1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Robot_Jones Fan Art

Discussion in 'FanArt' started by robot_jones, Nov 24, 2017.

1. Icchan

Icchan Well-Known Member

Your skills have improved massively since you first posted on the old forums. Love your style.

robot_jones likes this.
  2. theGricks

theGricks Well-Known Member

That's a good redone Felix! I also love the kawaii asura :P

jherazob and robot_jones like this.
  3. robot_jones

robot_jones BEES!

Thank you! Yeah, someone posted a couple of of my old drawings on wgc and they were super bad compared to now lol. So I definitely feel like I've improved since

Thanks! IIRC Pari's original request was for combat analysis and just adopted by the requester's RPG group - I did not take this request because it was already fulfilled by another artist. /tg/ decided to make her the HVT. My interpretation was that she's a human observation aspect. Aleph has several different models that just does people watching. This one wandered in on some shady dealings and the dire foes are send out to deal with it so the info doesn't get into the wrong hands.

Still working on Amba and I'm looking to push the "jungle fighter" look further and separate her from the base Regular/Bagh Mari. I think we agreed on a tactical bikini + harness lol

4. stevenart74

stevenart74 Well-Known Member

I concur that the yet good excellence of Your art has even reached another, further level of "Optimization". . .

I also notice a distinct inspirational style in the manga-styled faces of Your characters, especially the female ones, that brings to Me quite the works of Hayao Myazaki, and also of His son, Goro Myazaki. . .

Did You searched it as a direct source of inspiration, or is just a coincidental choice of selecting a specific style of Manga-Styled drawings (I'm very partial to Masamune Shirow style, but is quite difficult to properly homage !!). . .

Anyway, keep up the gorgeous work. . . . . .!!!

robot_jones and Golem2God like this.
  5. robot_jones

robot_jones BEES!

Dire Foes: Teasing Gambit. Trap Games. Torrential Gush. Top Gun. I guess it's a working title lol. For now it's just Dire Foes: /tg/ Edition.
    This was the original concepts. Felix was drawn by SmaggtheSmugg and I drew Amba as a random pickup request.
    1487289671224_by_mynameisrobotjones_dazotpa_by_mynameisrobotjones-dcmhr14.png
    Since they undergone through a redesign (without their permissions lol) as a little project with /tg/
    dire_foes___tg__edition_by_mynameisrobotjones-dcmhqhp.jpg
    amba_felix_1_by_mynameisrobotjones-dcmht08.jpg
    amba_felix_2_solo_by_mynameisrobotjones-dcmht0i.jpg

Amba is suppose to have a Heavy Shotgun, but I ended up with a modified sawedoff-look of a beefier Boarding Shotgun. At one point I had a triple barreled shotgun sketched out, but I prefer the single. Still working on their HVT, Pari's, solo art. Also I can't resize them from where I am now, so you can find the larger pics here

Enjoy responsibly!

That's WAY too high of praise to be compared to the masters in any way lol, but I appreciate the nice words, thanks!! As for style: the anime style is my default style since it's something I grew up with. I switched to a more realistic look for the last few years to practice anatomy, direct-to-canvas style, etc etc etc etc. I recently switched back to it with these last several sketches. Feels like a breeze, and I've been having a lot of fun with it.

#65 robot_jones, Sep 10, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
    nazroth, DaRedOne, KwarkyMats and 5 others like this.
  6. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

@robot_jones They both look better with the adjustments. I wonder what @SmaggTheSmug will think about this?

You think that after finishing the HVT Paris that you will do more Dire Foes character sketches?

Perhaps I can give you an idea for a character in the next series? My current evolving drawing skills won't do them justice but I'll reach a level good enough to share my ideas on the forums. However, seeing what you have done to Felix has made me wonder what you would/could do with one of my character ideas in making it your own. If you're interested in something of that manner or not let me know.

7. robot_jones

robot_jones BEES!

@Golem2God It just so happened I was already working on Dire Foes: TG when discussion of the character came up, so I decided to involve /tg/ in the process. I'm going to be reworking that Atalanta I did some time back, and already have plans on some haqq stuff and probably Kingdom Death here and there. Not that I'm interested or not interested - right now I just prefer to just relax and draw just whatever comes to mind.

jherazob, Icchan and Golem2God like this.
  8. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

As an artist and a person I understand that line of thinking. I hope that your projects turn out great and you're satisfied with them.

Still if you wish to take me up on my idea in the future feel free to pm me in a conversation. Thank you for replying to my question in a respectful manner.

9. SmaggTheSmug

SmaggTheSmug Well-Known Member

That it's very nice, but I prefer Felix to have baggy pants. Especially in the crotch area; I know how will it sound, but he looks like a flat girl, with no ambiguity to him here! Though it's hard to me to nitpick RJ's art as his style is much more refined than mine.

My GF says he has girly hips, but I think that's more or less the point. Especially with this leotard.

Anyway, I loved seeing the redesign. You guys may remember that I tend to lurk /tg/ more than this forum.

jherazob, robot_jones and Golem2God like this.
  10. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Ambra is really supposed to wear this "humble" bikini ?

11. Macbain

Macbain Professional Shitposter

Yes.

12. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Big meh.

emperorsaistone likes this.
  13. Macbain

Macbain Professional Shitposter

If it were any smaller you could just paint her with no bra.

14. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Why are you so ignorant when it comes to art ?

15. robot_jones

robot_jones BEES!

And here's their Aleph HVT
    pareeeee_resized.jpg
    pareeeee_3_resized.jpg
    Yeah, I alway thought he was a trap, so went for much less ambiguity. Also I suck at drawing dudes lol. Also I said redesign but these three are really just fanart.

She sure is. I decided to fully push the jungle fighter idea and someone suggested a tactical bikini with example pic by Satou Shouji (on of my favs). Also I may have been watching/listening to Predator and Commando, and really wanted to show off Amba's muscles. "Humble" or not, it's not without reason.

#75 robot_jones, Sep 12, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
  16. Icchan

Icchan Well-Known Member

That Aleph HVT reminded me a little of the girl in Laputa. Nice.

robot_jones and theGricks like this.
  17. robot_jones

robot_jones BEES!

odalisque_haris_final_resized.jpg
    Enjoy!

#77 robot_jones, Oct 31, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
  18. stevenart74

stevenart74 Well-Known Member

Wonderful stuff as usual. . .

You are a MARVELOUS Concept Artist. . .

Golem2God and robot_jones like this.
  19. robot_jones

robot_jones BEES!

4924097_700b.jpg

20. emperorsaistone

emperorsaistone Well-Known Member

Finally something from you again. Great stuff...but what does Spitty have on her mind? She is looking a bit troubled...

Golem2God likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation