1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heavy Infantry in Vanilla, IA, & ISS

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Space Ranger, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Mc_Clane

Mc_Clane Zhànzhēng bùzhǎng
    Warcor

That's exactly what I've meant. Now The multi HMG is not used at all, they need do give him a little boost in order to make it sexier. And a cheaper filler, like a Haidao or a remote can make the linkteam afordable.

2. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

I think half the reason the Yan Huo MultiHMG isn't used is because it doesn't have a model.

That's also why I'm expecting the Yan Huo MultiHMG to be in the IA starter box.

3. banthafodder

banthafodder Well-Known Member

Pretty sure it's just that for a single point more, you get that amazing burst 5 weapon that outperforms the multi HMG except for the exp single shot.

Personally I'd rather that spot on the starter taken by another profile.

4. Skoll

Skoll Well-Known Member

The key difference is the 0 access to smoke and haris, while only being equipped with alright solo bullies.

A defensive OS link is near worthless when you cant shoot your way out of deployment, unless you are willing to run an unlinked hospitaller hmg to shoot your way out. But then you'll always be thinking hed be better served in the link.

This is why the OS core link is basically worthless compared to the celestial guard link

5. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Not entirely sure I agree. I regularly proxy the missile launcher as a HRMC and did so before the HRMC model was out. Don't think I've ever used the MHMG simply because the HRMC is a better bully and neither are very good in ARO.

Zewrath likes this.
  6. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I think they assumed anyone with the HRMC was going to proxy it for the Multi-HMG. Unless they give HMG something like an X-Visor and/or make it cheaper, I don't see a reason take the HMG over the HRMC.

upload_2018-9-27_9-54-59.png

7. Joametz

Joametz Chinese Empire in Space enthusiast

I would say that the Multi HMG is better at ARO duty than the HRMC... But that’s hardly worth the trouble. If you want an ARO piece, take the neuro-Double ML right? MHMG is such a “grey” profile when you compare it to the others.

8. Space Ranger

I actually don’t like the Neruocinetics ML because it ruins active turn. I’d rather have 2 shots vs. 1 in active, instead of 2 vs. 3 or more in ARO.

I think the numbers show the YH is really good for bang for the buck in that price range.

#68 Space Ranger, Sep 27, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
  9. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

Well my massive beef with YH ML on ARO duty is the fact that he doesn’t have any courage. I cannot stand dedicated ARO models with no courage, nothing is worse than a strong ARO piece holding a choke point, only for it to go prone after the first enemy salvo, realising you wasted like 20% of your army points on a coward who pissed his pants.

#69 Zewrath, Sep 30, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
    Robock, Joametz and Space Ranger like this.
  10. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

In the latest video Bostria all but confirms IA are getting NCO, Tactical Sense (bonus irregular order for certain troops), and LT lvl2.

11. Space Ranger

I'm wondering if Sun Tze might be changed to gain Lt. Level 2. I think since it started with Aleph and he's an Aleph re-creation it's possible.

12. Mahtamori

I hope Sun Tze v2 is. I'm also hoping the make him a bit more Kombatt

Section9 likes this.
  13. Section9

Yeah, Sun2 is a bit lacking.

Sun1 makes a decent tank.

14. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

He does, I really rate the multi rifle version for holding quarters and he makes for a solid annoying ARO option that people don't want to shoot at.

15. Space Ranger

A bit of thread-o-mancy but Ii've made updates in the OP.

16. Section9

Should probably add a bit to Sun's section, since the changes to Total Immunity have effectively made him ARM6(!). He is very hard to kill now.

AdmiralJCJF and Space Ranger like this.
  17. Maksimas

Maksimas Heavy Infantry Addict Maxim

To be fair, Sun Tze was already very hard to kill before.
    Now he's just so durable I don't think most would even deem trying to fight him worthwhile.

18. Khalipo

Khalipo Well-Known Member

I still thinl sun tze needs to be in IA, linkable and with a big gun to justify the strong point investment.

In vanilla, I think the sniper version should be tough as nails, like the standard version. An ARM9 sniper in cover would be awesome.

19. Mahtamori

While it would make thematic sense to have Sun1 in IA, I'm not sure he brings much to it. If he's a Wildcard, I guess you can get a very tough Total Immunity unit to take punishment, but with two good NCO you don't have as much use for Strategos, leaving him in a position where he'd be a slightly worse but more tanky Shang-Ji.

20. Section9

Makes more thematic sense for Sun to be in IA than in Imperial SS. Especially post-Uprising, when it's obvious (and explicit) that the Imperial SS refused to listen to Sun's advice.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation