1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GenCon news.

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Maksimas, Aug 4, 2018.

1. chaos11

chaos11 Well-Known Member

I think when we're only 6 months or so out from the Sectorial being released, it's probably a safe bet that we will see it.

Maksimas likes this.
  2. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

I like it!

Don't forget that Kikuchiyo is the full-cyborg from Samurai 7:
    [​IMG]

That's him, standing a foot taller than Kambe (in the white coat) and a good 4-6" taller than Gorobe (the dark-skinned dude in the turtleneck). Katsushiro and Heihachi only come up to his armpit.

ObviousGray and ambisinister like this.
  3. Mc_Clane

Mc_Clane Zhànzhēng bùzhǎng
    Warcor

It's confirmed by Bostria It's not. Hsien has no place inside IA. It doesn't belong there

As I've said I don't think the x3 zuyong will be a thing inside the starter.
    • A Zuyong box is one of the 2 remaining tinbot release options available. (Zuyong SWC box and Shang-ji SWC box)
    • We miss exactly 3 options (combi+tinbot, BS and Missile launcher) So, if they release the box there will be no other way to get extra zuyongs beside taking more starters
    • 3 zuyongs+zencha+liuxing+haidao is still too much metal for a starter. Starters have thicker benefit margin so they take special care about their contents.
    I think well see a x2 line troop starter, like bakuning.

2x zuyongs (combi+2 breaker pitols)+1 Shangji seems more like it. Leaves space for a 3 zuyong box (BS, Misile launcher, and Combi+tinbot)
    To avoid the High weight we might see the remaining grenade-launcher zanshi, a new ninja, the tiger sniper or some other new IL/IM

But I'm just guessing
    I'll try to get more intel about it during the interplanetary

Dragonstriker and yojamesbo like this.
  4. yojamesbo

yojamesbo purchaser of car seats

Just curious, when did the great and powerful B say this?

5. Mc_Clane

Mc_Clane Zhànzhēng bùzhǎng
    Warcor

A year ago on some con. I don't remember exactly when. maybe interplanetary?

yojamesbo likes this.
  6. Section9

Fair point, and that's a reasonable guess.

7. tokumei

tokumei Well-Known Member

The project was described as super heavy assault armour. So I would think it was S5 since the start.

8. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

It had to be S5 because they lost access to/copies of the original plans, plus they lost access to the facilities and materials to keep it small.

9. paraelix

paraelix Seed Embryo Scholar

Weren't the Japanese scientists the premier minds behind Yu Jing's armour and tech as well? Ala Karakuri?

10. devil.advocates

devil.advocates Well-Known Member

Most of it yes, but they leave most of their blueprints and production facility in Kuraimori when uprising happens, that was now in Yu Jing's hand. So it won't do them much good either.

11. paraelix

paraelix Seed Embryo Scholar

I just mean, from a fluff point of view, their understanding of the tech and their capability to innovate further may well have been crippled by the loss of the Japanese.

12. Solodice

Solodice Freshly Squeezed Troll

They can still innovate further. The Japanese leaving doesn't mean they're dead in the water when it comes to developing new heavy infantry tech. The same could be said for the Japanese now that they lack the manufacturing capacity or know how that they got from the rest of Yu Jing.

It was more of a joint venture thing that made Yu Jing HI the way it is. The Japanese were apart of making it great but don't discount the other groups that also work on military projects for Yu Jing.

So hardly crippled. Slowed in some areas? Probably.

13. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

So exactly how did Yu Jing get to be the "second power" when it seems everything was done by the Japanese who are a freaking minority? How come Japanese had to freaking sell their land to YJ if they are so uber (land they have ilegally taken now)? I'm so fed up of the Mary Sue-ing when it comes to Japanese (and Nomads)

We get it, anime samurai in space are gonna sell nicely to otaku wankers, but can we not just piss all over a major faction's fluff to do that, CB?

14. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

I seem to remember Japanese had to make it S5 because they left the factories and blueprints behind when they fled, which means YJ should have the capacity to make it S2.

Anyway it will be S5 just because it will make a cooler miniature I guess.

15. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

Same with @Benkei , some of Yu Jing's scientific portion might lie with Japanese Minds, but that does not mean EVERY Yu Jing tech was led by them.

Su Jian was the improvement of Karakuri Project.

Shang Ji Class power armor is way better than JSA Standard armor (Tanko Equivalent If I May.).

JSA does not have any access to Tinbots- Aside from balancing, what would this mean.

They were powerhouse of Industry, Ill give them that. But I doubt they were in R&D.

16. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

Fairly certain Japanese were mentioned in fluff about innovation as it was often japanese soldiers often used to test new experimental armour.

17. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

To clarify, the Japanese specialty in Yu Jing weapon development (once upon a time) was both E/M weaponized systems as well as lightweight armor capability that still retained "2-Wound" Heavy Infantry durability. Back in the day, when most Heavy Infantry were 4-2 (including staples like the Hsien), the Japanese armor systems were all 4-4.

Now, virtually everything is 4-4, and the JSA research specialty in highly mobile armor systems is represented by Kinematika instead.

paraelix likes this.
  18. Section9

Sure, but that's because you always want the guys pushing the gear to it's limits to tell you where you can further cut corners and where you need to add a little more tolerance.*

Martial arts in power armor is an unusual thing in the Sphere.

* The US Navy (or rather, Electric Boat) has had to do this with the design of the Columbia-class submarine, the subs replacing the Ohio-class. They've had lots of current sailors going back to Groton to talk to the engineers for things. Like adding a step over the snorkel mast's air intake, because the Virginia-class has an 18" diameter intake, but an Ohio has a 36" diameter intake.

19. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

So Mojang does exist and is in fact S5, with Flamemspeer and Akrylat Canone

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  20. Durandal

Durandal Well-Known Member

Alright, the Mowang looks funky. Redfury or MULTI rifle means it is likely a front-line attack piece, and the Flammenspeer and/or Akrylat give it some funky options. I have a feeling that if we're getting one of the new front-liner abilities like Fatality or Full Auto, then it will be here. Though the art is looking suspiciously like it may come with some level of CH on it since it is one of the few IA units that has its armour mostly covered in a camo pattern. Likely not levels of Infiltration, but something sort of like the Hac Tao or PanO's camo TAGs. Either way, this thing will be a punchy centerpiece (I think its name means Devil King?)

Though with that said, I'm a lot more interested in what the hell the Daoying is. Its name means (I think) Mirror Image (could be wrong since the diacritic marks don't quite match up) and it has those tell-tale robo-legs that imply it will be zippier than 4-4 and may have movement abilities beside.

The name might imply holo or (dare I dream) impersonation (though with a sniper option I probably dare not dream). Either that or it has a bunch of varied profiles. Holo+Minelayer would be all kinds of nice for mid-field work though.

The list (from what we know of it) is still feeling a bit top heavy, but sadly the utility stuff I want to know more about in the low-mid range isn't the kind of sexy stuff that sells a faction. I suppose we'll know when we get the stats and costs on them, I just hope the list isn't over-bloated with top-tier units that we can barely field in-sectorial because there is no low-end to support them. Here's hoping the Zhanshi get an efficiency pass so we can actually field more than one of our new toys without breaking the bank.

That said, it should be a big help in vanilla where we can spam some cheap Kuang Shi. Might give me some more diversity in my hunter-killer second combat group instead of just fielding a Rui Shi. I could see something like a Xiu Ling or the Mowang doing quite well as a dedicated attack piece in a 6-order second pool in vanilla.

Kallas and Benkei like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation