1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The future of Yu Jing

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Greysturm, Apr 24, 2018.

1. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

More convincing comparison. Unfortunately not many dossiers where a similar comparison to female HI can be made. The only thing alien about Daoying is the head size, with Dakini and Hollowmen they went to further lengths to make them uncanny valley.

My question is, what would Daoying offer if remote presence other than remote presence? Weapon selections on Dossier were... limited and strange for a fast moving HI and if this is a refinement on Karakuri (assuming Daoying to be the final product to the prototype that is Karakuri) then Total Immunity is similarly a bit lost on a Sniper.
    Super-jump and Nanoscreen would be cool if they were compatible, but they aren't.
    It could be that the dossier is an early concept without final weapons, but the inclusion of sniper is sufficiently strange that I think it's fairly central to their design.

2. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

That's assuming it is a breast. It's far to the side and the color is flat. For all we know that is actually con-caved!

I never think Total Immunity is lost on anything! lol I'm quite fine with them ignoring the ammo on most weapons.

3. Shango

Shango Well-Known Member

Okay with that, maybe a replacement for the lost Shikami : a fast troop that can quickly reach strategic locations or objectives while being strenuous to resist a fire exchange with the enemy...

4. Borlois

Borlois Yu Jing Imperial Service Agent

I have a Lore questions. The "Chinese Popular republic" stills existing? Or now it is a part of the Yu Jing State Empire?
    Those who fight I name of the old republic are dissident?

5. Solodice

Solodice Freshly Squeezed Troll

You mean the PRC (People's Republic of China)? Uh, that's where Yu Jing started so yes the PRC is apart of the State Empire.

That or I'm not understanding the broken English.

6. Borlois

Borlois Yu Jing Imperial Service Agent

I wanna mean. Of course the PRC is where in the very beginning YJ started, but now it doesn't exist like the PRC, because now there is no PRC, now exist the Jade Empire of YJ. So if there's some one who fight's in name of the old PRC is not that dissidence?

7. Solodice

Solodice Freshly Squeezed Troll

PRC isn't gone-gone if that's what you mean. The Party, who are really the ones in control of YJ, is from the days of the PRC.

As for dissidents fighting for the old PRC? Probably not as The Party is still in control and the transition to YJ didn't seem to bother anyone. If there's some old hardliners not going with the program from The Party they probably left, are keeping their mouths shut, or have become Kuang Shi.

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  8. Albedo

Albedo Member

Hi guys, maybe a lit bit off-topic, but at least I do not open a new discussion. I am looking at the invincible army as a possible new sectorial, and I would like to start painting some troops. My question is: are the zhanshi and the daofei in the sectorial? Which sources do we have for this? Thanks for your help!

9. Mahtamori

Daofei are not in (Bostria has stated as such on multiple occasions I believe)
    Zhanshi are in (artwork for IA has a woman in front clad in Zhanshi armour)

10. Albedo

Albedo Member

Thanks for the reply Mahtamori. Do we have only the artwork to support the idea that Zhanshi are in the sectorial?

11. Mahtamori

As far as I know.
    The game dictates that a low-cost unit is necessary. The woman for IA cover art is wearing the armour from a slightly dated Zhanshi dossier (not the most recent) so logically this is an IA Zhanshi.
    What ava we can expect and whether there's going to be another low cost troop, is not known. Early and repeated info holds 5 new units, but recently we've heard claims there's gonna be more and that the 5 were just the initial info push.

We'll see.

Zuyong HMG is a safe buy to paint. Hac Tao as well.

12. Albedo

Albedo Member

Thank for the explanation. It makes sense having a cheap troop indeed. I am looking forward to this sectoral, personally, I hope for some troops in mechanized deployment.

13. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Well, the old Republic of China (aka Taiwan or island) probably got economically absorbed by the People's Republic of China (mainland China) about 100 years before the current time. No telling whether the 'which China is in charge' question has been settled, though.

14. Shiwen

Shiwen Commissar, Yu Jing Political Work Department

You actually do get some of this described, albeit in very general terms, as part of the Old Guard vs New Wave factional conflict within the Party. The Old Guard are traditionalists, but the core of their 'tradition' is the Chinese Communist Party, the People's Republic of China. CB definitely depicts them as including the sinocentrists/Chinese nationalists, but also describes them as Maoists. CB might have done that because they drew a lot of YJ directly from the recent history of the PRC (Old Guard v New Wave are terms used to describe the Marxist-Leninist-Maoist vs Dengist split in the CCP, and while the Invincible Army reforms can link to older history of late-Qing/early-Republic modernizations in terminology, the description of the plan to transition from Banners to Invincibles couldve been lifted whole from umpteen books and articles about the People's Liberation Army's reforms in the wake of the Gulf War).

So, at least as it seems to me, the Party in Yu Jing encompasses viewpoints that would include those who long for the Chinese state in a national sense, but also those who call for a return to the People's Republic, Marxism-Leninism-Mao Zedong Thought, within the uneasy alliance that is the Old Guard. While the New Wave has definitely emerged triumphant in most disputes and debates, the people who call for a return to the PRC aren't dissidents in the sense of being rebels, but rather are more of an official opposition, and one that occasionally succeeds in pushing its agenda.

15. SKOZZOKONZ

SKOZZOKONZ Well-Known Member

Something I would like to see in yu jings future is a rework of the Bao. Reduce the visors to a couple of profiles and pile on a bunch of close range lethality so they really do represent brutal enforcers and door kickers, something like the druze without veteren.

Kallas and Space Ranger like this.
  16. Mahtamori

The visors are their entire schtick though.

...but I'd still like them to be run through the calculator properly (most profiles have a hand-adjusted price increase) and for them to get some profile with a KHD/AHD so they can make use of their high BTS and WIP

Kallas and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  17. Section9

Thought that was the Wu Ming's shtick?

18. TenNoBushi

TenNoBushi Well-Known Member

Wu Ming have more a military function.
    Enforcing brutaly and kicking doors is mostly the job of the Celestial Guard.
    Bao are here to "clean the mess".

19. Section9

Maybe so, but if I am going to kick a door, I want power armor to eat the incoming fire!

20. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I WANT to love the Bao. I've tried to use them so many times and they have yet to really come through.
    • Brawlers cost a point less with better ARM and access to CHEAP fireteam
    • Djanbazan for a few points more or the same, have better ARM, Multiterrain, Regeneration, and can have a relatively cheap fireteam with a Halfza
    • Gao-Rael for a few pts. more, have an extra wound, better ARM, and cheap fireteams, oh and about 10 more wounds if it has a Symbiomate, which it always does!
    • Rui Shi is far cheaper, less SWC, can go into double unconcious, and can be modified with a hacker
    • Nisse for only a few pts. More, better ARM, Better BS!, Miemetisim!
    • Intruder is not as good a comparison but for not that much points more, Better ARM, Camo, Mutlitrerrain and BS.
    upload_2018-8-31_9-45-14.png

For me, the BTS 6 has rarely come up. I’m not sure If I’ve ever taken advantage of Courage.

I’d like them to no longer have the tax of taking the Pheasant, they are one of the few that need to take a guy that’s MORE expensive.

Give them a Spitfire, Redfury, LGL with Stun Grenades at the least, or Marksman Rifle.

The should also get a Forward Observer.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation