1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Varuna news from Gencon

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by barakiel, Aug 4, 2018.

1. MrNailbrain

MrNailbrain Relentless Optimist

No no no the MSR is most likely easiest to convert to a different weapon. And if it is the Red Fury that means I have conversion fodder for other models that use a Red Fairy (Echo Bravo!)

Like my title says there is a way to be optimistic. Also it’s likely a 4 man box of all 4 weapon options (or 3 and a universal proxy)

2. Make PanO Great Again :P

Make PanO Great Again :P Varuna, with the deadliest reptiles in the sphere

When a LRL in a camo unit is the "weak option" i call that a good day

Section9 and colbrook like this.
  3. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

Sure would be nice. Off the top of my head though, I can't think of any Camo unit ever receiving a box set unless they also double as a non-Camo link team (Scots Guard, Ariadna's line troops that can Inferior Infiltrate.)

It seems like Varuna needs a second box somewhere though. Tunguska got starter => Hollowmen => Securitates, and it sounds like the Zondnautica is floating around out there too (sculpts are a WIP I believe.) Varuna will likely have starter => ORCs => ?

I'm curious if there's another Varuna box possibility we're missing or don't know about yet.

4. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

I'd also be interested to see what "random" unit we might get– ala zondnautica, Arjuna, ect.
    something that isn't detailed at all or talked about and just kind of thrown on army the day of the release.

As for boxes, I could see Varuna getting a mixed box 3 of something + 1 of something else.

barakiel likes this.
  5. barakiel

Yeah, those single units can slide under the radar but often end up being a huge part of actual gameplay. Something like the Zondnautica, Mary Problems, Strelok, etc basically got no hype leading up to their respective releases, but now they're a big staple.

MikeTheScrivener likes this.
  6. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

Spetsnaz just got a boxed set, admittedly it's a repackaging of blisters...but two of the three models in there are Ambush Camo. Antipodes have a box.

I know we keep getting people emphasizing the "camo" part of Helots...but I'm still not 100% sold on it. I'm thinking it'll be Limited Camo tied to a state on them.

I think if we were getting Orcs right off the bat, we'd have seen something of them by now.

I'm maintaining Helot box as a thing and a redone Cutter.

Judge Dredd likes this.
  7. MikeTheScrivener

I was thinking Limited with Mimetism tbh.
    A lot of people seem to emphasize a transmutation aspect of them, but im not sure. perhaps two separate profile options you can take.

probably

didn't they just repack the ORCS <1 year ago? a box is possible, especially if it's supposed to be a cornerstone of the sectorial like they're hyped up to be

8. gregmurdock

gregmurdock Extremely Beloved Member

It'll be a catch-all support box: Cobra Zulu jammer, EB red fury, Helot MSR, and weaponless ORC so the five man link isn't impossibly expensive.

9. Riquende

Riquende Well-Known Member

Surely the first weaponless profile is going to go to the Bolts, so there's an excuse for a 10th model of the PanO Poster Boys (and girls) posed in typical 'boxing kangaroo' fashion?

Section9 likes this.
  10. MikeTheScrivener

he comes with CC14 and MA2 with a shock CCW

meikyoushisui likes this.
  11. barakiel

Reminds me of Akalis.

CC15 and PH11 with an E/M CCW. Ugh.

Superfluid and Judge Dredd like this.
  12. Skoll

Skoll Well-Known Member

*hisss

meikyoushisui and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  13. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

I do wonder if we might get a Zulu Cobra box, and if they will be a second "premium Fireteam" option alongside the Kamau.

14. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

*baps with a rolled up Sunday Edition New York Times*

Bad Mike! Don't give CB any ideas!!!!

Yeah, that's a surprisingly low CC skill. Or rather, Kirpal has a surprisingly high CC skill (CC19?!?) with the Akali base. Remember, I usually play YJ/JSA, where a named character is +1CC and maybe +1 level of MA compared to the base unit.

I would have expected Akalis to be higher CC, in the neighborhood of 17 or 18. Sikhs bearing sharp objects is the second most terrifying thing in the subcontinent (Gurkhas bearing sharp objects makes even hardened Afghan mujaheddin veterans who laugh at Americans soil themselves)

EM CCW crits are hilarious, however.

15. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

Funny how how someone slaps Stealth and Courage on Orcs to make them "worse" and everyone calls EWWWWW.

I'd pay 2 points for that Upgrade without blinking. Sure Orcs in Links will still be shit afterwards, making them 2 points more bloated with access to Stealth and Courage doesn't address their actual problems after all. But a Shock CCW and MA2 on their own are not even remotely a bad upgrade for solo HI.

Kinda makes me wonder how little part of the community tries to understands about the inner workings of the game. All the more ironic they feel the need to start bitching and hop on bandwagons.

There are legit reasons to do that already, far from everything is great and rosy.
    Still kinda unneccessary to add your own inventions from make-believe land to that list.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  16. AdmiralJCJF

Or, alternatively, people think it's a rubbish direction for the unit regardless of the mechanical utility.

Stiopa likes this.
  17. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

Don't know what to tell you if you consider Orcs getting MA2 at their current CC a real possibility man.
    Really at a loss over here.

I'd consider the chances homeopathic.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  18. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

You apparently missed the point that said ORC was going to have no other weapons but the CCW.

[ edit ] That's why he got bapped, for proposing an ORC with nothing but CCW.

19. AdmiralJCJF

I never said I thought it was likely.

But I think that shitting on people calling that out as a bad design direction for the ORCs is dumb.

If nothing else it's too much what Knights are already.

Stiopa likes this.
  20. Make PanO Great Again :P

Make PanO Great Again :P Varuna, with the deadliest reptiles in the sphere

that one hurts..... specially when it´s most of our HI

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation