1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GenCon news.

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Maksimas, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Sedral

Sedral Jīnshān Task Force Officier

If Mowang are Dayokai without cc related stuff then they'll be dangerously close to Shang-jì both in point range and role as an assault close quarter HI for IA, and as they are now they can't compete with something that has ARM5 and NWI while packing the same firepower for slightly more points.

It definitely makes me think that Shang-Jì will get some love if they have to compete in the same spot than Mowang, and one way to do that is to increase their mobility. It's supposed to be their thing after all, and it would give us some alternatives for assault HI: either the lumbering behemoth who can charge headfirst into battle while withstanding ennemy fire, or the fast bleeding edge armor who's better at flanking and attack from the best position.

Though that would also make them compete with Daoying, but since those don't seem to have any weapon above B2 (at least not on their dossier) Shang-Jì will easily be more lethal with spitfire/multi-rifle options and B5/B4 from link bonus.

2. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

I dunno, all this stuff moving into the Shang Ji's house my read on him getting removed as a profile is just feeling more and more certain.

Kallas likes this.
  3. Durandal

Durandal Well-Known Member

Most likely, the Shang Ji feels like it's in the same place the old Invincible was back when the Zuyong came along. No model for years and no hint of a new one (in this case, the Shang Ji has gone even longer than the Invincible without at least one more release). The unit concept itself is dead weight and it looks like its role (as well as potential re-designed roles) are getting taken by newer, better units.

So sure, they could pull an Al Fassed on it and keep the name to represent a brand new trooper, but I don't think the name is super important. Just pilfer the armour design (and that pose) and use it for a brand new unit. The Shang Ji formed the basis for every updated N3 HI, it was a pioneer, but the specifics of it just don't really have a place anymore. Lay the old boy to rest and give us something new that does a unique job. I'm no fan of discontinuing units because they've been obviated by shifting design needs, but it's been long enough that I won't shed a tear if they announce that the Shang Ji is going on the discontinued list. Its contributions will be remembered, but its services are no longer required.

4. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Just paint the mini brass and make it a monument in honor of the new model army

Section9 likes this.
  5. Manfred_VR

Manfred_VR Well-Known Member

Of course, S5 with ARM 6, we're YJ after all ;)

6. Maksimas

Maksimas Heavy Infantry Addict Maxim

If the Morats can have an S5 ARM6 HI... why not us too?

Space Ranger and Manfred_VR like this.
  7. Shinen

Shinen Well-Known Member

And a Multi Spitfire (Medium Multi) with 4-4 MOV :D

8. Manfred_VR

Manfred_VR Well-Known Member

Well, why not?
    2018 was terrible for us, CB must make amends...

9. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Medium Multi Spitfire (B4, Dam14 AP or DA ammo) would totally replace the Feuerbach, and make a decent dent in the Autocannon!:dizzy_face:

But I could see that monster gun in the hypothetical Blue Wolf TAG (the S6 Holo2 manned Uhlan version).:smiling_imp:

10. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

For Mo Wang, since the name means Demon Lord, it would be fun if he had some underlings! (Perimeter Weapon, Puppet Master, Ghost: Synch would be a first for YJ)

Section9 and Mahtamori like this.
  11. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Excellent idea!

Space Ranger likes this.
  12. Space Ranger

I take that back about Puppet Master. Horrible skill for Mo Wang since he can't do anything. Huge waste for him. G:Synch on the other hand would be awesome sauce!

13. Shango

Shango Well-Known Member

After all YANHUO have ARM 5 and "Their armor suits are not built to withstand enemy fire, but to carry their armament and attack, with the goal of keeping the enemy busy."
    So on the basis of the same chassis but planned to mount the assault our engineers should not have trouble giving + 1 ARM.
    In the same direction: our YANHUO have 4-2MOV while they carry heavy weapons. The same armor with assault weapons must be able to get a 4-4MOV

Perimeter Weapon would be a "must have" to protect this future centerpiece.

Kallas and SKOZZOKONZ like this.
  14. Space Ranger

The only thing I don't like about it is that it would a bit too much like Taskmaster. However, only one profile gets it and I've never seen anyone use it.

15. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

4 of 5 Taskmaster profiles gets Koalas. HMG is the only one that doesn't and supposedly the Red Fury profiles are the most popular in general.

It has camouflage pattern which is very unusual for Yu Jing. Supposing it gets Camouflage or Martial Arts, having Perimeter weapons mostly negates Stealth, meaning deploying Koalas (I do not think IA would get MadTraps - Koalas is more their thing - and Koalas are supposedly manufactured mainly by a Yu Jing company) would be mostly defending objectives or friendly troopers.

And well... Hac Tao are confirmed to be in IA so as far as centre pieces go, well...

16. Space Ranger

Oops yes I got that wrong.

17. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

I don't think they are sporting camouflage patterns so much as that being IA's colour scheme

#257 Benkei, Aug 29, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
  18. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

IA definitely has more green in it than vanilla Yu Jing did, beaten only by ISS, absolutely, but that one and the Daofei are the only concept they've shown for Yu Jing so far that's got camouflage pattern on it, not to mention that unlike the other IA troops it doesn't have an orange belly plate and it's got the least orange model in the entire Yu Jing line up since the Hac Tao.
    No, there's something funky going on there, and I'd love to know the reason why.

Should be noted that according to Psychoticstorm, the colours shown on unit dossiers and other images are parade colours. In battle they switch to camouflage patterns more suited for the theatre they are in. The less techy factions have actual camouflage patterns on their parade armour because they can't do the chameleon. I see no reason why the Mowang should break so hard from the colour scheme established by the other 4 IA dossiers released or the other known and confirmed IA-primary units we know from before (Tiger, Zuyong, Yan Huo, etc).

That's where I segway to the Daoying who I note leans much more towards the Hac Tao colours, and if this is indeed a Thieving Eagle, I'm wondering if there's some TO state shenanigans going on together with Scavenger. However, once again the Sniper stumps me since I doubt we'd get a HI with TO camo and a sniper. That said, it's fully possible that this is a Ghost light infantry, particularly since the... boobplate I guess... lines up so well with Pheasant and Zhanshi Yisheng dossiers.
    Seriously, the Red Fury Pheasant dossier has nearly exactly the same pose and silhouette.

19. Space Ranger

I think the dress is gold! lol

upload_2018-8-29_14-18-35.png

nehemiah likes this.
  20. SKOZZOKONZ

SKOZZOKONZ Well-Known Member

As nice as a TO init would be it does little for IA as far as cost problems go unless its an order sarge style unit with TO and not.

Maybe this dark blue is a new sort of sub faction color compared with IA orange and green this might be yanjing orange and blue.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation