1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who’s your Datatracker?

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by stramarvelous, Sep 23, 2018.

1. stramarvelous

stramarvelous Member

Hi!
    A lot of missions now need strong datatracker to have success, to resist, to kill, or to di both.
    I always play sectorial army and I struggled a lot to choose my man (or woman).

Bakunin:

- Taskmaster? Two wounds, with Koala...

And...?

Corregidor:

- Mobile Brigada?

The only two wounds we have...

And?

Tunguska:

- Kriza?

2. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Taskmaster is a great Datatracker for lots of missions, with an Anti-Material CC attack at high DAM, tough, mobile, flexible and can control an area

3. Tristan228

Tristan228 Bakunin's best Morlock trainer
    Warcor

My most favourite DataTrackers for Bakunin were so far:
    • linked BSG Riot Grrl (the resilient one)
    • LGL Moderator (kills the Designated Target with the least risk)
    • Rev. Kusanagi (when playing the Nuns link)

AdmiralJCJF and inane.imp like this.
  4. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

About 3/4th the time Gecko Combis and the other 1/4 Gecko Mk12.

inane.imp and PauloCavalcanti like this.
  5. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

I'm a fan of the Lizard in kill the HVT missions.

Kusanagi with 2 extra orders is great.

But usually TM in "don't die" missions.

Also +1 for the humble LGL Moderator. They're awful, but it's easier to keep them alive than most of the non-TM options because they don't need LOF to the HVT.

In Vanilla I'd still gravitate to TM or Lizard/LGL.

6. MindwormGames

MindwormGames Well-Known Member

Personally, I don't like overburdening my list trying to get the 'perfect' Data Tracker.

In ITS tournaments it depends on the mission list, but there's lots of missions where the Data Tracker isn't a big deal. And even in missions where it is important, like in Decap where it is a 5 point swing, you can still get it done late game with a relatively 'squishy' unit.

I tend to use Mary Problems as my Data Tracker, but that is, again, because I am not list building with a Data Tracker in mind. I like to run REM heavy lists with infiltrating cammo, AD, and morlocks, none of which make great Data Trackers (often because they can't BE Data Trackers). Mary doesn't have a marker state, but she's still -6 to hit (plus -3 for Cover and -3 for Suppressive Fire, usually). She can move fast to reposition when necessary, and she can be quite effective hiding Prone and hacking through repeaters. She makes a fine DT in many situations.

If you need your DT to survive, it doesn't need to be a tough unit. It just needs to be hard to get to and well-protected. If your DT needs to kill something, it doesn't need to be a murder machine to kill a Designated Target. It just needs to be able to get into position without getting its head blown off. If your DT needs to be holding something, whether that is a Supply Box or a Beacon or a Civilian, you just need to get that thing TO the Data Tracker. Your DT doesn't need to go out and get it.

Even in FROSTBYTE where 5 of your OP are tied up in the DT, you just need to be 5 inches outside your Deployment Zone at the end of the game. You don't need to be Hercules to do that, especially if you have second turn (not that you WANT second turn in FROSTBYTE, but you don't pick your DT until the end of Deployment.

7. stramarvelous

stramarvelous Member

Thanks a lot to all of you.
    Its always difficult to speak about some lists, I know, because it depends on the mission.
    I have to play Acquisition ad I think of using my Task as DT.
    I'll give you some report!!

8. MindwormGames

MindwormGames Well-Known Member

It also depends on your play style. A list might be great for one player and terrible for another because they prefer to play the game a little differently.

Ben Kenobi likes this.
  9. helsbecter

helsbecter Ultrademocratic subSenator, #dominion Module

This, but also Avicenna.

She is a timeless hero

10. Manfred_VR

Manfred_VR Well-Known Member

My two last Data in my last torunament were my Interventor and the mighty Kriza, another valid one is the Taskmaster.

11. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

Interventor is in my opinion a little bit tricky, cause you deny yourself the option to get into Imp2 state.

12. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

I'm playing Vanilla with a lot of camo so :
    - if the mission needs a Datatracker who must survive, I will take a background troop : likely jaguar because he can smoke himself, if not securitate, moderator...
    - if the mission needs a Datatracker who can control an area, it will depends on my list. I usually go with a moran and hide him in some building.

I may go for an HI (taskmaster, Kriza) or a TAG if I feel the need for something more able to go up the board (and enjoy his free order on some mission).

13. Vakarian

Vakarian Bad Nomad

I've been playing CJC recently and Massacre at the center of a Jaguar link makes for a great Datatracker.

If it's really just hide the Datatracker and let him survive, especially if he needs to score quadrants, then it's often a Moran prone on a rooftop surrounded by some other buddies (like FD1 Wildcats!).

loricus likes this.
  14. sarf

sarf Well-Known Member

My favorite "killer" datatracker so far is HGL Lizard. Pretty reliable chances to silence Designated Target forever.
    For "survivor" datatracker I use some cheerleader troops, like Moderator, well hidden inside of building at 2+ floor but not at rooftop. My meta doesn`t like grenade launchers so far, so it works for now.

loricus and inane.imp like this.
  15. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

"The Datatracker throws eclipse and the Jaguar shoots Adhesive. You wanna risk it?"

Vakarian likes this.
  16. inane.imp

"I suppose you can fight Massacre in HTH in a couple of Orders time." ;)

Vakarian and loricus like this.
  17. bakuninunbound

bakuninunbound Well-Known Member

It depends on the mission. I am practicing for a tournament with Frostbyte, so having your data tracker survive is REALLY important, but they also need to be able to safely get into the middle and potentially survive for a turn if you went first. For this, I like the Hollowmen with Multirifle/Pitcher. In my current list he is linked with 2 other Hollowmen. With solid defensive stats, he is pretty tough. Additionally, 2 levels of unconscious are great as you need to fail 4 armor saves in 1 go to die in a single order which is highly unlikely. In my first practice game, he snuck linked Lupe Balboa into LoS and pegged the Hollow man with both Panzerfausts. I went 2nd level unconscious and fell behind a wall, keeping him safe until I was able to get a Zond mate over to him. Also, if something like a Fiday or a ninja comes at you, you have that nice DTW. Finally, he has a safe way to spend his extra order, shooting pitchers for the lists 4 hackers. Unfortunately I had to cut the pitcher for a BSG SpecOps Hollow man, but she can also get a lot of work done, and can use the extra order to press buttons and flip consoles.

18. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

Depending on who I face, I'm thinking of trying a sin eater (HMG?) as a datracker. Did someone try this ?

19. helsbecter

helsbecter Ultrademocratic subSenator, #dominion Module

What's your reasoning? The Sin-eater HMG, in particular, dies almost 100% of the time... he's like the protective zinc coating for the team. His job is to get burned up.

20. inane.imp

This. He's already got a target on him.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation