1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Request to the Yu Jing Community

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by cbb, Sep 13, 2018.

1. cbb

cbb Member

So, this community seems like it has a bunch of info on how to play various pieces on the board. I'm getting drawn into the faction as a relatively new player (and without an experienced Yu Jing player in my meta), but it's a bit tough to find good reference material. The podcasts out there on the faction are fantastic, but are difficult to go back and reference about individual pieces. Example would be the Hac Tao: I've listened to a few podcasts talk about him, but I'd be hard pressed to go back and compare notes on them.

Could we start putting some of our knowledge into something like the Infinity Tactics Wiki? https://infinitythetactics.com/Infinity_Tactics_Wiki

I know personally I'd much appreciate some more detail on the following units:
    • Hac Tao
    • Yan Huo
    • Guilang
    • Daofei

Alternatively, is there a place I could go to start collating information? I know that putting bad information up on the internet could spark people into fixing it :smile:

Maksimas likes this.
  2. Joametz

Joametz Chinese Empire in Space enthusiast

3. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

•Hac Tao
    I've really fallen in love with the multi-rifle hacker variants. He becomes one of the most stalwart and reliable button pushers in the game, and the two different hacking devices provide plenty of their own utility. The killer device functions as a marvelous defensive tool, discouraging enemy hackers from targetting a traditional weakness of heavy infantry. The assault device turns the Hac Tao into a hunter of its own kind, giving it a potent toolkit to threaten HI and TAGs from any angle.
    The HMG and Missile launcher options offer plenty of their own potency, but can come off as being just a worse version of a Swiss Guard's toolkit. I've been finding that he really shines when he can get up close and mess with his enemies in a more personal fashion. It can require a solid investment of orders to do, but it's worth it. The amount of options he's presented with in those mid-close ranges can be absolutely overwhelming for an opponent to deal with.

•Guilang
    It's just an all around great unit. For everything it can do, it's all spelled out pretty clearly on the tin. If you can think of a clever thing to be doing with it at any given moment, you should probably do it. The Guilang might lack the muscle to push things around, but it has the toolkit that will let your own big guns do their work. No matter what you end up taking as your main movers, you should always have a Guilang or two to support them. Forward observers and minelayers offer the most immediate value, although the hacker variant can also put in serious work. Sniper profile is often a trap, so avoid using it unless you have a specific plan for it.

•Daofei
    One of the most savage and annoying units in the game. Unlike many other gimmicky forward pushing offensive units, the Daofei has the resilience to really get stuck in once he gets going. He makes for an amazing active Lt, just make sure you end your turns with him in marker state after he's had his fun.

VeronaKid113, cbb and Joametz like this.
  4. Dragonstriker

Dragonstriker That wizard came from the moon.

5. Maksimas

Maksimas Heavy Infantry Addict Maxim

I'd agree with the Missile Launcher option being a worse Swiss Guard ( Due to lack of a LSG. ), but the HMG version I'd call a more versatile profile than the Swiss HMG. Mostly because the Hac Tao trades that one point of BS for a Nanopulser and enough CC potential that it's JUST enough to be usable once in a blue moon to stab a TO/ODD skirmisher in the back. Pretty useful all around, I suppose.

cbb and Joametz like this.
  6. banthafodder

banthafodder Well-Known Member

cbb and Paegis like this.
  7. cbb

cbb Member

Dragonstriker likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation