1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well, its about time we blow this joint

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by MikeTheScrivener, Sep 19, 2018.

1. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

It's happened. acontecimento has exploded (probably) and is no more (we think).

Several leaks have lead us to believe that ASA are going to way of the French.
    IMG_2534.jpg

"Continuing with our politics of rotation of products and control of stock, we inform you that in the mouth of November we will proceed with the removal of the products of the shock army of Acontecimento which belong to Panoceania, this will concise with the release of Varuna, Acontecimento Will still be valid to play in its and available on the army, along with new profiles on the 15 of October"

confirmed by Killian:
    IMG_2535.jpg

and the things that are getting axed:
    IMG_2536.jpg

BUT! its not all bad!

We're supposedly getting a small profile boost or buff mid October. Let all raise one for our fallen brothers and start to wildly speculate!

What do you think will be improved? new profiles? will Rao become interesting? IMO it makes sense for CB not to want to support 4 sectorial for a single faction.

2. Commoner1

Commoner1 Well-Known Member

If it's a troll post, it's not funny. If it's no troll post, it's still not funny.

3. Judge Dredd

Judge Dredd Well-Known Member
    Warcor

The sectoral that is arguably one of our strongest atm, quite popular and most respected wing of PanO. There's been several N3 sculpts as well. This is just stupid.

F

4. MikeTheScrivener

not a troll my friend. as of right now it appears very real. CB has been emailing distributors about this today

5. MikeTheScrivener

I mean you have to remember the profiles/ the sectorial itself isn't going anywhere. just some of the models.

Errhile likes this.
  6. Judge Dredd

Warcor

7. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

Of course it is, it's the Sectorial that has people saying "It's not even like playing PanO!".

Why the hell couldn't they ditch the Knights instead?

Shoitaan, AdmiralJCJF, Solar and 2 others like this.
  8. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

If you play Acon, nothing would change except parts of the army getting better. It isn't like we're expecting more minis or rule updates for Acon anyway. In my mind, this would change nothing except giving us better ways to play the Sectorial.

If you're a MRRF player, you were thrilled by what happened. No reason it couldn't be the same for veteran Shock Army players.

grampyseer, volgo, chaos11 and 9 others like this.
  9. kanluwen

Then maybe they should be making Knights a NA2 faction instead of having them in PanO proper...crazy how that works, huh?

Absolutely idiotic choice on their part. Knights have a range and mechanic that would support them being a NA2 faction, if they chose to capitalize upon it.

Death likes this.
  10. Judge Dredd

Warcor

I understand the rules stay. I have all the models. But this is still quite disappointing as we lose all knight of Montesa models. two of our characters and arguably one of the best MI links in game. This isn't like mero where the whole range was well out of date. Many of the models got resculpts not too long ago.

TaHu likes this.
  11. MikeTheScrivener

despite what you may believe but they are very popular!

my thoughts exactly. I expect at least one mixed link and probably a new option or two

Yog.0 and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  12. kanluwen

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Hence the statement of "make them a NA2 faction".
    I hope you lot cheering for this get nothing. I hope you get your army hammered into the dirt.

This is pure incompetence on display.

13. Niebieskooki

Niebieskooki Blue Sun Lieutenant

Difference between these two was that Acon is pretty decent already, while everybody waited for MRRF rebalance since it was considered to be rather weak. The changes they made to MRRF didn't really adress the issues very well. I doubt anyone was THRILLED considering that, it was suggersted many times that MRRF is in fact going to get reworked, not shut down.

AdmiralJCJF, Judge Dredd and kanluwen like this.
  14. gravitypool

gravitypool Well-Known Member
    Warcor

You ain't losing anything guys. It's just the minis won't be in stock anymore. And half acon minis are part of Aleph line so I don't see them being discontinued. Neither will be the Tikbalang as it shares box with the Uhlan. Also, can't Montesa be fielded by MO? So I guess those won't be discontinued either...

Just stock on minis you want before they get out of print.

15. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

Something had to make way for the Snake Eaters. SAA will get some tweaks, likely broader than the faction as a whole, and should be even more fun than they are now.

16. kanluwen

You know that the Montesa is only in the Shock Army starter set, riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight?

TaHu and Judge Dredd like this.
  17. kanluwen

Sure--and then you can't buy anything that isn't in a shared box! Woooooooooooo!

Also, if anything "had to make way for the Snake Eaters" it should have been the Knights. They could have gone NA2 and made way for the Sectorial. Not like you can't remove the few PanO items from MO and be done anyways.

18. McNamara

McNamara Merc Rep

With the proxy rules it just means that you have to buy a box of Bolts and play them as your Bagh Mari as a new player. Nothing else really changes. Or get the Bagh Mari second hand. Simple as that.

sarf and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  19. MikeTheScrivener

do you just enjoy being angry?

Splod, grampyseer, sarf and 17 others like this.
  20. theradrussian

theradrussian Well-Known Member

No you lot. See, we DESERVE this since there must be some start that shows that +1 BS on our line troops necessarily equates to being the red headed stepchild.

Now thank CB! Thank them you ungrateful sub-human pano players! /s

Yeah, this seems like an odd, illogical move. Artists running a business syndrome intensifies...

AdmiralJCJF and kanluwen like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation