1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weapons you want in game

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by Mahtamori, Jan 9, 2018.

1. itsuncertainwho

itsuncertainwho Well-Known Member

Well if we are going wacky.....

Voodoo mine - Sepsitor
    Voodoo grenade - Sepsitor

2. FatherKnowsBest

FatherKnowsBest Red Knight of Curmudgeon

Go on.....

Danger Rose and Sabin76 like this.
  3. Flipswitch

Flipswitch Sepsitorised by Intent

you have my attention

Danger Rose likes this.
  4. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

You have my Wu Mings' attention -.-;;

Danger Rose and Stiopa like this.
  5. itsuncertainwho

itsuncertainwho Well-Known Member

Just imagine the fun a ShasvastiI camo infiltrator with some Voodoo Tech mines or grenades that sepsitorize people could have. Everyone would love it!

6. LordAratan

LordAratan Maestro Artillero

Combined Army "crazyzoalas" with sepsitor ammunition.

7. TriggerPuller9000

TriggerPuller9000 Poverty Orde Wingate

Stinging Scorpions - little Viral ammunition Perimeter Weapons. Another option would be a Viral ammunition Drop Bear type weapon. Obviously for Haqqislam.

Danger Rose and Balewolf like this.
  8. Flipswitch

Flipswitch Sepsitorised by Intent

Perimeter Batroids which explode with plasma or Voodoo Mines please!

Danger Rose and Dragonstriker like this.
  9. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

It's also fucking terrifying with that new ruling vis a vis NWI/Shock.

10. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

I want a "plasma whip" CC weapon that is plasma type ammo and can also fire in a template (representing flailing it around trying to hit people).

Stiopa likes this.
  11. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Even without the template mode it'd be an awesome weapon. Speculo Dominatrix? :D

12. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

I actually assume that most weapons are suppressed just to avoid deafening the troops using them. Even with 'mickey mouse ears' hearing protection that turn a screaming jet engine into a dull roar, a shotgun or rifle inside a building is like a stun grenade to the face (Desert Eagle .50s are worse than a 5.56 rifle, BTW).

The only 'good' suppressed weapons start with a subsonic projectile, so .45ACP or the big 9x39mm the Russians like (I'd love to get a rifle in 9x39!). The MP5SD needs subsonic ammo for best effect, but is still pretty quiet aside from the sonic booms from the bullets going downrange. Sounds about like a large sewing machine!

For my short wishlist, I'd like a few more non-lethal options. Stun Pistols on most of the 'Law Enforcement' troops (Moderators, pretty much everyone in the Imperial Service, others as people come up with them).

I'd also like Riot Grenades for the more combative 'Law Enforcement' troops (so, Loup Garous, Wu Ming, a few others). Riot Grenades would be like the old Swarm Grenades: Lingers more than 1 turn, BTS save or fall 'dead' (technically 'incapacitated for multiple minutes while the chemicals work their way out of your system'). Provide a smoke cloud to block LOF, too. (Anyone who has served knows how much 'fun' tear gas is, I'm talking more aggressive chemicals like retch gas, leaves you puking your guts out and hallucinating.) Probably shouldn't affect anything with STR points, but that can be ignored for simplicity.

Another thing I'd like is breaching rounds for shotguns. Basically an Anti-Materiel round instead of the AP round in a boarding shotgun. No bonus W/STR damage (so not DA or EXP), just able to break walls or doors.

#32 Section9, Jan 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  13. momo234

momo234 Well-Known Member

Breaker HMG, EXP pistol.

14. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

First we need scatter for templates (and not spiral kind).

Danger Rose and Section9 like this.
  15. Cry of the Wind

Cry of the Wind Well-Known Member

I'm new so maybe there is something I haven't encountered yet, but like Section9 was suggesting I'd be down for a Stun Grenades being more available. Sure they might exist but I'm not even sure where they are.

Belgrim likes this.
  16. Mahtamori

Sepsitor grenades are a bit odd, sepsitor mines wouldn't work without redesigning Sepsitor as ammo. Not saying that opening up to non-WIP DAM is not doable, but still.
    If Sepsitor started getting common, I would like cubes to have an actual benefit beyond just allowing doctor rerolls, to be perfectly honest. What's keeping Sepsitor okayish is that there's nearly no units that have them and that the ones that do are (unlike Muttas and Jammers) really bloody expensive.

@Section9 I don't think CB wants to go back to the old complicated and a bit weird Swarm Grenades, but how about a grenade that causes IMM-1 or IMM-2 (as opposed to Stun) for 1 or 2 turns, typically DAM 13 vs BTS.
    Realistic within the current rules is sufficient, not simulator realistic.

#36 Mahtamori, Jan 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    RecklessPrudence and Icchan like this.
  17. Mahtamori

YJ Pheasant, Aleph Hector, Tohaa Igao, Tohaa Gorgos' Chaksa Peripheral, Nomads Wildcats, Nomads Riot Grrls

Cry of the Wind, Belgrim and Abrilete like this.
  18. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

There's also an ammunition solution which involves (I apologize for inappropriate terms in advence) casing with sort of a piston between combustible charge and a projectile which blocks gases from escaping the casing after shot is made. The resulting power output is pretty bad, but at least it keeps said projectile sub-sonic.
    ...and then you realize just how audible your pistol's metal mechanisms can be depending on environment and circumstances...

The issue there may be with the fact that Stun ammo may be pretty effective against "concentrated awesome" kind of units (HI and up). Not sure if extra situational risks for them are really warranted, but I really don't have a concrete opinion on that matter.

If it's just for fluff reasons, you can try to make ammo which will not render its target Dead unless it was already Unconscious by the beginning of that Order or something (careful consideration for units with Dogged, NWI and REMs would be needed too). It will have its uses.

And hand it to Spetsnaz if you want to see anything not just dead and wrecked, but also scattered into the wind and retconned out of existence.

Abrilete likes this.
  19. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

I like this, but it would also need some more mission support. Currently we only have one (?) mission where you wouldn't want to just outright kill a unit, right? Stun is all well and good for the current turn, but...

20. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

I'd like a light Sniper, somewhere between a Marksman Rifle, a Mk12, and the Sniper variants.

Yes I know that means the Ojotnik, and honestly the Ojotnik is a cool weapon that shouldn't be limited to Ariadna. Yes I know that in the background it's a big weird hunting rifle, but the Feuerbach in the background is a light autocannon made by FrancoGermanArmanique, and I'm pretty sure the Sogarat isn't picking his up from their depot.

RecklessPrudence likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation