1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

thoughts on Play by intent

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by Death, Dec 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Musterkrux

Musterkrux Well-Known Member

Don't you mean "FUGGIN PREACH IT, YOU SON OF A BITCH!"?

2. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

as much as getting to 50 pages is an admirable goal, you guys are all trying a little too hard to get there.

@psychoticstorm I think you've said all you can on this topic. It sounds like we can all wait with baited breath on any sort of clarification.

3. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

If the rules intended this to be the case, why we have not clearly wrote it in the rules? why we do not allow LoF to be drawn before declaring a short skill?

Wolf and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  4. Wolf

Wolf https://youtube.com/@StudioWatchwolf

For the record, Wolf is going to be in agreement with whatever PsychoticStorm and IJW say, and whether or not they agree with Wolf, ok? :smile:

5. daboarder

daboarder Force One Commander
    Warcor

Because LOF is open info and you've been wrong about the whole thing?

Because the idea that a 3rd miniature wargame doesnt let you look at the table and adjust/ensure that your moving model moves into the exact position that you as the controlling player want it is so utterly ridiculous that I dont know how you got there because even the "intent" video in this thread doesnt support that interpretation of the rules.

6. Wolf

Wolf https://youtube.com/@StudioWatchwolf

Depend upon it, Todd. The first round's on me. :grin:

Now, about that last totally puerile comment... :wink:

7. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

No one is dismissing the etiquette box, they are reading in context and following what it says, and providing the information at the point indicated by the box. The box asks the LoF be shared at the time an order is being considered. From that point until either the Short Skill or Entire Order Skill is completed, there is nothing to share, and it’s no possible to be open and honest with something that is nonexistent.

Stiopa likes this.
  8. A Mão Esquerda

You *can* put it in the exact position you want, by putting it on the table. If your goal is for it to precisely have LoF to one model, but not the other or a third, then line it up the best you can and see if you did it. If yes, bully for you. If not, them’s the breaks. It’s not a flaw in the game if you don’t nor is it incumbent on your opponent to make sure you accomplish what you set out to do.

9. daboarder

Warcor

Woo lets all place minis randomly on the table with no skill no predetermination and no control.

Ebon Hand, Hecaton and Whaleofforum like this.
  10. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

daboarder, you're either using pure reductio ad absurdum here, or there's some kind of logical path from "line it up the best you can" we're talking about, to "randomly with no skill no predetermination and no control" you've just mentioned. Please explain your line of reasoning or refrain from using such arguments.

Dragonstriker likes this.
  11. daboarder

Warcor

Ok calmy down and taking the absurdity out.

How do you really think the game works if you 1)cant look and 2) cant adjust at all once you place your mini?

So you place your mini and its not quite where you want when it touches the table but nope SOL your opponent can now aro you...

Ebon Hand likes this.
  12. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

Can you please explain the circumstances by which @daboarder may place the model in a position he did not believe achieved what he set out to achieve with LOF?

Ebon Hand and Whaleofforum like this.
  13. daboarder

Warcor

Nah you know what sod this.

Ill play with plebian marduck infinity australia and wgc infiniry players.
    You guys wanna play this way and im walking away from the table. Honestly its stupidity in extreme to argue you cant look at the positions of anything during placement of a model. So no i wont play you doing this and i still know of no TOs that would rule this absurdity. The idea that you cannot determine exactly where to place your model has no basis in the rules what so ever

14. Dropkill

Dropkill Member

so quick question, at Interplaneterio I'm pretty sure all the players played with 'intent' who can see here and who can't. There was official TO's and CB staff there and no one said anything. Why is the Forum Moderator getting so angry at everyone about it? Also why did he say you cant draw LOF before doing a short skill when LOF is always open information? Maybe CB should make a How to play Video in house and clear up the rules for us?

15. daboarder

Warcor

they did, and got half the rules wrong lol

Zewrath and Whaleofforum like this.
  16. david_lee

david_lee Well-Known Member

Okay, but I am going to place my model where I think is exactly the right point every time, if my opponent disagrees, there will be an argument that can't be solved unless there is a TO to call over, but I don't think I'm ever going to place my model in a position where I'm going to be taking more aro's than I'm intending to take

17. A Mão Esquerda

If he eyeballed/estimated/etc a position, for example catching one troop but not another, and when time came for AROs he was wrong, that would be such a circumstance.

FatherKnowsBest likes this.
  18. daboarder

Warcor

thats the point Mao, Storm is saying you aren't allowed to do even that when placing the sillie/model.

Thats how utterly ridiculous this is

19. A Mão Esquerda

And if you’re wrong? You place a model where you think only one opposing model has LoF but another does when checked, since your best effort wasn’t good enough. You’ll take more AROs than you intended.

FatherKnowsBest and Stiopa like this.
  20. A Mão Esquerda

And his post 937 on the page prior to this? De verdade, meu filho?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation