1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Faction do you hate the most?

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by dexterv, Sep 25, 2018.

Tags:
?

Which faction you hate the most?

1. PanOceania

13 vote(s)
    5.6%
  2. Yu Jing

7 vote(s)
    3.0%
  3. Ariadna

45 vote(s)
    19.3%
  4. Haqqislam (rlly??)

11 vote(s)
    4.7%
  5. Nomads (if you vote this, you have no soul)

25 vote(s)
    10.7%
  6. Combined army

8 vote(s)
    3.4%
  7. ALEPH (<<This, you fools)

13 vote(s)
    5.6%
  8. Tohaa

43 vote(s)
    18.5%
  9. NA2

3 vote(s)
    1.3%
  10. Ultramarines

60 vote(s)
    25.8%
  11. All but Nomads

3 vote(s)
    1.3%
  12. Others

2 vote(s)
    0.9%
  1. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

No, you were the one trivialising a real holocaust by equating it with a fictional one.

chromedog, Remnar, Barrogh and 2 others like this.
  2. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

Take it like a man, @inane.imp got you and I don't think he ment it serious :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::beers:

I like both of your posts

Edit: ok he took it serious, sry :confused:

Abrilete likes this.
  3. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

No he didn't. Abrilete just doubled down. :)

A Mão Esquerda and Ben Kenobi like this.
  4. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

Don't know where I have to draw the line between fictional and real genocide. It's the basic attitude who frightens me.
    Theres a verry thin line between this two things, where both has the base of disrespect for other beings.

But I don't think, that was the intention of @chromedog .

Therefore :beers:

5. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

If I were serious I would have quoted the real full names of the guy and party involved.

6. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

I was advocating for the eradication of asparagus. I can't stand the stuff.

But fictional races don't count, regardless. The tohaa "race" are no more real than elfs are.

Remnar, A Mão Esquerda and Abrilete like this.
  7. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

I think you can do that with any faction.

You can drop CA, human sphere will still have a lot to do with each other, not to mention infinity is about covert operations, while CA is about full out war (not yet, in the scary near future when the aliens REALLY arrive BOOOOO scary stuff!). You can drop Ariadna and their poor Atek planet with Furries and adamantium/vibranium/mythrill/whatever other mary sue metal/spice must flow ripoff, nobody would care. You can drop Pano, and you'll end up with a sci-fi without 'Murica. So what. Number one goes, number two and the rest stays. We still have a lot of ongoing conflict. Nobody knows what's Haqqislam doing, apart from mining/creating/whatevering silk, which is some weird fluff thingy enabling resurrection (oh Space Jesus Hyperion) and Aleph needs more of it. Aleph is everywhere, but there was Infinity without it as a playable faction, and there can be Infinity without it. Something like O-12. Yu-Jing is Pano wannabe, so redundancy in orange. If you drop Tohaa, you still have the full human sphere to fight against CA.

Barrogh likes this.
  8. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

Yay!

9. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

Imo Ariadna's low tech should be something French and Scotts have, and nothing like TAK.

Like Vet Kazak is as HI as it gets, while Mormaers or Moblots are just LI with ARM3.

MRRF and Caledonia have rifles, light shotguns, whatnot, like low tech stuff, while in TAK everyone and their mom has T2 marksman rifles and AP HMG with ignore cover (I know. nobody has AP HMG with ignore cover it's called mild exaggeration.).

inane.imp and Abrilete like this.
  10. Brother Smoke

Brother Smoke Bureau Trimurti Representative

Aren't the artichokes a different species? nothing racist about wanting to exterminate a species, just human business as usual

chromedog and Abrilete like this.
  11. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

Actually racism is just human business as usual. It's just not effective when you want a society kept together. Similar to killing each other.

12. chromedog

Technically, Tohaa are a separate species and "race" as we know it is an artificial construct, anyway.
    There is only "Human" species on this planet.

So it's more species-ist.

And even then, it just comes down to the normal human petty tribalism bullshit ("the people" v "not of the people") that is hardwired into us.

prophet of doom, Stiopa and Barrogh like this.
  13. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

The funny part is that while doing this you prove my point that all the other changes subatantially alter the Human Sphere.

Thanks for reinforcing my point so well!

14. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I don't think you can remove too many factions without sacrificing the integrity of the IP too much;
    Yu Jing is needed as the bad guy with redeeming qualities. PanO is needed as the good guy that's letting the ends justify the means. Haqq is needed as the sympathetic foreign faction. Nomads the mandatory anarchist. Ariadna as the underdog. Tohaa as the stranger.
    I'm less certain about Aleph and CA, however, but it kind of fits the stereotypes of a spaghetti western (and it's a bit unfortunate that Ariadna in this take on it is the obvious hero)

In either case, there's something to be said about the game having set Ariadna out as too weak and Yu Jing and above all Pan-O as too strong. Yu Jing has lost some significant tactical assets and a few strategic ones due to JSA splitting off while for Pan-O I find it intriguing if they did actually blow Acon up. Whether this can be used to somehow make Ariadna a little bit less Mary Sue* or not... who knows.

* The population equivalent of Sweden trying to control a habitable area the size of Russia against encroaching Pan-O and Yu Jing interests all the while fending off a belligerent and intelligent fauna and not only that but also being a major player in the galactic war effort against CA and running black ops missions against super-powers at the same time. If they got a population boost of a few million Acon refugees setting up a burgeoning high-tech industry so they could actually properly refine that unobtanium themselves... it'd be a win-win, Mary Sueage goes down and instant tension increase with Pan-O, ensuring continued logical hostilities.

Stiopa, Berjiz and Abrilete like this.
  15. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

That's actually my big issue with Ariadna. You need more than a million people in your initial colony to maintain ~1950s tech levels in the event of utter separation. And the tech level you can maintain drops really quickly with population. Go to 900k people, and all of a sudden you can only maintain 1890s tech.

Plato's Republic tells you that you need 10,000 people to maintain Bronze Age tech...

About the maximum sustainable population growth you can have is 2% annually. Higher than that and you end up with too many young children, which results in a lowering of sustainable technology (this is being seen in several countries in Africa).

Population will double every 35 years at 2% growth. Ariadna should be somewhere around 16million people (4 doublings), bare minimum.

16. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Supposedly, when it comes to the basic needs they're post-scarcity, with food being a solved problem employing very few people. However, Sweden imports I think something along the lines of 60 to 70% of our food, and if we use that number to simulate Ariadna's population requirement for basic essentials and use the old model of Swedish conscription with over 10% of the population being educated in use of guns and assigned war-time readiness - hell, use the old model and the new model mash them together and remove any of the undesired traits and you can probably push that up to maybe 20% of the total population (i.e. not just every man between 18 and 50, but every human in that age span), this is a sizeable army and youths and elderly can be assigned to work essential production, but... Mobilization does tend to hit civil society and economical growth hard.

17. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

I don't hate Haqqislam I just hate Ghazi and Tarik's fatality nonsense.

Elessar likes this.
  18. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

I disagree, but happy to help!

19. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

I'd honestly assume that all Ariadnans over the age of 10 (Earth years) are familiar with the use of weapons, probably trained in their use since early childhood. Just due to the chance of antipode attacks. You must stand ready to defend yourself, at least to hold out until the military can arrive. The American Old West rules.

But in terms of how many people are in the Ariadnan armed forces versus other roles, I think you're about right.

20. chromedog

You don't know me, and we don't associate, so you are unlikely to ever find out what I'm like at parties, since I don't tend to "do" the party thing, anyway.

Thanks for your drawing of aspersions, though. I bid you good day, sir!

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation