1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vido Gams!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic English' started by maru, Dec 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Pierzasty

Pierzasty Null-Space Entity

After pretty much kicking 90% of their normal staff into the street, I can't see the company continuing. Any goodwill they have took/will take a massive hit, same with the chances of hiring any good talent, and the people they've so unceremoniously dumped are gonna claw the severance pay and other debts from them by any means necessary, if they haven't started suing already. Telltale is technically alive in the sense of a wounded animal dumped into a pool with starving piranhas.

#321 Pierzasty, Oct 4, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
  2. sonicReducer

sonicReducer Well-Known Member

I finished Soma last night. Pretty good. The story didn't really grab me though, as much as I see people gushing about it.

Environments were excellent. I loved the design and concepts of the monsters, but actually playing the monster sections were super frustrating.

Just started Divinity: Original Sin 2, bit overwhelming at the start with classes / builds / etc. Trying to decide to play 4 physical or split phys and magic

Also need a new shooter after getting bored with BF1. Might try Titanfall / Titanfall 2 again despite the low player counts. I have BF4 but I don't like the maps as much as I did in BF1 even though I prefer the gunplay.

3. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

I'm a huge horror game fan but have held off on this one. I'm not super crazy on walking simulators. is it just a haunted house ride more or less? or is there an actual game?

4. MikeTheScrivener

Nah. I think they're done. they said the skeleton crew they had currently was to finish Minecraft story mode and then they'd disband.

5. sonicReducer

@MikeTheScrivener I wouldn't class it as a horror game (like e.g. Alien: Isolation) - it's more a sci-fi narrative game with horror elements. The main thing is the story, with occasional puzzles and monster sections

I would recommend it though, it goes on sale pretty often

6. maru

maru Well-Known Member

lol Grab a Shadow Warrior 2 on GoG for free

Bout soma it is not to scary horror game it is rather good story about consequences of manipulating a personality and ye "monster parts: was rather dull but over all theme was System shokish

Edit :
    So i decide to check what shooters are there on Gog :
    Return to castle Wolfenstein from 2002 - this is Dark souls shooter before any one think of Dork souls it should be called "Return to castle Wolfenstein - preppere to Die a lot edicion " ;)
    Different Dooms 3 and Quake 4 th
    FEAR platinum - this game is good even today
    STALKER - thous games are awkward and amazing at same time ..
    METRO games - good Very good benchmarks and quite good shoters :)
    Alien Vs Predator Classic - yup this is lgit not what thay made after ..
    Dead Space .. not a FPP but TPP horror shooter game - first one is GOOOOOOD ... do not ask about third . .it is like with Alien trylogy ....

#326 maru, Oct 4, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
    xagroth likes this.
  7. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

So noone is addressing this ?

Shoitaan and Stiopa like this.
  8. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Will be played, as soon as I'll be finally back to TWW2

For now I finally managed to finish Borderlands 2 main storyline and I'm working my way through the DLC. Then I'll finish and maybe come back in a year or two for a new game+

And I need to finally finish Witcher's Blood and Wine and Homeworld Deserts of Kharak...

xagroth likes this.
  9. Pierzasty

Pierzasty Null-Space Entity

go to page
    click "get for free"
    move to new & cluttered game page
    clock "go to giveaway"
    end up on home page
    click the exact fucking same "get for free button"
    for some reason it acts differently than the first time and gives me the game

I can't remember when was the last time I saw a change in design that was a net gain. Must've been at least 5 years ago, if not a decade. Layered UX design* is starting to look more and more appealing.

* (a layer of designers, a layer of dirt, a layer of designers, a layer of dirt...)

10. sonicReducer

Is TW:WH2 any good? Is the first one worth picking up?

11. Stiopa

Yes and Yes. Having both allows you to play on a joint map with any of the released races. TWW3 will probably expand the map further to include Ogre Kingdoms, maybe north for some Demon and Chaos Dwarf fun, etc.

Shoitaan and sonicReducer like this.
  12. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

FTFY

13. Stiopa

No self respecting Dawi would sprout fangs, dress in something so spiky, revere a great flaming bull or learn sorcery.

That's why Dawi-Zharr are those better Dwarves. That, and fancy beard styling :D

14. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

[​IMG]

Shoitaan, Brother Smoke and Stiopa like this.
  15. Flipswitch

Flipswitch Sepsitorised by Intent

Soma is a decent game (earlier this page), though tbh you can enjoy it watching a good Lets Play too. I enjoyed it for what it's worth.

16. Shoitaan

Shoitaan Well-Known Member

I uninstalled TW:W2 sadly. 5min load screens killed my willingness to play. It really needs a SSD to play. I have one but was just too much effort trying to find 30 gigs of space in a 100gig SSD that also houses windows and GW2...

17. maru

maru Well-Known Member

Well you have not loos mutch is like any other TW game just with other / reskined units .. this brand do not evolve since First Shogun game and it was in 2000 . but monetizacion level get way more agressive

18. MikeTheScrivener

As far as Horror games go, I'm excited for:

Hopefully there is some real meat to the gameplay.

19. Shoitaan

Shoitaan Well-Known Member

Oh I'm not sure I'd go that far. Shogun 2 is still probably one of my fav strat games of all time. Warhammer improved the game in some ways while being worse in a number of other ways (namely naval battles and sieges). What made warhammer 1/2 refreshing for me was they leaned hard into the fantasy aspect and had super asymmetrical factions. I love the chess like balance of the 'nearly' symmetrical faction design in Shogun 2 but there's some fun about going the polar opposite as well.

All that being said, TW:W was just further refinements of the TW formula so yeah... If you don't like or are bored of the formula, the new games won't do that much for you XD

I will agree that the monetisation has gotten a bit worse. Day 1 dlc factions for Shogun 2 weren't that big a deal. Hattori wasn't even a real faction. Day 1 dlc for TW:W being Chaos was a huge middle finger however.

20. maru

maru Well-Known Member

This game is made by Creative Assembly and they got very bad monetizacion ideas before in TW Rome 2 factions was a Dlc unlock - and they ware in game day one as a enemy faction (fully made and locked as a selectable just to add a Dlc that was an unlocker ) i would say they made huge steps every Shogun games ;)
    strangly enught they are the ones that made Alien Isolation steping out of ther comfort zone and doing FPP horror game - the thing im afride is they caind of copy paste game from one to another and some times even get backward designs making game worst .

this Vlog / article whatever this e of publication is now called describe quite well what happend to Teltale games - and im afride that creative assembly got stuck in there own formula and this may be dengerous - yet they proven with Alien Isolacion that they can create a hit game completly out of they main focus.

"As far as Horror games go, I'm excited for:"
    i stay calm - would not to over hype and then get disapointed - same go for Phonix Point from orginal creators of X com ufo enemy unknown

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation