1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Combat boots and high heels.

Discussion in 'Ariadna' started by MATRAKA14, Sep 6, 2018.

?

Do you like ariadna combat boots with high heels?

1. No, they are strange.

60 vote(s)
    63.2%
  2. Yes, they enhance the miniature.

35 vote(s)
    36.8%
  1. Pierzasty

Pierzasty Null-Space Entity

We were too distracted by the sudden lack of a bare midriff to notice.

2. HowardDeanFan

HowardDeanFan Member

Always hated the combat heels. In the same way I hate the different HI (Or "armored") models for women. It just looks terrible and is utterly dumb. If you have a Heavy Armor, there's no reason for it to be skin tight on one group of people but big and bulky on another. The "female" Mobile Brigada for instance just looks emaciated and nothing like the "male" version.

Like, I get aesthetics. I actually like the Riot Grrls, Reverends, Odalisque and the ALEPH stuff. They have designs that kind of match their background but still manage to be very cyberpunky and cool. Sometimes though it runs up against a wall when you have, say, two anorexic Magister Knights who look like they painted on their armor standing next to two beef boys. It just looks bad.

Similarly hate "tacticool" outfits that have high heel boots. I don't need every part of the model to try and inform me of the models sex ya'll.

mameluke and faultie like this.
  3. Yvain

Yvain Well-Known Member

I like the combat heels in Ariadna. And by that I mean I like that I can hardly notice them and so I can pretend they are not there.

faultie, Bellyflop and Deltervees like this.
  4. Cabaray

Cabaray Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Heels have a purpose. Not only to make a women look taller (making her help spot targets). But also to angle her booty up and make her back curve more prominent. With heels you can turn a sack of potatoes, bootylycious! It will make every opponent think twice about shooting such a fine specimen, helping her to get those well needed crits. These are spanish minis, so chances are high that the guys are assman. So the ladies wear heels to stay alive. And therefor need no armor. ARM is short for Ass Repels Munition.

At least, that is how it works in my games.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk

5. Jandrus

Jandrus We're naught but humble pirates!

Its simplier than that. From yesterday to today and beyond, militar equipment designers are dumbs. Someone somewhere though it would be good for female soldiers, and the politicians where too busy spending their comissions to tell the truth.

6. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

High heels once served a purpose on cavalry. Not so much these days. Stirrups have changed a fair bit since then and tanks don't need stirrups.

They serve a purpose on the Knight Sabers (Priss, especially) since they slot into her motoslave) but not so much in this game.

Sure, they make the girls stick their booty out, but it seriously f*cks their posture (back and lower leg issues) and they'll bitch about the pain from the heels as well as the pain in the wallet from them, but don't you dare take their Manolos off them ...

Dragonstriker likes this.
  7. Káosz Brigodéros

Káosz Brigodéros Vanguard, Inc.

Sooooooo bikers should have high heels, foot soldiers shouldn't. But if politicians are stupid everyone should have them.
    My take: high heels for everyone!

Jandrus likes this.
  8. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

Not really. Just look for Biker Boots on the net. If they are not Cowboy style or intended for Hells Angels wanebees they have flat soles.
    And are the most praktikal from my point of view.

faultie and Káosz Brigodéros like this.
  9. mameluke

mameluke Active Member

Combat heels are the worst. They literally make zero sense. If you're into combat heels, why mess around, why not just go full heel?

[​IMG]

This is what boots are supposed to look like:
    [​IMG]

faultie likes this.
  10. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Hell, one pair of my boots had a 2" heel on them. Not combat boots, though. Hunting boots.

No stiletto spikes, though, those had a big contact patch under the heel.

I'd be more OK with a 2" non-stiletto heel than the current combat heels.

11. geo67

geo67 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm not sure , but the heel on my military boot was about an inch. Not a stiletto tho. There is no way you are gonna hump a 60+ lb pack all day with a stiletto heel. LOL. Or, try wreaking havoc in an ambush with one of those bad boys!!! LOL. Talk about a broken ankle. But, I've seen women run in those things, no problem.

faultie likes this.
  12. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Probably sounds snide but if I wanted reality, i'd be playing historical games. Realistic is not the first thing I think of with Infinity.

13. Niebieskooki

Niebieskooki Blue Sun Lieutenant

That's true. But I also prefer my miniatures to carry weapons that looks like guns and not huge yellow bananas that shoot smaller bananas, even if there is an explanation for that in the lore, if you catch my drift.

Zsolt, mameluke, Modock and 3 others like this.
  14. Pen-dragon

Pen-dragon Deva

I personally like combat heels on miniatures. I think the heels look good, and they don't trigger my suspension of disbelief overly hard. That said, I fully realize not everyone has the same tastes as me. I like that some Infinity miniatures have heels and some don't. A little bit for everyone. Of all the factions, I think combat heels are most out of place on Ariadna miniatures. Ariadna tends to have more down to earth designs (werewolves and exploding hammers aside)

geo67 likes this.
  15. Brother Smoke

Brother Smoke Bureau Trimurti Representative

To be fair, most Ariadnan "heels" are more like "wedges" which I hear are comparatively easier to maneuver in

barakiel likes this.
  16. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I want that! To go with my yellow submarine infiltrating Morats :)

17. andre61

andre61 Well-Known Member

I like the combat heels, I think the models look a lot more sexy. I think we are making way too much about this.

18. benn

benn Well-Known Member

I hope they keep the combat heels on the marut for the inevitable resculpt/double marut box.

19. mameluke

mameluke Active Member

Actually, this is reality, we live in a misogynistic world after all. Shouldn't want the imaginary sci-fi future to be different?

20. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

eek, glad to see the conversation headed this way......

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation