1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Faction Showed Great Performances during KC?

Discussion in 'OOC' started by ObviousGray, Jul 26, 2018.

?

Which Faction Deserves A Praise?

Poll closed Aug 5, 2018.
  1. PanOceania - Well Done tactical action, Good Defences

10 vote(s)
    12.3%
  2. Yu Jing - ZH Defenses, a solid blow to Kurage

38 vote(s)
    46.9%
  3. Nomads - Defending Three Bases!

6 vote(s)
    7.4%
  4. Ariadna - The Mean Boss, Late Game Dramas.

31 vote(s)
    38.3%
  5. Haqquislam - Not Hindered, Nor Moved. Saving Nomad Bros.

13 vote(s)
    16.0%
  6. ALEPH - Aplekton is Ours!

10 vote(s)
    12.3%
  7. Combined Army - The Phantom Menace.

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  8. Tohaa - The Green Line of extreme focus. Took Lafayette eventually.

18 vote(s)
    22.2%
  9. NA-2 : Successful debut on global events!

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. DaRedOne

DaRedOne Morat Warrior Philosopher
    Warcor

For the record, I now have defined that my Bakunin ladies have an intersevice rivalry with the Tunguskans. And since the campaign is over I'm gonna see if I can get a few games in against the Nomads that do play the russians

Danger Rose likes this.
  2. Danger Rose

Danger Rose The Wrecking Belles

I'll be looking forward to those stories. It's always a treat to read them.

DaRedOne likes this.
  3. Jandrus

Jandrus We're naught but humble pirates!

I give 0 credit to Tohaa. Thespite being a good idea to keep the players up, giving 5 points per win allows a big exploti in tactics like last minute report burst (and with no base defense, the tactic was easy).

xagroth likes this.
  4. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

Ariadna got all in and lost. They knew we were attacking and they didn't take care of it.
    I don't know if 5 points were to much, but the compensation due to the ammount of players was the right choice.
    Because otherwise, only the big factions can usefully take part on this event.

5. cazboab

cazboab Definitely not Cazboaz.

@Jandrus and @Ben Kenobi you both might want to wait for the final results, remember gaining 5 points per win means loosing 5 for every sub standard report, unlinked pairs and blue on blue. Without calling out specifics, I reckon the tohaa in the tower will drop at least 60 to 70 points, maybe as many as 90,while ariadna should lose 12 to 30, then there are the bonus points awarded to good or great reports, which Ariadna has more chances to earn simply from volume.

The 5 point win seems to basically regulate itself based on that, but the feeling that the tohaa should have had a base to defend comes up a lot.

xagroth likes this.
  6. Ben Kenobi

Why you address me? Yes there can be a other result at the end.
    But my answer was on an, in my opinion, rant against the unfairly pointsystem. And that it was overlooked, that the result was the fault of the Ariadna strategy.
    The undertone I hear is, that the bigger faction has to win due to the overhead on games.

That the extra points for "what kind of battle reports", which I didn't realised exists, due to more battle reports, is an unfair advantage, what stacks on top.

Perhaps we will loose control tower due to too bad battle reports, what's totally fine.

havocfett and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  7. cazboab

Don't take it as an insult that you're mentioned, you're part of the conversation, and both of you are making the assumption that Ariadna lost the tower as the basis of the discussion when in actual fact the numbers shown on warconsole are very different to what the end result will be. Even if the tohaa do take the tower both arguments as to why are flawed. I've already explained why the 5 point score isn't unfair.
    The Ariadna strategy that you blame was a calculated risk, and a strategy of denial. By denying pano their third theatre they wouldn't earn campaign points for holding a full set, we might lose our points from the same, but with NA2 losing their points as well, it seems that either Haqqislam or YuJing would be able to claim the most campaign points. Ariadna might be far enough ahead of them in overall score to still win, but frankly I wouldn't object to either of them winning, Haqqislam have stuck firmly to the role of peacekeeping and YuJing have improved immensely from last year.

Some time on Friday or Saturday we realised that the reports and a few other factors lined up as such that if we hammered pano then there was still a chance that we'd hold the tower, so we made the decision to sacrifice it and let whatever points we made in it stand alone...

I'd really like to see a proper breakdown of the final scores in the same way @warzan and @Bostria (Justin was there too iirc, but I don't know if he's on here...) even if it's just the charts posted as an article at some point.

prophet of doom likes this.
  8. Ben Kenobi

BTW it seems, the percentage of invalid results was nearly the same on all faction.
    And yes, I'm self-satisfied cause of this.
    And yes, I know you "won", but with our fly in the ointment :wink::beers:

AdmiralJCJF and cazboab like this.
  9. cazboab

As far as Ariadna and tohaa that's probably true, but given that almost all of the tohaa reports were in the tower, and each invalid tohaa report is 5 points down it'll still be very very close...

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation