1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rudras - anyone played?

Discussion in 'ALEPH' started by paraelix, Sep 27, 2018.

1. paraelix

paraelix Seed Embryo Scholar

I've been eyeing off the Rudras K1 Marksman profile... The combo of fast move, climbing plus, Supportware and K1 ammo (with decent range bands) looks pretty solid. Much better than a bunch of other K1 options (dear god, that freaking K1 sniper...).

Has anyone had a chance to run the Rudras yet? Thoughts/feedback?

Abrilete and Stiopa like this.
  2. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Not yet, but I also have high hopes for K1MR variant.

3. paraelix

Yeah... Supportware means you should be hitting on 15s (75%) against targets without visual mods or suppression, and K1 is either 50% chance to wound in cover, or 65% out.

Abrilete likes this.
  4. D_acolyte

D_acolyte Well-Known Member

I played one today with marksmen level 2 and a K1 marksmen rifle on it outside of a link team. It was highly effective, put the last wound on a sphinx and killed some rodaks. He was fast and deadly and I will defiantly consider running 1 in more games as a fast hitter to support the rest of the force.

5. Necromancy Black

What lists are you taking the bot in?

A repeater and ability to link seem nice, but it's still 42 points.

meikyoushisui and Nemo No Name like this.
  6. paraelix

On a 6-4, Climbing Plus, Arm 4/BTS 6 chassis. It is reasonably comparable to other HI equivalents with the added benefit of Supportware.

Zelaponeepus, Stiopa and Abrilete like this.
  7. Necromancy Black

Hmm yeah, forgot that it's actually much tankier then regular rems.

Might try slipping one into a hacker list a replacement repeater.

Zelaponeepus likes this.
  8. The Revanchist

The Revanchist Well-Known Member

I've been playing one pretty regularly since it came up in Army, so about 3-4 games.

I've only played the K1 Marksman, but I've been very happy with it. I regularly find use for the Repeater, since I usually have 2-4 Hackers, and it regularly catches people off guard when shooting the Mine Dispenser in ARO. While in cover, it can usually take the incoming attack and still be around by the end of the Order.

Adding Supportware and Fireteam bonuses are just icing on the cake.

Stiopa likes this.
  9. Wombat85

Wombat85 Well-Known Member

The one thing Tohaa taught me, unless it is against a tag the K1 is always the worst choice.

10. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

No? If we speak about Snipers then yes, but K1 Combi becomes better than standard combi as soon as you hit ARM2 target and is equal to combi on ARM1 targets.

11. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Exactly. It's only on the Sniper rifle that K1 is definitively bad, because you're losing 3 DAM.

12. Nemo No Name

Nemo No Name Aleph Cultural Atache

Everybody agrees on Sniper.
    Now, onto K1 Marksman and Combi Rifles. Here's the problem: It is worse against ARM0, and equal to base weapon for ARM1. Realistically, this is the majority of models you will encounter. Neither MArksman nor Combi is particularly great weaponry (Marksman is okay). This if fine on cheaper models (think Unidrons).

However, if you're paying 40 points for such a model... Eh? I mean, yeah, it's pretty decent against high ARM targets, of which you see... Occasionally something?

Back to Rudras:
    I've played Rudras a few times so far, and at the moment, it's exactly where I expect them to be : too expensive. I mean, high ARM/BTS and 2 STR is nice, so is Repeater and Climbing Plus, but at 40 points they're simply not bringing enough to the table to be worthwhile.

I should note I was mostly running them in Asura + Shakti + Rudra Haris's (different Asuras and different Rudras). I'm thinking of trying Deva + Shakti + Rudra Haris still, but I don't see them doing much better there either.

I'll probably keep playing them because they're our combat REMs... But they've been a disappointment. I think Red Fury is the best option for them - most expensive, but it gives them real punchy power. MULTI Rifle can also do work, but you need to clear a path for them to get in close, and that can sometimes be a problem.

And I honestly don't understand why they are so restricted in Fireteams. I mean, I understand why they didn't allow them in Dakini Fireteams - OS can't have a linked repeater for Dakinis, that would totally break the game, right. But why can't we have them in Deva Haris? :(

13. cogites

cogites Well-Known Member

I've tried them in a Haris with Shakti and another Yadu. They work fine enough. I mean, a Red Fury at B5 is quite nice in most situations. I've found the most useful thing about them is the Mine Dispenser, however, for covering your offensive link's corners.

14. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

That's not a REM, that's a bloody Su Jian!

15. Stiopa

Trading increased durability and mobility for better armament, compatibility with Supportware, and ability to link. Oh, and it's 2/3 the cost...

16. Nemo No Name

That can't dodge worth shit, and requires Hacker in the background spending orders to get roughly even with SuJian BS. Not to mention that NWI on Su-Jian is phenomenal.

Also, carries much worse loadouts. I wish it had SuJian loadouts. Especially the Heavy Shotgun. Although OS doesn't have Smoke so it'd be hard to get it anywhere to use that shotgun...

Teslarod likes this.
  17. Mruczyslaw

Mruczyslaw AROnaut

You really want heavy shotgun and flamer on rudra?
    With hacker it hits litte better than SJ, he is little bit slower, but there is no need to switch forms and trade BS to keep mobile.
    He also has this mine dispenser thing and he can benefit ffrom EVO buffs in 1st turn.
    SJ can take more damage and as You said, his dodge is better.
    Rudra expands hacking range.
    Different story, but still good. For less points.

Zelaponeepus likes this.
  18. Stiopa

Yeah, you need a hacker to field one, but 1) this means 2 orders instead of one and 2) in OSS you'll have that hacker in 9/10 lists.

As for the weapon choices, this isn't unit that wants to get up close and personal. This is a unit that wants to flank, climb up a building, drop down some mines and kill everything in 24" range. K1MR with Supportware on is pure gold.

Zelaponeepus likes this.
  19. Nemo No Name

I agree that it's a quite different unit from the get go.

However, I strongly disagree it is still "good". However much I'd like to love it, it's simply not good enough for 40 points. But that's in the manner of most HI "not good enough". Climbing Plus and 6-4 help a bit, which basically covers up the problem of S4. I'm gonna keep playing it, but not if I'm making the top list.

You missed my point. I mean, I need to spend an Order to put up Supportware, and that is one Hacker that is not putting Supportware up on my Dakinis.

(also, I actually keep forgetting you need Hackers to field REMs, because I always have at least one Hacker in my Aleph lists)

Sigh. It's not gonna kill everything, it's gonna kill a thing or two and then get hacked or just die to crits while wasting Orders trying to kill Fusiliers with K1 Marksman Rifle. Please try playing it.

20. Stiopa

Sigh indeed. Everything in this game can die to a crit. Rudra still can survive through at least one. And it shouldn't be hunting Fusiliers, unless there are no other viable targets. It should hunt HIs and TAGs. Please try playing it to its strengths.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation