1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rudras - anyone played?

Discussion in 'ALEPH' started by paraelix, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Nemo No Name

Nemo No Name Aleph Cultural Atache

If you go back in the thread, you'll notice I simply said E/Marat is good against things we already have ways to deal with (namely, Hackers which we tend to bring aplenty), while bad against warbands. My interlocutor then brought up Dog Warriors, to which I responded.

And no, those two weapons might be a good toolset on something cheapish. On a 36 point model, I call that a waste of points.

============================================================

Hm. I realise my posts here have been quite negative overall. In my opinion, Yadus are too expensive for what they bring, and they don't provide anything useful to the faction overall. But people wanna play them, I guess.

To avoid putting more negativity here, I'll just stop commenting on anything relating to Yadus for a while.

#81 Nemo No Name, Oct 9, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
  2. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

I must just say that whole thing is only more hilarious when someone reaslises that your avatar resembles Yadus soo much ;P

3. devil.advocates

devil.advocates Well-Known Member

Not in the sense of more order=absolutely better. It's about order efficiency in general. Even if you get less order but can utilize each order to the max, then your list os efficient, otherwhise even if you have copious amount of order, but you can't even use it properly maybe because your unit is too fragile or easily countered, and with it you'll waste lots of order just to do one thing because of it, then it wasn't.

Personally i think Yadu links are pretty versatile and durable enought especially when backed up with propper support, and with my last few game, i deeply respect versatile troops. Also E/Marrat is cool imo and their ability to isolate and immobilize stuff are usefull, for me at least.

Well each to their own.

4. devil.advocates

I think he actually like them but he's just being tsundere with them.

Zewrath and jherazob like this.
  5. Nemo No Name

6. Mruczyslaw

Mruczyslaw AROnaut

Yeah, orders arent auto win. But they help a lot.

Yadus/Rudra cost IMO doesnt offer toolbox that OSS could have for same/less points, but more orders.

7. devil.advocates

For me, Yadus worth their point. MR+DB+E/Marat do help alot, especially in my meta. Don't know about Rudras thought, never try them. I'd prefer Samekh along with Yadus anyway :b. But their K1 Marksmen Rifle seems alluring.

Stiopa likes this.
  8. Nenyx

Nenyx Well-Known Member

About yadus, i'm surprised very few people are speaking about them being veteran L1. Are E/M, jammers ... that scarcely used in your games ? I find E/M templates to be very frightening, BTS is rather rare in most armies even for big units and being isolated essentially reduce the troop affected to some ARO role for what it might not be good at, and is difficult to remove. Oh, and yadus also have these kind of weapons.

9. Nemo No Name

Staying away from commenting on Yadus, but E/M stuff in general:
    a) Aleph generally has decent BTS
    b) E/M so far (in, obviously, my experience): occasional but hardly particularly scary occurrence. HFTs are much scarier and far more prevalent
    c) Jammers so far (in, obviously, my experience): Ghazi are annoyance but hardly game-defining. Hecklers I'm very much scared of (or rather, they make me question any Camo token close to deployment zone in Nomads), but haven't seen them so far.

Isolated units still get their own Order. May not be much, but they can do stuff and they can ARO.
    Plus, Isolation is nothing new for Aleph. Lot of our stuff is hackable and Isolated is a constant danger from hacking. You learn to deal with it.

10. tdc

tdc ALEPH Fragment
    Warcor

Unless that unit is a proxy...

Nemo No Name likes this.
  11. Nenyx

Nenyx Well-Known Member

BTS3 is still 50% chances of getting isolated, i was more thinking about BTS6+. For example, most HI are 4/3, most MI are 3/0, thus they are easier to isolate. When they are in a fireteam, it's a big problem for the owner. But it's really dependant on the local meta. I often face HI links, and my usual opponents have started using E/M more often versus me, like Emily Handelman. That's why i think yadus may be good for this - pseudo HI, non hackable and immune to isolation is nice when i need to go clean some hackers or E/M wielders. Or cripple a link, especially a HI one.

Abrilete and jherazob like this.
  12. Nemo No Name

Yes, I know. That's why I said "Aleph generally has decent BTS" - better than average. Doesn't make us immune to E/M. Just slightly better chances to get through it.
    Emily also comes with regular Grenades.
    I think you are overestimating what a no-visual-mods BS13 35-40pts trooper can do for you. But hey, play it and see ^^

13. Nenyx

Nenyx Well-Known Member

So do you think regular grenades are better than E/M ones ? I would say it's depend on the situation, but the E/M grenade can be far more scary. Of course, if you want to hit the average rank and file or cheap warbands, you will rather use standard ammunitions. But on anything stronger, like the usual rambo units, you can cripple them in only one shot with E/M.

I admit i didnt played yadus much till now, i didn't had that many games since this summer. But i don't think they are that bad. Visual mods are nice, but many units don't have them and they still have some uses.

14. Nemo No Name

I didn't say normal grenades are better - but as you say, it's all about the target. My point was, Emily can still drop normal grenades on Yadus, so just bringing Yadus won't resolve your problems with Emily specifically - just shift them in other direction. Sure, Yadus can take a Wound from such a grenade and still work, but... Nothing stopping Emily to keep dropping. And Yadus dodge on worse values than your average HI.
    Fair enough. And for sure, I may be wrong about Yadus. I know I won't be bothering, because they don't excite me in lore, they don't excite me with profiles nor with weapon options.

For me, Asura Lt2 Hacker. I haven't played too many games since OS came out, but all I did play, I brought her. XD I build other lists... And end up taking one of the lists with her in it.

15. Nenyx

Nenyx Well-Known Member

That's something we agree about :) I really like Asuras, and in fact i'm using yadus as bodyguards for her. I like the yadu/asura/rudras haris (well, expect that it's really expensive), and i don't hesitate to break the link to use asura L2 orders then reform it if i still need the link. Basically, yadu clean what can threaten asura (E/M ...) and gives some nasty ARO, K1 assisted fire rudras does the heavy shooting, and asura does asura things.
    Of course, Asura Lt2 is perfectly fine by herself, but i like having her in a fireteam at least on turn 1. Having B2 on reactive plus some tough bodyguards can help protect her from alpha strikes.

DukeofEarl, Stiopa and Mruczyslaw like this.
  16. natetehaggresar

natetehaggresar Senior Backlogged Painter Manager

Yes, visual mods are powerful, but they're not everything.

Daikini with support are straight up better firefighters, especially at range for fewer points.

Daikini also have a lot of vulnerabilities, hacking, em/weapons, actually crap at dodging instead of above average, can't prone, 1 wound, no secondary weapons for when a bs roll isn't terribly useful, no kit to solve problems.

I played aquisition last night, and as an example, a Yadu link can do a lot to lock down the central scoring antenna, between mines/drop bears, emaulers, and their nearly two wounds. They probably even hold it better than something like an Asura. She can be hacked and I'm actually one of those players who likes cyber mines which could also screw her.

Anyway a units worth is not soley a factor of it's BS and vismods. Yeah they're important but having a tool set to fill needs for your mission is important too. People may not see value in their tool set, I certainly do.

Similarly Rudras are not terribly exciting unless you get creative with mine dispensers and climbing plus, or creative with the placement of your repeaters. Towing a repeater up field "for free" with your advancing link to deny a flank, drop white noise, or buff a Garuda after it lands can be very useful, more useful than towing the hacker.

Hollowmen don't shoot as well a Kriza, doesn't mean they're crap. Jumper jump and linked chaincolts provide some massive utility.

jherazob, Stiopa and RecklessPrudence like this.
  17. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Well, you pay an arm and leg for Yadus, but in exchange you're getting a really capable Jack-of-all-trades.

As for Rudra it also pairs very well with Shakti, providing her with a mobile Repeater to extend KHDs range nicely. Next time I'm planning on getting them out in that configuration, and adding a Deva to the mix; most likely a Sensor to really mess up any Camo's day. Sensor autoreveals, Rudra deploys some mines nearby, the whole Haris moves on.

jherazob likes this.
  18. Mruczyslaw

Mruczyslaw AROnaut

Amazing 106 points, 3 orders combo wombo;)

19. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Oh yeah, because points/orders ratio is the best, or even only way to gauge effectiveness :V

#99 Stiopa, Oct 11, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    ijw likes this.
  20. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Well apparently @Mruczyslaw is Haqq player, so it's hard for him to justify anything else than 8 orders for 20 pts ;P

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation