1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Farewell, Commander Dasaan

Discussion in 'Tohaa' started by n21lv, Aug 29, 2018.

1. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

Burning all bridges seems like a good idea if you are determined to never look back.

I'm glad he didn't have to see ITS10 hit. Dislike it enough already without yelling over Frostbyte and Xenotechs being bad for Tohaa.
    People want new shit for their stuff all the time, but they really shouldn't. It's a selfish thing if your Faction is on top of the foodchain while others barely exist on the brink of one useable list.

Dasaan hasn't been having fun with ITS or the game in general for over a year now, while I doubt he meant to, he was already dragging everyone down with him.
    Now, I'm not gonna sit here an tell you lack of Tohaa releases or all of the latest additions and decisions have been a good thing. But you have to keep a shred of positivity alive if you want to retain the hope things will eventually get better.
    It's been years of nothing for Tohaa by now, but there has finally been the confirmation that the Triumvirate is coming to NA2. Honestly it doesn't matter jack if it's a Tohaa Sectorial or not. There will be Artichokes in that and Vanilla Tohaa will benefit from new Sculpts and Profiles no matter in which place of the army builder you're gonna find them.

Now might be the perfect time to take a break, knowing that you still have to wait for quite some time. For anyone who was holding out hopey this should have been the time be a bit more upbeat instead of spreading negativity.

Not sad to see him gone, at this point the game simply wasn't for him anymore.
    I myself did the same thing with other games that have been rapidly declining or where I simply lost interest.
    Go ask yourself if you think the game is going steadily downhill and decide for yourself if you want to join him. I'm gonna cut the game and CB a little more slack, at the very least to see what the big November Update does with the game.
    Not gonna lie I might be joining the Infinity Alumni party depending on how that turns out.

2. Wombat85

Wombat85 Well-Known Member

For me what is keeping me interested is how awsome my local meta is. Im in the minneapolis crew, and all the people I play with are just awsome. That said, I am starting to branch out to other games to scratch itch that CB and ITS 10 likely wont scratch.

xagroth and Golem2God like this.
  3. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

I'm looking to get back into 40k with Necromunda & Killteam maybe even Bloodbowl. Then maybe build up from there. I already got a bunch of ideas in my head just waiting to come to life.

xagroth likes this.
  4. bloodstone

bloodstone Member

Brace yourself : I fear you will be disappointed.
    I don't really know how started the big "there will be a massive overhaul in november", I understood that it would just be a few modifications for pano. I think CB should really clarify on the forum if these massive changes are a thing or not, as way too many people are putting way too much expectations in this "november massive update" and it may blow up in their face if they don't communicate about it... @Koni

5. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Some PanO modifications were all that CB mentioned. 'A massive overhaul in November' is pure forum speculation.

Section9, chromedog, Abrilete and 5 others like this.
  6. Golem2God

That is what I heard as well. Nothing about other factions getting tweaks or upgrades. It would be a nice surprise if CB did that though.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  7. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

In one of the Interplanetario interviews, a "big Army update" was mentioned, either by Bostria or Gutier. That might mean a change of how the program works, though, so not really a spoiler, aside from that November might see days with a broken Army utility...

Golem2God likes this.
  8. ijw

It wasn't a big army update, it was some tweaks to PanO.

chromedog, daboarder and Golem2God like this.
  9. Solodice

Solodice Freshly Squeezed Troll

CB then needs to clarify their stance then to end the rampant hopes and dreams (be better for everyone).

Golem2God likes this.
  10. Golem2God

This is what I got from the announcement.

11. ijw

Their stance was clear - they're making some minor tweaks to PanO. They've never said it would be more than that.

12. Plex

Plex Taagma without a scheme

Farewell Dasaan, my brother from another artichoke.

You'll always be welcome in my triad.

Golem2God and Dragonstriker like this.
  13. RazorWing

RazorWing Conscripted Sukeul

I was afraid this would happen when I found he dropped out of the Discord too. His pinned post here then by extension the fantastic articles on his site is what helped me into Tohaa after I fell in love with the models.

@Magonus I really hate to see you go, but I wish you the best of luck on your future endeavors!

Golem2God likes this.
  14. Aisriyth

Aisriyth Forum Lurker

Wait, that has been confirmed?! Ugh.....

Golem2God likes this.
  15. Golem2God

@Teslarod When was this?! Triumvirate is a Tohaa & NA-2 sectorial?!

16. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

Not Tohaa & NA2 Sectorial, just NA2 Sectorial.
    It was recently confirmed, I don't remember if it was during the Roundtable at Interplanetary, or something like that.

xagroth and Golem2God like this.
  17. Golem2God

I think that is a slap to the face of Tohaa players. No wonder many of them are hopping mad.

ev0k, xagroth, Hiereth and 1 other person like this.
  18. andre61

andre61 Well-Known Member

Maybe someone made a mistake at CB.

Golem2God likes this.
  19. Golem2God

It would be a great blessing for this faction who has gotten hardly anything for almost two years. I too hope that is the case.

20. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

It's going to be in NA2, there are going to be Mercs, that is all we know for certain.

Obvious assumptions here are that they will use existing Tohaa and Merc troops, as well as new Tohaa and Merc troops.
    Most of the Tohaa troops will then show up in Vanilla as well.

Virtually no difference from how i.e. QK works for Haqq. Just that it will be flying under the NA2 banner for fluff reasons (Tohaa hate the everloving crap out of the Triumvirate. The Triumvirate however don't consider themselves evil and such, they only use any means necessary to beat CA and make themselves rulers of the Galaxy).

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation