1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Escalation League 100pt List Advice

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by Jahxius, Sep 25, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Jahxius

Jahxius New Member

Hi there,

A friend and I jumped into infinity over the summer and have been enjoying it immensely so far. I've been playing Haqqislam and have managed to piece together a good few of the mini's from the range.

Our LGS will be starting a new escalation league soon and I've put together a couple of lists and was hoping to get some feedback. My friend and I have been playing up to 300pts but only against each other. The first mission is Annihilation so I've built the lists to reflect that.

The two lists are pretty different and probably suite quite different play styles but I thought I'd have a crack at both.

List 1

[​IMG] Escalation 100 Points List 1
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]5 [​IMG]4 [​IMG]4
    [​IMG] FIDAY Boarding Shotgun, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW, Knife. (0 | 29)
    [​IMG] MUTTAWI'AH Chain Rifle, E/Marat, Jammer, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 5)
    [​IMG] MUTTAWI'AH Chain Rifle, E/Marat, Jammer, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 5)
    [​IMG] NAFFATÛN Rifle + Heavy Flamethrower / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 13)
    [​IMG] NAFFATÛN Lieutenant Rifle + Light Flamethrower, Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)

0 SWC | 100 Points

Open in Infinity Army

List 2

[​IMG] Escalation 100 Points List 2

[​IMG]4 [​IMG]3 [​IMG]3
    [​IMG] NAFFATÛN Rifle + Light Flamethrower, Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
    [​IMG] NAFFATÛN Lieutenant Rifle + Light Flamethrower, Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
    [​IMG] GHULAM Doctor Plus (MediKit) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 16)
    [​IMG] FASID Heavy Rocket Launcher, Submachine Gun, Antipersonnel Mines / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (2 | 45)

2 SWC | 100 Points

Open in Infinity Army

2. Earl00

Earl00 New Member

Hi,
    are you sure the Fasid is allowed? I have something in my mind that multi wound modells are not allowed in that point-range...

3. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

There are no such prohibitions in the ITS Escalation League.
    Some fanmade rule sets have such things.

4. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

I'd keep Ghazi Muttawi'ah to minimum at that point level.
    Orders are the lifeblood of Infinity, and you get only 4-5 Regular Orders in those lists. I'd suggest sacking the Ghazi (well, maybe keep one. Just one) and taking more Naffatun or some Ghilim.

5. Ben Kenobi

@Errhile is partially right. Four
    Mutts are too much but I would take two. The Fiday is an awesome unit, but I would want Mines but I don't get the points out of the rest. Therefore I take the best alternative, a TO unit
    Unfortunately I had to downgrade 2 Naffatuns to LFT.

[​IMG] Escalation 100 Points List 1

[​IMG]6 [​IMG]2 [​IMG]2
    [​IMG] TUAREG Rifle + Light Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 29)
    [​IMG] GHULAM Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)

0 SWC | 100 Points

Open in Infinity Army

6. Jahxius

Jahxius New Member

Thanks for the advice guys!

Out of curiosity, how do you tend to use mines? I've found that when I place them my opponent typically shoots them up. Do you tend to drop them somewhere you aren't going to hold and move on, or use them in conjunction with a unit nearby?

One of my worries was running a bit Mutt heavy, I had also thought about dropping one naffatun and trying to free up some points for a Ghulam Doc to keep my men in the game, or would this be too many points to spend at this level.

Its odd, I find I kinda know how to build a 200pt list or a 300pt list but when I get down to 100pts it becomes incredibly difficult to justify different options and builds.

7. Papa Bey

Papa Bey Clueless Wonder. Still.

All of the above.

Sometimes you plant one and leave because you know they are coming by later. For example, around an objective or a pathway to one. I've used them to directly hinder a unit, typically just around the corner.

Keep in mind it requires an Order to deploy a mine. Make sure they spent at least one to get rid of it or avoid it.

Deltervees likes this.
  8. Ben Kenobi

Plant a Bomb beyond the edge without being seen. When the trooper will be shot, his only reaction without getting the hit of the mine is to dodge. Therefore you will have a Shot without risking getting hit.

You will not have the orders to use your doctor, you will see.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation