1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GenCon news.

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Maksimas, Aug 4, 2018.

1. banthafodder

banthafodder Well-Known Member

While I believe there is certainly tweaking going on, I must point out that armor is pretty overcosted in this game. Most things that dump it get high discounts compared to their 1 armor counterparts (ex Kuang Shi, Zeroes/Foxtrots/Chasseur, Clipsos).

2. Niebieskooki

Niebieskooki Blue Sun Lieutenant

That would make wu-ming extremely overcosted in comparision to Zuyongs tho.

3. paraelix

paraelix Seed Embryo Scholar

Sadface. Mowang's dossier is basically the Daiyokai with a worse multi-weapon and alternate disposable armaments. Such disappoint.

4. devil.advocates

devil.advocates Well-Known Member

We don't know what this beast abilities yet, so its too early to give any judgement. Heck, it could be a different kind of beast than Dayokai alltogether, with more refined techs and all.

And about dossier, we can't be sure yet. Kriza has rocket in their dossier, but where is it now? They get Mk12+SMG instead, weapons that doesn't exist on their dossier.

tl;dr : CB dossiers is one of the most unreliable thing on this planet and they only serve to give you pretty pictures.

#224 devil.advocates, Aug 20, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
  5. Shinen

Shinen Well-Known Member

If he keeps fatality and NWI, loses all the melee stuff (MA 2, CC down to 14/16, Dual Wield, AP+DA Weapon) for some shooty rules (Mimetism, Full Auto L 1-2, Fatality L2 for example) he will be good in my book.

paraelix, BenMoss and Benkei like this.
  6. Janzerker

Janzerker Well-Known Member

No, we have not seen all of them. Actually, according to people getting juicy bits about invincible in the Interplanetario, some of the most esceptics about the viability of IA outside Limited Insertion can feel now more relieved. There's still much more to come. When CB said that with JSA gone now the army had more room for new additions they meant exactly that there's a ton of new units coming. Much more than the average number of new units the other sectorials are getting. And keeping true to the esence of HI army , IA is going to feature a lot of HI units, some REMs, and be scarce on MI and LI. New options added to existing profiles and apparently exclusive mechanics that will make the experience of playing IA totally different from any other army.

Some initially really sceptic players about IA are now hyped.

7. Shinen

Shinen Well-Known Member

I want to believe...

8. Space Cowboy

Space Cowboy Member

I am (cautiously) hyped.

9. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Let's hope you are right, and that you know something beyond what McClane said in thr spanish side of the forums.

10. devil.advocates

devil.advocates Well-Known Member

Smells like delays

Or it'll be like Tunguska: lots of profiles with only quarter of them get sculpted.

Alkasyn likes this.
  11. Alkasyn

Alkasyn Well-Known Member

Quarter is good. You should be worried it's gonna be 1/10th.

12. Durandal

Durandal Well-Known Member

As of yet, I don't have much to gain from being overly optimistic, so I'll maintain my current state and see what comes when it comes.

If they end up being amazing, then great (and I'll probably grab it). But I kind of wish they'd be a bit more forward about it still. At this stage, CB has to work extra hard for me to get excited about secrets and surprises they're keeping close to their chest, because the last few "surprises" have been less than pleasant and could have done with some workshopping before CB sprung them on us.

But we'll have to wait and see, since CB are unlikely to communicate much to us before release rolls around. Hopefully things turn out alright, I'd hate for my most anticipated sub-faction in my favourite army to go off like a damp squib when it drops.

13. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

You don't have much to lose by being optimistic either. Its a matter of attitude.

IA is set to look awesome. As far as I am concerned, thats the most important factor to me. I am pretty confident CB will sculpt some amazing minis and I will enjoy them up :D
    Hopefully their rules are cool too, and they've done pretty well on that front in the past too.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  14. banthafodder

banthafodder Well-Known Member

Basically mirrors my view. I'll evaluate information as it comes in. Still too many unknowns and too far out.

That belittles the emotional energy cost of spinning your wheels and dealing with disappointment.

Kallas likes this.
  15. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

We depressed enough. IMO its time for be happy about IA.

Mowang soldiers now!

krossaks likes this.
  16. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

The weapons shown sure say "Taskmaster" or "Kriza Boracs" to me.

But I kinda hope that's ARM6, since Yu Jing can make S2 troops that are ARM5 now (Hac Tao say hi!). I should point out that a Hac Tao isn't much smaller than the Daiyokai, either. It's the Dai-Yokai's thigh guards, hat, crest, and sashimono that make it look big.

If that points costing is because ARM is getting a points adjustment in the formula, then the Wu Ming will be closer to appropriately costed than the Zuyong are now. I'm OK with 2W being expensive, as 2W is basically the ability to make one bad gamble and survive it. ARM is overpriced, particularly at ARM3 and ARM5 (probably due to rounding).

Edit: CB has not said anything about what the November Adjustment will be, my hope for a formula change is serious wishlisting.

#236 Section9, Aug 21, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
    Kallas and xagroth like this.
  17. Mc_Clane

Mc_Clane Zhànzhēng bùzhǎng
    Warcor

Do you really think so? Well, maybe they can't deliver something different...

Wait!....

Nope!
    The dossier is nothing alike the daiyokai. It seems more like a compact Guijia to me, And that redfury remember my old fashioned guijia HMG somehow.
    But Why does this dude have mid range weaponry? do you not like that AHDL? not seen Yet on Yujing, nor JSA? on a BS13+ troop? with a camo pattern didn't seen on any other Invincible troop?

#237 Mc_Clane, Aug 21, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
  18. paraelix

paraelix Seed Embryo Scholar

I think you miss the point. It is exactly like the Daiyo because it is an S5 HI with options for a Multi or a Red Fury - with notations for a secondary, limited ammo weapon. Ie, exactly what the Daiyo has.

As has been said already, fingers crossed that scrapping all the CC stuff garners some good stat/shooting special rules or some such... I've been a bit disappointed with the Daiyo as a shooting model in my JSA.

Kallas likes this.
  19. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

The joy of not being an optimist is that you can be pleasantly surprised when something turns out better than you hoped. :D (Well my days of disliking it have certainly come to a middle ... )
    As opposed to being disappointed when it doesn't quite live up to the hype. (uh, sure, it's good and I like it, but I hoped it would be ... better ... ).

And since NOTHING can live up to fan hype (which is a train that steams off in a different direction to what actually will happen), anyone who invests into the hype can only be disappointed.

I'm neither optimist nor pessimist. I am realist. Both sides regard me as their opposites (I'm not pessimistic enough to be a pessimist).

Kallas likes this.
  20. Durandal

Durandal Well-Known Member

I think the Mowang potentially comes off pretty well. There are some visual cues on it, like full-body camo, that imply it having some type of visibility mods attached, it also has clawed boots (though different than the claws on the Zencha, Xiu Ling, and Yanhuo), and its loadout is at least ostensibly pretty novel (flammenspeer is, if nothing else, an interesting anti-link armament in blast mode and the akrylat-kanone gives it some interesting options in a duel against armored opponents). It also appears to be lacking CC cruft which is GREAT, because you absolutely don't want your S5 HI getting over-bloated on things it shouldn't care about (because its hard enough to get in to CC when you're small, trying to do it as a lumbering behemoth is a death sentence).

So it could be something kooky like an HI version of the Clauswitz or Tikbalang (or a blend), or it could have something to upgun it like Full Auto or Fatality. If they can deliver a hard-hitting, shooting specialized HI with it then it is worth a look. But of course, even then it will be coming in to Yu Jing in a crowded field because neither vanilla nor IA (from what we know about it) is hurting for things in this role. So either it's below the curve and doesn't come out in either, or it is above it and it gets taken over things like the Hac Tao or other punchy, expensive HI (though I doubt it will unseat the Su-Jian in vanilla though).

Kallas likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation