1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ITS 10 For Druze Bestram Security

Discussion in 'Druze Bayram Security' started by Scrap square, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Scrap square

Scrap square angry beta male

[​IMG]

Whatup,

How do you think ITS 10 will affect us? (Other than people getting confused about Xenotech models, Jesus..)

The missions seem pretty decent, some are pretty damn good for LeDruze. I love Frostbyte holy crap. Saito chopping up HVAC units and the frozen guys around him.

"Bravery" - The FD lvl 1 for all MI is uh pretty damn big for us. I personally am going to start running 5 man Space Hutu teams, especially using the Panzerfaust units.

Air Deployment Units get to land without their circular template needed. - Who cares lmao, AD 2+ is just a play style crutch for bad factions.

Classifieds now need vets and special troops more often. It seems we fit that bill pretty damn well with our Veteran FD'ing MI with viral pistols.

Characters become Veteran Troopers- If you're relying on this you probably did something wrong.

Honestly overall I really dig the outlook for us in S10 especially the CC and recovery classifieds. It will be interesting to see how many nerds you can EM lgl from deployment. And just how many Druze you can fit into CC with that Fusileer paramedic hiding behind your opponents poorly painted Antenocities workshop bubble car.

Also ARMORY MISSIONS ARE BACK HOOAH. So ready to hose the walls down with Nomad furry blood/anime weirdos limbs.

SO
    What are your guys' thoughts on S10 for Druze? Bonus points if you have game reports to add to this thread/music that makes you think of Druze.

#1 Scrap square, Sep 4, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  2. jfunkd

jfunkd hard forum hittin Carlos
    Warcor

ITS 10 will be good for DBS.

FD1 Druze shock teams will give traditional mixed fireteams a lot more freedom at deployment and will go a long way for making up the 4-2 movement. It a great skill to get, and synergizes well with the other deployment shenanigans in DBS.

Also full Druze cores are now more viable, and they weren't terrible before but now they get a nice benefit for trading in the strengths of the mixed teams.

There are probably some hidden benefits in the new scenarios and classifieds, but I haven't had time to read them all yet.

Q.A.I. likes this.
  3. b1ackheart

b1ackheart Well-Known Member

A big Druze core team is looking good both for DBS and also for QK, time to get that Killer Hacker to earn her pay pushing midfield buttons as well as popping other hacker's heads

4. Scrap square

Aight hold with me on this one. Do you think it's still worth it/possible to run the mixed link, with the FD Druze? I'm trying it tonight if possible with a Clipper. I think the army as a whole is going to be a lot more aggressive now, especially with positioning. Which might relegate the Clipper out of my try hard lists. Definitely looking into brawlers in the link as their 4-4 will catch them up faster than usual.

5. jfunkd

Warcor

Of course it is possible and worth it, mixed fireteams with the new rule only got better.

FD1 is only 4". That's well within fireteam coherency for the linked units that need to deploy in the DZ.

By deploying the Druze Shock team units forward of the DZ, you actually get more freedom at deployment than mixed fireteams had last season, and you get to make up for the MI's slower movement by putting them forward of the line. Not every map will allow that deployment freedom, but most tend to.

Not every list strategy or fireteam will want to be mixed, going all Shock teams will make sense if it suits your playstyle or scenario strategy.

Especially with the way I play them where I plan on reinforcing the core with a Fireteam duo that's near the core, it's a welcome change. My strategy is all about reforming the link, so if the Clipper and Brawler sniper don't die, I can reform with the duo and get leave the ARO units in place if it makes sense.

Even if you don't reform the link, then the brawlers, Gromoz, Clipper, all have 4-4 movement, they will catch up to the Druze if they advance aggressively. The whole team will start out and move in a much more efficient and logical manner than before the change.

All-Druze cores are def better than before, but it's silly that people think they need to take them to maximize FD 1 on the Druze. Like I said, it's only a 4" boost and just think how narrow that band is in scenarios with exclusion zones. Now imagine trying to fit a whole fireteam in that band with good positioning. If your play experience is anything like mine is, it won't always be possible to fit the entire team in that band and still have good deployment.

Also, you'll only take my linked Brawler Sniper from my cold, dead hands.

#5 jfunkd, Sep 6, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  6. Cthulhu363

Cthulhu363 May his passage cleanse the world.

Don't forget the classified that only medium infantry can do! word on the street is that we have a couple of those lying around...

7. Scrap square

I had a few games last night for ITS 10, no actual reports on my blog because I was quite drunk and forgot to take photos/have been on a sabbatical from my phone because I hate waiting around for women to text me back. Something something rage against the modern world.

Anyways we played:
    -Chill zone 69 (Frostbyte)
    -Hunting party (Absolute nightmare)

Chillerzone- VS Tunguska
    I ran a 5 man Druze link
    HMG
    EM
    KHD
    PARA
    PANZER
    I wouldn't try the Paramedic, not really worth it over a panzerfaust
    I actually went second to take advantage of the heating units and Saito lmao.
    I killed his dumb impetuous bike things in ARO, he layed cyber mines out and killed my Brawler MSR with one of the hollowmen link and shot pitchers everywhere.
    I hacked his Hollowman then shot it to death with hmg, killed all but one in the link with HMG. EM'd some Light infantry nerds.

He came back and killed my Panzerfaust and pushed me slightly off the center exclusion zone. I killed his Hecklers at this point leaving him with a mangled link team and some scattered hacker dudes. But I had some issues with the exclusion zone and only MI. Since the link would be killed if they stayed I had to move move them out of it, then use my data tracker (EM) irregular to move back into the zone @ the end of the game to secure the exclusion zone.

At the end of the game I had saito run like 16 inches and blow their heating unit up then run back into his closer zone to survive.

Honestly Frostbyte isn't super hard for us. I would definitely pick a TAG into it so you don't have to worry about your link team potentially dying in the exclusion zone. Going second is probably the better option unless you are terrible at deploying.

Hunting party- VS CA
    All I can say is just use the EM LGL. It was dead easy even if I had no idea what I was doing at this point. Just isolate everything. If you can prepare for it, just take a Druze LT or gasp Arslan.
    I glue gunned a stupid amount of stuff with the Druze link. At one point my entire Druze link team gave a poor isolated and Immobilized Charotnid a boot party. All 5 just kicked it to death, hilarious.

Looking at the missions more and actually playing them I've got some more thoughts:
    -Tags are a good choice more often than not unfortunately.
    -The FD buff is actually really worth running a 5 man Druze team. Whilst you can link non Druze still because of Mov differences. The power of 5 Druze midfield is not to be understated, viral pistols and DTW ruin midfielders day.
    -Saito is still one of the best picks in the game for the majority of missions.

I'm actually looking at running Arslan now, just to give the Druze team an extra "Wound".

McNamara likes this.
  8. Scrap square

Updaterino.

CHilly underwear VS TOhaa (Frostbyte)

Tohaa are still easily the worst decision CB has ever made. But that aside I ran:
    Scarface
    Saito
    Brawler MSR
    Brawler doc
    Brawler LT
    Brawler AHD
    KHD
    HMG
    EM Druze
    Pathfinder
    Hunzkaut
    FUgazi

He had:
    Sukiel ML
    Sukiel HMG
    3x makaul
    2x baggage bots
    Rasail viral combi
    2x Gao rael snipers
    3x kameel
    2x Kaeltar

I made a weird decision to keep the Brawler sniper up as an ARO piece in the link. Which was an awesome idea, and totally worth it. Usually I like him for active turn, but this was an experiment. He killed the Sukiel HMG outright and stripped the gao rael of his symbio before he died. He activated 2x consoles and camped out in the middle with a triad and a back up triad with the Sukiel ML.

Saito appeared, smoked and then chopped through the remaining part of his Sukiel HMG triad, and his Rasail.

My HMG killed his Kaeltar, and makaul, then was crit by a gao rael. I hid scarface in the back this entire time.

He moved into the center trying to cover the last console from my Hunzkaut.

My hunzkaut goes full hero mode. Klls Gao rael (Surprise shot) Kills makaul, camos, moves and kills other makaul. Then moves and kills his data tracker while surviving 4 aros. Scarface is now free to run up, activate console and kill his gao rael, then run back to DZ and hide.

My opponent conceded.

Mission wise:
    TAG for data tracker is great, especially scarface for the 6-4. Honestly strategy wise, try to secure 2 consoles and blow their front heater obviously. That or just cut them off from the consoles with Hunz mines/Sniper Aro.

Keep your DT alive, and try to get him half way to the exclusion zone. The exclusion zone is so big, if you're going first you might as well FD your Druze as close as possible.

Druze actually weren't a super big deal this match, with Saito and the Hunzkaut stacking bodies the whole time. I'm really leaning towards running two Hunzkaut for this mission. Maybe even with an LGL.

McNamara likes this.
  9. jfunkd

Warcor

I know I probably sound like a broken record to most DBS players at this point, because I persistently advocate the Brawler MSV-2 as an ARO unit. It is literally the reason I am comfortable starting reactive with DBS.

BS 15, B 2, DAM 15 DA with MSV-2 is scary AF for an ARO.

MSV-2 means she invalidates the protections most units rely on to eliminate fireteams or avoid across the board AROs. Any camo or smoke suddenly doesn't cut it for taking her out. She can outrange linked HMGs at deployment, and even if they get into a good range band she still has decent odds of disrupting a favorable activation for your opponent. White noise and Albedo avoid her, but don't impose a -6 if she's shot at because of sixth sense level 2.

Anecdotally, I have had her kill multiple units in ARO in more matches than I can count, drop or stop several TAGs who chose direct engagement, put several wound on Achilles in multiple games before going down to him, and generally create so much area denial that 1st turn scoring for my opponent is difficult and the whole turn goes into eliminating her.

She's a beast in the active turn too in the right circumstances, but I feel like the Brawler Sniper in the fireteam core in DBS is one of the best AROs in the game. Using her unlinked or in a harris is not letting her live up to her potential IMO, but there are still situational reasons why someone may play her that way.

#9 jfunkd, Sep 14, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
    McNamara likes this.
  10. McNamara

McNamara Merc Rep

Sounds like the Kamau Sniper will be bonkers in Varuna! :D

jfunkd likes this.
  11. jfunkd

Warcor

Yeah, that's objectively a better ARO than the Brawler for sure.

This is exactly what one of my locals keeps telling me while cursing at my Sniper. I think I will end up paying dearly for the pain she has caused him when Varuna drops.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation