1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The future of Yu Jing

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Greysturm, Apr 24, 2018.

1. Shinen

Shinen Well-Known Member

Y17 Trauma Override Harness from the Old World Blues Addon /Fallout New Vegas?

Section9 and Maksimas like this.
  2. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Also Andromeda from Xcom (the new series)

Maksimas likes this.
  3. Shinen

Shinen Well-Known Member

Another thing: i can't imagine a frenzy or impetious HI in IA because in my head, they are professional soldiers and those two skills are more for the hot headed maniacs.

krossaks and SKOZZOKONZ like this.
  4. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

I mean that'd be pretty cool...

5. KestrelM1

KestrelM1 Well-Known Member

En masse, I agree, a large presence of frenzy/impetuous would give the sectorial a very different feel, but I think there's plenty of room for a single regiment of ARM6 impetuous bastards who have absolute confidence in the protection of Yu Jing armor.

Also, without impetuous, how will we get HI motorcycles?

6. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Okay, pure guesswork based on very little information but the imagery, here's some unit highlights I'm imagining I can see;

Zhencha:
    HI with Zuyong armour. Camouflage, infiltration or infiltration-like skill. Probably X-visor or sensor. Multiterrain.
    The very large visor is a bit of an oddity. Not something we've seen so far

Liu Xiang:
    HI with Wu Ming or Sun Tze armour. High BS of 14, Mimetism. Multiterrain.
    Please note that Liu Xing has projection ports around the shoulders, but these are not the round ones found on the Ninja, but very similar to the projection ports found on Sun Tze. Might be reading too much into the extra-oversized boots and the exhaust ports on the thighs.

Daoyin:
    HI with Zuyong armour. MSV2, possibly Mimetism or marker state. Super-Jump.
    Please note the similarity of massive forehead to the Hsien and the projector ports on the wrist is odd, typically units don't have such small ones that you'll find on Miranda's wrist, but more the Yin-Yang-ish ones as on Haidao and a lot of troops.

Mowang:
    S5 HI with superior ARM or Total Immunity. BS 14. Camouflage? Full-Auto.
    I have read very strong indications that a unit with Full-Auto and CH is coming, which is why Full-Auto and Suppression Fire simply can't be allowed to stack, this one visually fits the bill, but let's just put this simply: that's all I am basing this on.

Haidao
    HI with Zuyong armour. Doctor and Engineer profiles. Likely fireteam options with other units
    With all these weird patterned plates going around I'm a bit confused how to interpret that. It's like it's a technique to get the area to be darker, but they clearly don't need to do this texturing. I'd like to interpret this as Mimetism, but that'd make 5/5 with Mimetism... I mean, that's not an impossibility, but still...

Space Cowboy and Borlois like this.
  7. Shinen

Shinen Well-Known Member

Good point, what do you think woul be an appropriate weapon loadout / armortype for such an HI? Like the Mowang? (because it would be silly for the biggest HI to have the worse armor). love the idea of an HI Motorcycle a Su-Jian with weels :D.

Another nice idea would be a ARO "siege / roadblock" HI with a nanoscreen / sapper kind of skill.. would made the Yan Huo obsolete though .

8. Borlois

Borlois Yu Jing Imperial Service Agent

Why cannot think the Daoying like the next step of the Karakuri Project? The Su Jian is the next step in HI for YJ.
    After the Uprising for sure the military budget of the Empire State have been increased! So the Daoying can be the next step in battle android?
    Why cannot even the next step in cyber infantry? A loyal soldier who has been deadly wounded with a new chance to keep fighting for YJ?

Space Ranger, Space Cowboy and Shiwen like this.
  9. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

10. Space Cowboy

Space Cowboy Member

I’m inclined to think that texture is to visually unify the dossiers. I believed as you did early in the reveals that it smacked of Camo of some sort, but it’s presence everywhere makes that seem unlikely.

I had also wondered about the Daoying helmet. An x-visor maybe?
    The feet still interest me. So dissimilar to army-issue tactical heels, and so similar to Hollowmen feet. Kan’s idea regarding overt cybernetic enhancement has grown on me. Whether it just means super jump, or a never before seen skill, is the question now.

11. Niebieskooki

Niebieskooki Blue Sun Lieutenant

Prepare for impact Brothers. Emperor protect.

That would be hell of a combat jump unit. Especially with some form of an impact dmg on landing - I think i've heard that Caskuda has something like that.

12. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

That was overpowered as hell. We're not seeing that come back.

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  13. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

I am still hanging out for albedo on Liu Xing. Mimetism and BS 14 just makes them better tiger soldiers.

Zhencha I want as no frills as possible, ARM 3, BTS 3, BS1 3, CC no greater than 14, PH 12, FD2, camo.

Carlos mentioned link flexibility for Haidao, also said that that they were muscle whereas Zhencha win games. I don't think they will be a line type troop so assuming you can put one or two in a zuyong link, what might they bring aside from niche weapons?

14. Janzerker

Janzerker Well-Known Member

Explosion in Caskuda wasn't overpowered. Actually many times it was more of a trap for any Caskuda trying to AD 3 deploying on enemy units, as units under the circular template get reaction to shoot or dogde they can act as a bait to get the TAG exposed to the AROs of the rest of enemy units. That supposed destruction for more than one Caskuda without being able to do serious damage.

What was overpowered was the fact of a BS 14, ARM 8, 3 W , Multi HMG and HFT AD2 entering the table in your most exposed flank. As the usual resources used to persuade AD units from surprising you in your flanks normally aren't enough against such monster of a unit.
    On the other had there's already a proof that HI like AD3 units like Gao Tarsos, Fractaa and Diomedes , while being good and powerful don't result so OP.

So regarding the suggestion done, if Liu Xing (shooting star/meteor ) was literally to become a meteor, I don't think it would be OP. Actually it could be an interesting tool.

krossaks and Maksimas like this.
  15. Niebieskooki

Niebieskooki Blue Sun Lieutenant

Invincible Army assault on PanO dreadnought visualised.

16. Janzerker

Janzerker Well-Known Member

From an interview, released in a spanish podcast, to Gutier Lusquiños aka Interruptor during Interplanetario:

Peek at Invincible Army list at the end of 2018.

17. Section9

That's the S5 Mowang beast that we're hoping is ARM6, not the Liu Xing AD monster.

Maksimas likes this.
  18. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

For me, the Mowang, if it's not ARM6, it's going to compete with the Su-jian in Vanilla.

Section9 likes this.
  19. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I saw this in the Spanish YJ forum and it made me think a bit.

upload_2018-8-28_16-26-15.png

20. Section9

Well, the Su Jian's mobility is the defining characteristic for me, because the Yan Huo are also ARM5 S5. But the Mowang dossier weapons are pretty close to the Su Jian's weapons, I admit.

I still think that the Daoying has a person inside (why give it boobs, otherwise?), but I'm hoping that the legs/feet indicate some improved movement capabilities. Hollowmen are 6-2 super-jump, and Dakini are 6-4.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation