1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well, its about time we blow this joint

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by MikeTheScrivener, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

I'll probably use Teuton Panzerfaust.

2. Skoll

Skoll Well-Known Member

Man there is a real hate boner for MO. Id honestly rather they can NCA next half their stuff is ancient, and their playstyle bar a fusilier link is easily found in vanilla.

We'll see what happens when slav hits our shores. Hopefully CB has expanded again by then.

3. Cratesbane

Cratesbane Well-Known Member

I'm a little frustrated at the announcement, even if I shouldn't be. In the other 'discontinued' lines, I gather that the sectorials are not as strong or well liked as more current factions. This may be one of the few examples of a sectorial being in a relatively good place before being retired - the army is much more interesting to play than NCA or MO, and the sculpts are mostly very recent. It does mean that Naga I ordered the Coldfront box over is gonna drop in priority. Not a Shikami level annoyance, but still annoying.
    Only time will tell how powercreep will treat the faction, as various unnamed factions get well optimized profiles with new gear that older equipment is less capable of dealing with. If this is a way of suggesting that the other PanO sectorials have room to grow, and there is a plan in place for exciting new profiles (because you want to sell me models, don't you,) or reworked-profiles-because-nobody-wants-to-field-Teutons? I'm on board. If this is a matter of being unable to sell as many Toni models as Joan/Musashi, stop including them with a second TAG nobody will field at the same time. Except @daboarder

TaHu, Golem2God and kanluwen like this.
  4. SmaggTheSmug

SmaggTheSmug Well-Known Member

It's not as much at MO itself as at that starter.
    It was never good. Well, maybe back in N2 when all HI was slow, but this just highlights that the starter has been unchanged since N2. And it still had the case of too many of one unit in a single starter (especially as back then basic Order Sergeants were also available in a blister separately).

Golem2God likes this.
  5. Skoll

Skoll Well-Known Member

tbh bar the teuton, the starter is pretty decent. Hell if you proxy the teuton as a santiago you can do a great pseduo haris out of the box

TaHu likes this.
  6. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

MO has no Haris, and if you mean 3 man CORE then you are still missing some HI (as other models are 3 combi OS and single TO MSR OS) leaving you only other Magister Knight.

Golem2God likes this.
  7. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

Since I've now bought a Dragoes, does anyone have any cool conversions on them? i'm not crazy about the shoulder mounted gun, I think I've seen a conversion where he's holding it in both hands.

Golem2God likes this.
  8. Skoll

Skoll Well-Known Member

that is why i wrote pseudo haris. For some reason i was thinking the box came with two magisters (probably because i always use the teuton as a magister). Using the OS as all TOFOS, and teuton + magister as two man core to mitigate the frenzy on the magister makes a pretty decent starter.

9. Spooky Mvlder

Spooky Mvlder Member

I think when people refer to Tohaa being the least played faction, they're referring to factions rather than sectorials. Even with sectorials, you still see a lot of the same units on the table like remotes and line infantry.

PanOceania - 1082
    YuJing - 663/833
    Ariadna - 996
    Haqqislam - 840
    Nomads - 1152
    Combined Army - 1067
    Aleph - 797
    Tohaa - 500

Even with this interpretation that Tohaa is the least played, 2019 is the year of the alien.

I don't think this interpretation is relevant in this context, but it's the internet so I couldn't tell if this was rhetorical.

Judge Dredd and Balewolf like this.
  10. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

I'm working on one right now. I'll post it for sure when finished.

One thing that you can take for certain, is that the original ammo belt just has to go.

11. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

They are ugly.

12. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

I think we can all understand Tohaa are a faction, not a sectorial and no faction gets discontinued.

I may need to also remind NA2 with the exception of JSA are not complete self contained factions but a new and unique way to combine your collection of Infinity and play in a new way, so again barring JSA who are there for fluff and practical reasons, no sectorial can go there and to leave space for others.

It is a pragmatic decision that takes into account many factors including the playerbase, I would say if your favourite sectorial goes to the vault you must meet it with some excitement, it means some immediate quality of life patch and a rework down the line when it will be reintroduced.

Berjiz, Melchior and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  13. Pierzasty

Pierzasty Null-Space Entity

If someone kicked my cat I'd meet it with some excitement too.
    But I'm not sure if it's the kind of excitement CB wants.

14. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

Acontecimento & MRRF/FRRM could be alternate choices for people to use for Merc companies (at least in their story lore). I remember @hydra made a Acontecimento Merc company using models form across the Infinity range and some other ranges as well. As someone who has both Acont & MRRF one thing I can look forward to is making both forces a little bit unique model wise. I was even in the middle of converting my Acont force so I guess I made the right move going down that path. Perhaps my MRRF should be next on the list.

paraelix and Pen-dragon like this.
  15. Golem2God

I agree with all of this. It is flabbergasting and some would use the term clusterf**k to discribe it.

Pierzasty and kanluwen like this.
  16. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

And in a similar vein, one could shuffle Military Orders off to NA2 and nobody would tell the difference.
    If Varuna does well, that'll be what gets retired.

17. MikeTheScrivener

please do – I also kind of dislike the little flame-thrower he has in his other hand. I figured as much about the ammo belt, although I would like to find a way to incorporate it somehow

18. Golem2God

I have some pics of a nice conversion I came across a year ago. I'll get right on uploading them here. BRB.

#158 Golem2God, Sep 20, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
  19. Golem2God

20. MikeTheScrivener

I've seen the first one before, it's pretty clever but I think I want to try and do a two handed gun. It's always bother me how TAGs never hold there weapons with two hands.

That second one just looks crazy

A Mão Esquerda and Golem2God like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation