1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weapons you want in game

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by Mahtamori, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Yeah, the lingering AOE is a bit annoying to work out in game play. Be easier if all cloud effects lingered, at least until end of round (defined as the end of the other player's turn).

That wouldn't be a bad list for having Stun Pistols and/or Riot Grenades.

Yeah, you can hear someone rack a pistol about a block away where I live!

Yeah, would definitely need some mission support.

But Riot Grenades and other stun weapons would be great for use with expanded civilian rules (like the Crowd Templates I came up with). Lets you actually drop templates on civilians without severe repercussions.

2. R-z

R-z Active Member

a rapid fire grenade launcher designed to be wielded by TAGs or dogfaces

3. Cothel

Cothel Well-Known Member

I miss Swarm Grenades... :(

Abrilete likes this.
  4. regelridderen

regelridderen Dismember

Personally, I’m rooting for less weapons, not more.

We really do not need a ‘Red Fury’, when we already have a ‘Spitfire’, that could just be given AP ammo - I know, it would make it 5% more efficient, but that’s preferable to added complication :)

WiT?, Balewolf and Superfluid like this.
  5. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

You mean Shock ammo?

I agree and I disagree. I agree that we don't need more minor variations, but I disagree that there aren't a whole slew of potential for new and actually different weapons. Or ammo variations for existing grenades :tongueout:
    Would a Spitfire with Multi ammo be a Multi Spitfire or a Multifire?

Abrilete likes this.
  6. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

I disagree. More weapons mean more opportunities to balance factions and units.

@Mahtamori - Multi Spitfire, probably. But I like the Multifire better :grinning:

Belgrim likes this.
  7. TaHu

TaHu Well-Known Member

Riot shield. Cover in front arc and cover for models behind it. Stun in CC?

meikyoushisui likes this.
  8. regelridderen

regelridderen Dismember

I don’t say, that we shouldn’t have complexity, but there is little need for two separate mid-range B4 weapon entries, when you already have a plethora of ammo types, to separate one spitfire wielder from another (not to mention other combinations of skills and Armour).

9. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

Take a look at the Unknown Ranger... they just gave the guy more ARM.
    The closer thing we had to your proposal was Nanoscreen, and they simplified that, I don't think we'll see something like a Riot Shield in the rules.

10. TaHu

TaHu Well-Known Member

Forgot about ranger, my fault. But nanoscreen is only available to EI and Tohaa

Abrilete likes this.
  11. Red Harvest

Red Harvest Day in, Day out. Day in, Day out. Day in, DAY OUT

12. Superfluid

Superfluid Welcome to Svalarheima

Energy shield like Reinhardt from overwatch :o

13. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

Doesn't stop us from suggesting a game mechanics regardless of what they did work particular minis/units.

14. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

I'd like to see the Slaughterfaust from Strafe implemented for Morats.

"The Slaughterfaust is an upgraded shotgun that significantly changes what it can do. The slaughterfaust lobs three grenades that explode violently if they hit an enemy, but otherwise will bounce around erratically on a three second fuse before detonating. No other primary weapon packs so much explosive power. While the grenades will make chunks out of monsters, they'll also blow chunks out of you if you mistreat them. With this gun, you'll start giving your enemies some space, and you'll need to concentrate on where you're positioned relative to crowds if you want to survive.​

In spite of being the most formidable and hilarious primary weapon, it's also quite impractical simply because it's so dangerous. It's hard to land the inaccurate, arcing grenades on small, fast moving baddies and every missed shot can be disastrous. You'll have enough explosive power to ensure that any armoured soldier that tries to rush at you will arrive in bitesize chunks, but those explosions also mean that if a crowd of gluttons ambush you, you'll have a choice between blowing off your nose to spite them or being helplessly cut to ribbons.​

For these obvious reasons it would be the act of a wimp and an oaf to turn down the opportunity to use this gun."​

T. Rex Pushups and Belgrim like this.
  15. R-z

R-z Active Member

that gun for the dogfaces

Hell any anti tank gun for the dogfaces

16. krossaks

krossaks Well-Known Member

Mmm that will make morats remember ( more) to brute from halo series.

Stiopa likes this.
  17. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Which would be great. Sogarats should be basically Brutes with more firepower.

18. krossaks

krossaks Well-Known Member

Then, if we want Brute Morat i want a CC Ip with a gigantic Ap Exp hammer.

19. leigen_zero

leigen_zero Morat Pacifist

Crazyness because it doesn't exist in-game yet (and for good reason probably)
    Name | Range (inches) | DAM | B | Ammo | Traits
    The Hula Hoop | -- -- -- -- | 13 |1 | N | Direct Template (Circular), Intuitive Attack

Basically it's a chain rifle that lays down a circle instead of a teardrop. Can probably get a lot more creative with it to be honest, but it would be interesting to see how the mechanics of something like this would actually work

Belgrim and DruidNei like this.
  20. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

Well, we already have rule basis here.

"Circular Direct Template: Place the center of the Circular Template (Blast Focus) over the center of the attacker's base. All troopers affected by the Template suffer the Attack."
    and
    "Even in contact with the Template, troopers declaring an Attack with a Direct Template weapon are not affected by it, unless the description of such weapon states the contrary."

Reminds me of Typhoon from Deus Ex: Human Revolution, or whatever that thing is called. Or pretty much any "nova" type spell ever. But this is Infinity board, so I'm making a Sci-fi reference :yum:

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation