitch, ambisinister and Aldo like this.
  8. devil.advocates

devil.advocates Well-Known Member

Hoho, NWI never get used i see? Talking about Nagas and Dasyus....

And comparing it with vanishing toilet paper like spektr and vanishing toilet paper that got wet by piss like Crock men? Seriously?

Also, never get enought with people that always underestimate climbing plus....

zapp likes this.
  9. Mahtamori

Hey, you're the first to mention it, so... I don't know who you can never get enough of.

10. Sedral

Sedral Jīnshān Task Force Officier

To be fair, adding ariadnese-style subpar HIs to the HI faction is nothing short of a really bad joke. I can still hardly believe it, and it straight up killed any hype i had for those new units.

The only way they found to make the HI sectorial competitive is to not give them proper HI.

Unbelievable, just unbelievable...

11. Ten Thousand Arrows

Ten Thousand Arrows Imperial Sage

Let's not be completely disingenuous, YJ has a lot of genuine grievances from Uprising. I too would have liked 2W HI and Tigers and Daofei...but I'm fairly excited that we're getting a second tutorial to try out. Effectively calling every YJ forum user a crybaby just puts people off participating.

Kallas, Zewrath and ObviousGray like this.
  12. Aldo

Aldo Spare 15

I think he means that nobody is undervaluing Climbing Plus, so he never gets any, much less enough of it.

But I do think that situational skill is extremely overrated.

13. devil.advocates

I doubt you even believe anything, you're YuJing player after all.

14. Yasashii Fuyu

Yasashii Fuyu Well-Known Member

Not sure if I should find this funny, ignore it, or report it....so I guess I made this post instead.

Shame on you! :-P

15. fatherboxx

fatherboxx Mission control, I'm coming home.

Any TO infiltrator is automatically a good active turn gunfighter in 0-16 range and really good in suppresion against non-msv troops. Not to mention attacking from a surprising angle.
    Camo SMG is good but on dirt cheap units like streloks to create supression roadblocks, not this one.

16. devil.advocates

Less shamefull than typical behavior of YuJing forum in the eye of the rest of population at least.

17. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

Kinda self-defense, but I was here since HS/3 and it wasn't a positive place for something. I felt Uprising striking me in the bones, which I literally left the game scene for a while - and wonders in Kurage rekindled my gaming zeal. I know you cant simply sweep everyone into one category, but the atmosphere of this lingering negativeness of forum does give some irritating feelings.

18. Shiwen

Shiwen Commissar, Yu Jing Political Work Department

I don't know if I'd call the revealed units useless or even bad, but they definitely strike me as odd ones to choose for a preview video... the Liu Xing is the AD troop for a Sectorial that doesn't have the very-good Tiger. The Zhencha is the camo infiltrator for a Sectorial that doesnt have either the heavy-hitter Daofei or the light Guilang. Right now, we don't know how these guys play, don't know how they come together with the other Invincible units, so our only context is vanilla where they're directly competing with existing good profiles. If you want to build some hype here, I'd have given that its fun to reveal the EXPLOSIVE ENTRANCE troop but the second should have been something with some of the new 'rules tech' like LT2/NCO/Tactical Sense, to feed into people's dreams of IA lists and drive hyped speculation about how useful those extra orders will be.

Now, to speculate on things we dont know anything at all about, the Hulang... I can't make out the characters, but could that be 胡狼? Jackal/'restless wolf'? Can we glean anything at all from that choice of name?

19. Yasashii Fuyu

You either don't know when a joke is going too far, or you deliberately try to pour oil into the fire here to turn this discussion into a shit show....either way, stop it, you are no better than what you claim us to be.

Kallas, BenMoss and Ariwch like this.
  20. Yasashii Fuyu

Couldn't agree more....literally any other choice would most likely have been more interesting....unless they are not....then people are going to be even more dissappointed :-P

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation