1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Joan V2

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by Narkano, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

And the old and ugly Joan sculpts. I'd rather see a Hexa KHD resculpt or auxilia resculpt or whatever. There are other factions out there, who are missing resculpts or even any sculpts for their troop, I'd rather have those than Blondie's new basket handle tiara.

2. Narkano

Narkano Armed Shiba-Inu

It’s a spoiler to provide down force while she’s running =P. In reality I think it’s meant to be a halo of sorts for inspirational purposes.
    I mean yeah there are the old sculpts.... which were kinda terrible, but these are being removed from the range so it’s not like we have 5 Joans together, just another resculpt. Would other sculpts be more fun? Sure. But they were going to do a new V2 at some point.

Superfluid likes this.
  3. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

I honestly don't get how people dislike Frenzy on Rambo pieces. You run them forward, kill as much as you can and put them in a corner close to your opponent's DZ where they soak up Orders till they die.
    For that purpose it has zero effect beyond making them a lot cheaper. If your Joan V2 EXP CCW triggers Frenzy and lives to see the next turn you're probably winning quite convincing anyway.

With BS15 troops against weak AROs or to get into CC you can happily forfeit Cover anyway and it's not like BS15 wasn't perfectly capable to win a FTF even without it.

As far as sculpts are concernd the LE is a universal proxy and by far the best sculpt imho.

4. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

How many points is a frenzy discount? How much is a lot?

My problem here is Inspiring leadership is cool, and you are paying for it even on the non-LT profile (I have no idea how much that cost, since there are like 3 in the game, it can be free for all I know). If you take the LT option, than all is fun and cool, until Joan drops, and you lose the regular orders and the free coordinated order. You also need CoC for when she goes down, and that's 35 pts more, quite much negating the Frenzy point discount like multiple times.

Regular to Irregular upgrade is 2 pts, so you aren't winning that many points there with Warcor and Techbee. Free Cooridnated order is cool though.

BS15 is nice for winning firefights, but everyone will be shooting with Marksmanship L2 and template weapons at her, then those chances drop quite a lot. Ok, maybe you won't be using your frenzied Joan to take out Swiss guards or HI links or whatever, just regular dudes or whatever comes close.

5. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

Compared to a basic BS15 troop like the GDA:
    Spitfire+HFT+D-Charges is +2 over Spitfire + Nanopulser
    Auxbot is obvious -6 points so the baseline GDA with the same weapons as Joan costs around 43. vs Joan's 51

Joan now gets 6-2 Move, 6CC, 2WIP, 3 BTS, NWI, Multiterrain, MA3, AP CCW and Inspiring Leadership for 8 extra points and Frenzy.
    I don't know how much NWI costs here, the rest of the kit is already more expensive than 8 points.

Assuming 8 points for NWI (NWI is rather expensive and seems to scale) Joan gets 10-12 points cheaper through Frenzy here.

Frenzied Joan has probably already cut through a HI Link team tbh. That's not something you leave intact on turn 1. Even a Swiss in cover throws only 1 dice and can simply be beaten by throwing 4 dice on 9s/12s against 1 die on a 12/15 at close range, Nanopulser or CC. Not ideal but it's still in favour of Joan.
    Joan is also cheap enough that you still can bring your own Swiss or even a Tik to clear the targets she struggles with. I like EXP CCW Joan because she can clear almost everything by herself but specifically because she can also beat things to a pulp i.e. a Swiss struggles with.

6. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

@Teslarod: on NWI:Combi + AP CCW Myrmidon is 26pts, Combi + AP CCW Myrmidon Officer with Lt is 31 pts.

They are the same, except for Myrmidon officer's NWI, Fireteam: Enomotarchos, +1CC, +1WIP, +3BTS, for 5 more pts.

Don't exactly know how much each costs, but Fireteam core is usually free, duo or Haris is a point or two. 0 to 3 BTS is usually a point. I suppose WIP 13 to 14 is at least a point too. So NWI is really cheap here, around 3 pts.

On the other hand let's compare Teucer and regular Agema.
    Teucer has:
    +4 CC (why??), +1 BS, +NWI (upgrade from courage), + Free agent, + Marksmanship level nobody cares
    -MSV2

Agema pays 2 pts for X visor (MK12 + X visor costs 7 points over a combi, MK12 is 5 pts (check Kurgat and Sin-eater)), Teucer pays 3 pts for a x visor to MSV2 upgrade, so it's a good guess, that MSV2 is 5 pts.

A combi (+MSV2) Agema would cost 22pts.

Feuerbach is 8 points on Thorakitai (and 9 on Securitate), so let's go with it. So combi Teucer with MSV 2 is 36pts.

14pts for +4CC, +1BS, NWI, Free agent and MMSLX.

I have no idea how much each of these would cost, or what would my point be.

Phoenix, Machaon, Eudoros has no frenzy, frenzy, impetuous with really similar stats and equipment. Have no idea how many points a Heavy Rocket Launcher costs. I suppose it's free.

7. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Both were pretty ugly. I mean, I have them (part of the Mercedarian Order project was female knights, so needed Joans and ORC BSG/HMG), but I'm planning on giving them helmets.

theradrussian likes this.
  8. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

Thats not a bad idea, I've seen decent conversions.

9. locksmith

locksmith comlog active

Kirpal Singh and the Religious skill would like to have a chat with you about themselves.

Joan's amazing. Can't say I've ever needed CoC to take advantage of her many, many positive attributes. Skipping over inspiring leadership, she has the very rare combination of a high burst high BS ranged attack and great CC. She has a nanopulsar too, so she has no 'bad' range bands until you get past 24". Though her 15 BS means she's dangerous far past that range.

She is an aggressive LT, for sure. Which makes her a great choice for some missions and maybe not the best for some others ... but that's about using the proper tool for the job, not a flaw in the tool itself.

10. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

I should be honest. I have the LE Joan/Saber (that I was planning to use as whichever Joan in my MO), but I may buy this new Joan2.

11. chaos11

chaos11 Well-Known Member

Same here, I managed to get a LE one that I would've just used as either, but I actually really like the look of this one.

12. Cratesbane

Cratesbane Well-Known Member

You know, a little green stuff and she'd have a cat/bunny ear headband.
    What.

Deltervees and Pen-dragon like this.
  13. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

Please stop being a furry.

14. Cratesbane

Cratesbane Well-Known Member

Seeing how CB has been moving toward simpler assemblies, I doubt there will be as much conversion potential between this as there was between LE Joan and Umbra Joan. Kinda wish they would have given her an Alt Hospitaller helm.

FatherKnowsBest likes this.
  15. Rey

Rey Crabbots lead the way

Actually, it looks like it could be easily removed/filed down to hair level. Then just make cuts to match the surrounding hair. Definitely buying her.
    After I've done some filing to LE Joan to transform her into an undercut LRL Montesa, dealing with the "spoiler" thingy doesn't seem too hard.

Sorry for the painting quality - my skills are shit plus I haven't finished painting yet.

[​IMG]

Thandar likes this.
  16. Skoll

Skoll Well-Known Member

Joan gets a santiago helm for one reason or another not a hospitaller one

Cratesbane and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation