1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New wave of Varuna rumors (OMG)

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by barakiel, Sep 29, 2018.

1. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

To reiterate a point about this:
    Emplaced snipers. High yield, quickly deployed+dispersed minefields deployed at range. Aerially deployed troops. Fast moving remotes with heavy armament.

Any one of those is more thematic with the idea of an elite counterterrorist force than some dipshit religious fanatic on a motorcycle.

Bikes can be an extremely fun unit to play and that's great and all, but how about making it something that fits thematically rather than just shoveling it in?

NCA would be a better spot for a biker unit. MO would be a better spot for a biker unit. This is hamfisted nonsense. End of story.

injenegr and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  2. TaHu

TaHu Well-Known Member

Excuse me wtf?
    Squalos duo? Why? Just why? Montesas on bikes? Will they still have mech dep? Instead of fixing garbage like KotHS or Teutons they change one of the good knights. And why all of these are even in Varuna?

3. kanluwen

If you want to misrepresent things, sure. I'm not opposed to Knights on Bikes--I'm opposed to them IN VARUNA. I've even made mention of how I would have liked this to be in MO not here.

So yeah. You want to draw a fucking line? I'm drawing it at you misrepresenting my argument.
    I was excited until this news. Can't we have one place without Knights?

4. Phillimon

Phillimon Kazak Diplomatic Operative

Yeah, you're right. It is a very vocal minority. I've been dabbling in PanO for a bit but Varuna has me excited. Might even make me forget about Ariadna.

A Mão Esquerda and Stiopa like this.
  5. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

I'm not aware of any news or rumours that Montesans are being removed from MO.

6. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

Well, considering they’re an integral part of the PMC, as the Church is an integral part of PanO, likely not...

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  7. Skoll

Skoll Well-Known Member

Also the complaint about half the knights being comparatively worthless rings very true.

Sure other factions would prob love a bs 14 hi like teuton, but in pano where it offers nothing over its better costed and thought out peers, he is worthless

AdmiralJCJF and DFW Ike like this.
  8. A Mão Esquerda

Well, it’s what the design team has in mind for the Snake Eaters, and considering we don’t know the full look of the Sectorial, perhaps using the jump to conclusions mat and talking in sweeping generalities might be a tad premature...

9. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

Jesus, the complaining here is insurmountable. why can't you just enjoy the drip-feed news and imagine why something could work instead of couldn't.

10. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Ok, let's make a deal. I'll make an effort not to misrepresent your point. You'll make an effort not to be so bloody angry at any and all changes. You're questioning CB's motives at every step, you're complaining about things we know nothing about yet, and you're swearing both at people and in general. I do get your points. Some of them I even agree with. I strongly disagree with people using your nickname as a derogative. But please understand how tiring your constant blowing things out of proportions gets.

Yup, that's why I've admitted I'm guilty as well. Right now Teutons and F-K are redundant.

This, so much this.

11. kanluwen

Are we even looking at the same Sectorial?
    [​IMG]
    Nothing there makes me think "Gee, some religious nutjob on a motorcycle would fit in great here!".

DFW Ike and TaHu like this.
  12. A Mão Esquerda

Well, considering you don’t design the army or the game, that’s kind of a moot point, né? And, again, without knowing exactly what the mounted Montesas look like, we can’t know how they fit in the Sectorial. A bit of stealing from Haqq could be the thing, the anvil for the others to hammer against, perchance?

Pen-dragon and meikyoushisui like this.
  13. Stiopa

Same could be said about TAK before we've got the whole roster.

For good or worse, MO seem to be highly integrated within POMC. The article mentions Montesas expanding their influence, so remaking the unit might make sense. Given the sectorial's description mobility - like bikes - might fit in well. I'd prefer MO to be PanO-themed NA2 as well, but since that's not happening let's see if they'll be useful. For now we simply know too little.

Also, I really want to see a bike capable of driving a power armour around...

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  14. kanluwen

Funny how I don't have an elevated pulse, no signs of anger or aggression...just text that people are reading as angry.
    I won't stop doing this. I refuse to ignore it when they give me a reason to.
    People see it as "blowing things out of proportions". I'm pointing out that in the span of a day this Sectorial went from being what they kept billing it as("professional soldiery specializing in counterterrorist operations") to "oh look, there's the token knight unit...and the typical addition of all the new rules".

As to the swearing...big deal. Everyone swears here. You have it right there in your profile next to your name.

I'm going to be blunt here:

You think I'm jumping to conclusions based upon a general dislike of Knights or Bikes or whatever. You might not be wrong--but look at their recent history of adding biker units. They seem to be of the impression now that every faction needs them. With the addition of them to PanO, the two factions they continually harped upon as not getting them are getting them. And not only that--the two newest sectorials are the ones to get them. Despite the thematic elements of those Sectorials having virtually zero room for bikes to be present, and one of the two bike units actually being something redesigned from a Sectorial that they just effectively killed?

What conclusion am I supposed to draw from them? That these were well thought out additions? That it isn't just an excuse to add bikes to these factions?

DFW Ike likes this.
  15. kanluwen

To be fair, with TAK the issue was more that they are in general just getting a lot of stuff.
    Contrary to popular belief, yeah I get that "we simply know too little"...but we should know enough at this point for people to sit back and objectively say "Wait, why is there a knight on a motorcycle here?".

Leviathan, DFW Ike and Nemo No Name like this.
  16. TaHu

TaHu Well-Known Member

We don't complain without a reason. I was excited and happy with Vedic and Tunguska news, but this...
    Some people weren't happy with Andromeda in vedic, but she looks less out of space then biker knight in navy seal team.

inane.imp and DFW Ike like this.
  17. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Especially for those who dont have ASA and still want to buy their range when itnis around.

18. Ayadan

Ayadan Knight of the TAG Order

Well, I would laugh if we get amphibious motorbikes (ie some James Bond transforming like stuff).

Had anyone the same useless hope that we could get a Eclipse LGL on these bikes?

19. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

I strongly disagree

you don't know the fluff and neither do i. once again, you're fixating on why something couldn't work versus could

meikyoushisui and Stiopa like this.
  20. Stiopa

No, just a constant stream of "this is idiotic", "this is stupid", "piss off", etc. My profile title doesn't jump at people eyes, your posts do, so don't be surprised it gets a negative reaction.

As for the bikes, it's not about you liking or disliking anything, it's about your blanket statements that make it seem like the sky is falling. CB is obviously changing its approach to faction design and various skills or equipment availability, and this is a good thing, otherwise they'd paint themselves into a corner design-wise (exactly how they did with PanO). When we'll see the full picture I might just as well agree that the unit doesn't fit; for now I'm holding judgement on that while being happy that apparently CB did overcome their designer's block when it comes to PanO.

I've had a similar case with OSS; I've really wanted it to be a completely faceless sectorial, with androids, robots, and no named characters. We've got some, though, and it doesn't make the sectorial any less awesome.

Yeah, I'm one of them, as I've still didn't have parts of the resculpted range.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation