1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TAK Speculation

Discussion in 'Ariadna' started by Wombat85, May 20, 2018.

1. tdc

tdc ALEPH Fragment
    Warcor

you've just reminded me of tweaking the Red Alert ini files in order to make the tanks shoot attack dogs xD

faultie and Stiopa like this.
  2. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Deltervees, WarHound, faultie and 3 others like this.
  3. Kreslack

Kreslack Unknown Ranger lead the way!

Wow, that's quite the list. Man that basically killed Vanilla and USARF in one blow though. I REALLY didn't want to see more bikes, That's the most disappointing thing on this list. Kazaks have already stepped on USARF hard enough, now they're stomping on them and taking their lunch money too. My vanilla lists tend to mostly feature kazaks with just a tiny smattering of volunteers and chasseurs. Now I feel vanilla will be a rare pick for me. [Unless I want to go really nuts of the camo infiltrators] Really hoping that the november update is kind to USARF.

Otherwise I'm super pumped. Everything in here looks amazing. Kazaks are going to be mean.
    - 112's getting a link option over Kazak Doctors feels really odd. I feel this may be inaccurate. 5 doctors ava. seems almost excessive.
    -Voronin getting a link option is really neat, though I hope he gets a profile overhaul to go with it too.
    -Four spetsnaz sounds nightmarish, could be some scary lists built around them.
    -I can see my streloks frequently beating scouts for spots in my list.
    -I was kinda hoping vet kazaks could be taken in a full link. I really like the idea of them getting duo, still hope we can take more than two in a special core. though I would have loved to see a haris option.
    -New Tractor Mul has me super curious, wonder if it will be a larger gun bot. Maybe a proper total reaction.
    -I'm excited to see what the scot merc could be, surprised we haven't seen any art yet. I'm hoping for a heavy infantry
    -Despite my dire hatred of bikers in infinity. I like Carmen Jones, I think she has a cool design and pairing with an antipode could be fun.
    -More Irmandinhos are always welcome. looks like Kazaks will have no shortage of smoke.

So many fun looking potential builds I can already think of. I'm gonna have a great time with Kazaks.

Looking them over, With their lack of infiltrators I think they are going to struggle offensively in the midfield during deployment, but dominate defensively. Wide and cheap availability of smoke will give lots of movement options, and couple with a strong opening defense will be looking to then either break out with some strong linked units, or counter punch with hard hitting camo tokens like antipodes, spetsnaz, or tank hunters.

#703 Kreslack, Aug 31, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
    faultie likes this.
  4. Yvain

Yvain Well-Known Member

So being one of the USA whiners, I asked a general question to Guiter. It seems they are aware of this problem in general.

Gutier explained this year they wanted to release a new starter set. The starter set is there for new players first. Its built that way to allow new players ease of access or wow factor. This explains presence of units like the ratnik, big center piece for you to get excited about. Yes they know Vet players will by them. When building TAK, discussions of gaps came up. Things like mobility, lack of infiltrators, and cheaper units came out. So they decided to add Streloks and Fronts to fill in those perceived weaknesses despite them maybe not been something vanilla needed.

Natural during the Q&A, I asked him basically is this a design shift to favor sectorials. He said the team was surprised to learn that a lot of people play ONLY sectorials and don't even try vanilla. They are still less than vanilla players according to the numbers. CB uses ITS data as their baseline, but recognizes that it is only a partial picture. They do read forum posts, talk to players in person, read blogs etc etc to help give the people what they want. Regardless, in some cases yes they know about the holes in sectorial armies. In others he said no. He specifically mentioned he though PanO sectorial balance was pretty solid.

The way he worded things, I think was he was alluding to is that some time in the future they are looking to make updates sectorials more independent with new profiles and units as well as older updates. But don't expect a every faction to get everything still.

I also asked him how they release stuff based on other comments he said. Specifically, I said something along the lines what is to keep a Scot or USA player interested because assumably TAK will get most of the releases. The way CB looks at things, expect it to be a sectorial window for most of the releases. Right now we are on TAK will get most of the releases for Ariadna in a bursts. He explained its better as a whole for the design process so everyone can be on the same page.

So some time in the future we could probably expect some updates to fill in our own spots. No real clue as to when though. It might be when the next book drops.

Cthulhu Fhtagn! likes this.
  5. Stiopa

Yeah, I hope It's the Kazak Doc that will be linked. Though he might simply got a note "counts as a Line Kazak for fireteam composition".

Vet Kazaks have Core, Haris and Duo if I see correctly.

New Traktors got me extremely interested

And seven troopers with Smoke Grenades and PH 14 sounds awesome. And that's not counting Antipode Controller or bike smoke launchers.

Yeah, the whole army seems to speak "Can't be done? Hold my vodka, yankee" :sunglasses:

WarHound and tdc like this.
  6. Tongfa

Tongfa ULTRA INSTINCT UKR

My two cents - the strongest part of the TAK list is literally the proliferation of Antipodes. Because TAK has Strelok Antipodes, they unlike Vanilla Ariadna don't need to commit their Assault Packs as Sensor units - the packs can literally just be 2x furry missiles that will kill the toughest shooty models in your opponent's list. The 15 point Antipode component of the Assault Pack trading up twice can be crippling.

Moreover, it acts as a limiter on your opponent's aggression with their big pieces, say Swiss Guard models. Your opponent becomes reluctant to get too ambitious with his Swiss, because he knows that as soon as he reveals that piece out of TO camo, a furry cruise missile that only has to be a furry cruise missile will be heading his way. And you have TWO Assault Packs.

Off the topic of antipodes, the Stretloks only have Forward Deployment Lvl2 is actually a good thing for keeping their points down. People have long been wising up to camo tricks, and have routinely been deploying multiple sniffer/sensor bots - so getting too greedy with initial deployment by pushing directly the midfield isn't so advisable.

Even without knowing what a couple of the units in TAK do, they might be even stronger than Vanilla Ariadna. The 2x Assault Packs, the minor points optimization of Stretloks and 2x Assault Packs more than makes up for missing out on old favourites like the Chasseur, Cateran and Uxia.

ZlaKhon and WarHound like this.
  7. Stiopa

I can't wait to field two Assault Packs and watch the carnage, but I think AVA 4 on both Spetznaz and Streloks is a bigger thing. That's 16 Camo markers on table, and that's before adding Scouts or Tankhunters to the mix.

In reactive they might be countered pretty easily by Sensor bots and Sniffer nets. But if we could limit the bots mobility...

8. Tongfa

Tongfa ULTRA INSTINCT UKR

The mind boggles >:)

Tbh my Antipodes (god bless em) don't tend to live past their Active turn.

9. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

Strelok can be minelayer so it can be even more than that : 3 Strelok minelayer + 1 strelok antipode + 3 spetsnaz camo => 18 camo marker (20 if you add the marksman rifle Vassily).

Limited insertion against kazak will be a pain, even with a sensor as there will be fake camo marker everywhere

Stiopa likes this.
  10. Alri

Alri Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I just hope that the Dynamos will have some military look. Since everything in the faction have basicaly elite Ariadna military look. I would be sad if the look of the motorbikes killed the overall theme.

Barracuda, Scooper396 and Stiopa like this.
  11. Valette

Valette Active Member

Right-hand column, third down: something like Pavel Alexei McManus? Symbol appears to include a Saltire. Any rumours on this guy? Hopefully it's a cool new character which CHA will get also!

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  12. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

I'm not super bothered about infinite camo markers though. If I see 8 markers in the deployment zone and 8 in the field, I'll just focus on the objective and kill them as they pop out or through slowly hunting them down, Spetz and Streloks are good but they're 1 wound 30+ and 20+ pt minis with barely any armour and quite low stats. Also beware sensorbots...

13. Yvain

Yvain Well-Known Member

He didn't go into any detail on anything here except for Carmen Johns.

As suspected she comes from the movie, the reason she is in TAK vs USA is because she is a fugitive in USA. Assumably for murder of the GI vs getting murdered her self. For those not familiar Carmen Jones is basically WW2 Carmen opera remake.

The DA wrench is there because she is supposed to be one of the riveter factory workers in the Rosie fluff. The riveters are supposed to be pretty tough crew hence the DA.

14. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

I hope they're the most over the top Russian trope imaginable. It's only fair since USARF got stuck with the godawful Desperadoes and Hardcases.

They should be hairy as all hell, huuuuuuuge moustaches, ridiculous furred hats, and doublefisting vodka.

#714 kanluwen, Aug 31, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
    AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  15. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

Jesus. They're only just now realizing that "a lot of people ONLY play sectorials"?

I've been saying this since N3 dropped that a lot of the people I've seen interested in getting into the game want to start with a themed army--not the mishmashed garbage that is vanilla.

Mask, AdmiralJCJF and Stiopa like this.
  16. faultie

faultie New Member

You ever get the feeling you picked the wrong sectorial?

Damn CB, you tricked me good on USARF. Well played.

Randomcallsign and kanluwen like this.
  17. Cthulhu Fhtagn!

Cthulhu Fhtagn! Active Member

Well, i dont really care for her because my problems with TAK going far beyond one charakter but the explanation why she has a DA CCW Wrench is as stupid as the weapon it self. Pretty Tough eh? Our Dog Warriors and Devil Dogs are PH 16 but that seems too weak for an anti material CCW.

18. TriggerPuller9000

TriggerPuller9000 Poverty Orde Wingate

One observation about Kazaks - a lot of their hitter units have high AVA but going all-in on one means skipping out on the others.

For example, 4 Spetsnaz sounds great til you realize it will clock in at around 140 points for them. 4 Tankhunters will come in around 15-20 points less.

At a certain point you're buying redundancy rather than flexibility. I'm a lot more interested in running different mixtures of these types of solo aggro pieces. You *could* run 4 Spets but I'm not sure it would really be optimal. Instead of spamming these power units, I think TAK's real value will be in flexibility to either dabble or spam a theme (not to be taken as negative connotation). You can take Antipodes for sensor, but you can get said Antipodes a few different ways instead of relying on just Packs to do that lifting. Or, you can take two packs, some Streloks and Carmen and go all-in. You can take a Spetsnaz or two for long-range ARO removal, or you can take four. In all of these cases, I think balanced lists will prevail over heavily-themed lists.

prophet of doom likes this.
  19. Jandrus

Jandrus We're naught but humble pirates!

She hits in sensible parts. That hit that make any other seeing the hit protect hteir own sensible parts.

20. MATRAKA14

MATRAKA14 Well-Known Member

Has nobody noticed the new tracktor mul in the background art with a big long black fire road. Please be an autocannon please be an autocannon!
    There is a rusian remote tank uran9 that looks similar.

Also im happy with the veteran core, kazak pain train.

Vanilla ariadna is amaizing and i LOVE the mix of troops.

Are you serious? You need to be joking. Have you tried them?

Man I have usarf and even seeing TAK I think it remains strong by itself. Those 20 order lists full of grunts and optimized troop profiles are amaizing and that is not the style we are seeing with TAK.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation