1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

States interactions: Old and New

Discussion in 'Rules' started by krotos, Sep 24, 2018.

Tags:
  1. krotos

krotos Well-Known Member

Hello community!

I have few questions about state interactions.
    1) Can character with Dazzled state attack or target with actions character with Marked state if the range is 2 or more of course.
    2) Massacre taunted all enemy characters with Kiss my ass tactic card. Then Eclipse give him Hidden state. All enemy aristos can attack only Massacre,but they don't see him. They can only move, perform different actions and attack Massacre in close combat only? So whole Massacre's team now in safety?

Thank you for your thoughts and clarification!

2. Roadrunner7431

Roadrunner7431 Well-Known Member

1. DAZZLED

Targets affected by this State cannot draw Line of Sight beyond the 0-1 Range or use their Defense Roll to inflict Damage to Attackers outside Range 1-1.

Dazzled reduces any ranged attack to a Range of one hex only. Marked is independent of Range.

MARKED

Targets affected by this State may be targeted even with no Line of Sight.

• Targets affected by this State cannot Benefit from Cover.

So I would say that the answer to question number 1) is No.

Your question number 2 is very interesting.

TAUNTED

Characters affected by this State can only choose the Character that provoked it as the Target for their Attacks.

So I would say that any character taunted by Massacre cannot attack any other character if they choose to use their Energy points for any of their Attacks.

HIDDEN

You cannot have a Line of Sight to Targets affected by this State, except within Range 1-1.

So I would say that any character whose Attack requires Line of Sight would not be able to attack Massacre unless adjacent to him. So I believe the answer to your question number 2) is Yes you are correct.

I refer to -V- and the other CB designers but I believe that your post would provide an excellent example for us players to understand the implications of these more complicated states. Thank you.

krotos likes this.
  3. Damiel

Damiel Domaru sexytorizado :3
    Warcor

Hi y'o!!!

Dazzled characters can't draw LoS beyond range 1, BUT, marked state (on enemy) forfeits the need of LoS, and so a dazzled Character CAN attack beyond range 1 to a marked Enemy

All characters HAVE to attack Sr. Massacre, but they cant draw LoS, so only attacks at range 1 or no attacks at all (your team is safe... for the moment ;3)

Hope it helps!

:3

volgo, -V- and krotos like this.
  4. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

Given the @-V- like to this post, i assume it is the right answer.

In a similar way, a :SL: skill is unaffected by :S: state, right?

5. Damiel

Damiel Domaru sexytorizado :3
    Warcor

Exactly! You can activate :SL: skills when :S: and even within smoke (of course, also through Blocked or Occupied hexes).

:3

6. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

Exactly. @Damiel 's right. You only have to keep :S: in mind when LoS is needed.

:wink:

7. Kelthret

Kelthret Usuario

Slight correction. Enemy characters don't have to attack Massacre, but if they want to attack, they can only attack him. The only taunter that forces the enemy to attack is Prysm.

Flipswitch, Damiel and -V- like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation