1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New wave of Varuna rumors (OMG)

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by barakiel, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Paperclip

Paperclip Active Member

A 8-6 BS14 Spitfire is awesome and so is a kamau hacker/FO duo with a squalo for a mobile speculative fire platform

Stiopa likes this.
  2. bloodstone

bloodstone Member

We have zondnautica's background ?

3. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

Because they have to get a return on investment for the Montesa mold from SAA.

Necessary or not, this is an asinine way to do things.

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  4. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Oh ffs, one goes to sleep for just a few short hours, and wakes up to this.

If it's true - and it looks, and I really hope it is - then it's going to be beyond awesome. Especially if some of that new wave thinking will find its way to older sectorials.

Mixed ORC fireteams and Wildcard character were expected and make a lot of sense. Kamau mixed into other links - yeah, now the starter makes more sense, but it's less of a starter. Varuna players will still need 2/3 of vanilla starter to play. Montesa bikers - mind blown. I wonder if they're remaking them completely, or simply introducing alternatives, like with different Scots Guard Battalions. Some with MechDep, some with bikes. Either way:

[​IMG]

Ayadan is spot on about the "issue". And I highly doubt that anyone will notice once they start to field those mixed links. ORCs will rock.

They might reuse some 3d renders, but the mold for the biker will have to be a completely new beast. Not to mention that reusing assets to keep the costs down is hardly a crime, especially since there's no reason to think it will affect the quality of final model.

5. cogites

cogites Well-Known Member

I really hope those bike Montesas are a separate profile. I was giving CB the benefit of the doubt and assuming they wouldn't be axing any of the great Acon models permanently, just rolling things in and out of production, and Montesas as they currently are already serve a valuable role in their home sectorial. If they really are changing the current profile into a biker I'll be extremely disappointed with CB, especially since its Teutons that are truly in dire need of a rework, and would be most fitting as bikers according to their lore.

Feeling kinda wary about all this, to be honest. If CB just straight up invalidates the way a unit is currently used in their home sectorial (as well as their present model) just to push the new hotness Varuna stuff, that's a step toward the Games Workshop side and not a good sign.

6. MrNailbrain

MrNailbrain Relentless Optimist

If this is remotely true, it’s absolutely incredible. Squalo in Varuna is a bit unexpected, but I don’t mind. Everything else is causing me to walk around this morning with a huge grin on my face.

Zelaponeepus, Ixidro, Death and 2 others like this.
  7. mothman

mothman Well-Known Member

I think the montessa bike knights might be hinting at fluff future for acon, with some units being moved to other places (for example if acon falls not all the units will have died or been planetside so get relocated), acon regulars can just be fusiliers alternative (and look more fitting to varunas climate based on RPG book) They may still keep the normal montessa knights

Akalis could end up being rolled into echo bravo fluff wise, but old model can be use to represent some akhalis keeping old gear

old acon will exist as a legacy army but technically its troops are now in varuna

Golem2God and eciu like this.
  8. Stiopa

@cogites: technically we could still use Montesas as a proxy for other knights, but yeah, I'd prefer them to get a second, separate battalion.

@mothman: the thing is that nothing even hints at removing Acon as an army.

Golem2God likes this.
  9. andre61

andre61 Well-Known Member

This news should bring a Ray of sunshine to PanOville.

10. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Like, LOL

Superfluid likes this.
  11. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

<insert generic complain about PanO's so called "hi tech">

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  12. mothman

Give montessa knights explosive CC weapons, first combat focused bike unit

[​IMG]

13. McNamara

McNamara Merc Rep

Knights on bikes makes me really think of Space Marines. Next we probably probably get one with AD and Super Jump. Guess they will have more of a Chinese background tho.

AdmiralJCJF and Golem2God like this.
  14. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Yyy .... Penny ?

DFW Ike and Stiopa like this.
  15. Stiopa

Yeah. And if anyone should get an AI bike it'd be Penny, not PanO unit. I think Motorcycle HI will be awesome enough.

16. Dyne

Dyne Well-Known Member

HI biker is cool, but remember, cool things are impossible in PanO :smiling_imp:

AdmiralJCJF, Section9 and Death like this.
  17. mothman

I only count humans not alephs filthy knock offs

rooki1 likes this.
  18. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

We have the background for the AI Bikes, and therefore part of the background for the Zondnautica, it came out with the rules. The the final paragraph on http://infinitythewiki.com/en/AI_Motorcycle

bloodstone likes this.
  19. Rannith

Rannith Well-Known Member

New profile for Sqalid, sorry Squalo, Mov 5-3 CC 14 BS 13 PH 12 Wip 9 Arm 4 BTS 3 STR 2 S 9 Cost 127
    Skills: Inferior Camo Weapons Pistol and Knife or light shotgun and CCW

20. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

The mold for the biker will have to be a completely new beast...but remember that bikers can dismount.

Or do you think it a coincidence that it's the Knights of Montesa instead of the fricking Equestrian Order?

In any regards...this is stupid to be in Varuna. They kept pushing that Varuna was going to be an "elite counterterrorist group" and now oh look, knights on bikes...

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation