1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dancing advice

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by Make PanO Great Again :P, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Make PanO Great Again :P

Make PanO Great Again :P Varuna, with the deadliest reptiles in the sphere

Hello guys,

i´m in need of some advice for Deadly Dance, there is a ITS next weekend and this is the first mission, which i never played before (yes, i know, shame on me).
    So here i am, asking for general advice and some cool stories of your combat experience with this mission.

I will be using a TAG for the coolness of it and because it helps moving lots of points with limited orders (i have the Squalo, Cutter and Uhlan), outside of that everything can be changed according to advice.

2. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

NCA with the Uhlan does very well. NCA has good firepower for contesting enemy movement, and a Camo TAG is really, really strong for this mission.

If you don't go NCA and the Uhlan, then take the Cutter. It's a nice opportunity to put it on the table.

3. Make PanO Great Again :P

My list for the other 2 missions (Transmission Matrix & Acquisition) is Vainilla, very VERY aggressive/control like, so yes, it will probably be the Cutter.
    Any advice on the mission?

4. Ayadan

Ayadan Knight of the TAG Order

Played it one time during TAGLine with a Squalo+Uhlan NCA list. I knew I was the only player to play TAGs all the time and with a Uhlan, I would likely have the upper hand on the game. Knowing they would have a TAG in their list was comforting for me as there would be less cheap anti-TAG solutions (I wasn't used to deal with them because I had only 5 months of playing).
    Was playing against one of my club partner who played CA. I got the first turn and deployed the Squalo as the last trooper. FD L1 gave me the range to bomb down some of its Unidrons that were next his Charontid HMG while my Assigned quadrant was one the two in my half of the table. At the end of the turn, the Charontid was in NWI while he had 3-4 orders down. The Charontid died in a luky shot (but not a crit) from my Uhlan and then he tried what he could to deal with two TAGs while he only had a Xeodron. I was lucky on the rolls of the Assignated quadrant as I always rolled one of my side and he wasn't able to move out of his DZ without dying after.

If I can give you an advice: if the AQ is on the other half of the table, it isn't a drama if you don't control it with your TAG on the first turn. But be sure your opponent isn't able to control the one assignated to him.
    Both Squalo and Cutter will do a good job in this scenario. I would favour Squalo because of it silly possibility to kill the controlling troops with the HGL while controlling your own quadrant. A Crocman or two could do a nice addition to contest and designate.

5. Make PanO Great Again :P

Thanks
    Yea, i was thinking that infiltration/mechanized deployment can help being one order away if the AQ was on the enemy half of the table or already there if it was in mine.

this is the good sh*t, dont give to the desperation, like it a lot, thanks

T. Rex Pushups likes this.
  6. Plebian

Plebian Well-Known Member

Do you take a Swiss or Aquila for support?

7. barakiel

I did a lot of Limited Insertion Deadly Dance last season (at least 3 different events) so I did pair them with a Swiss or Aquila for that format, depending on other missions in the lineup.

For standard non-LI Deadly Dance, I defer to the cheaper alternatives (Hexa, Deva MSV2.)

The Sphinx is the matchup that really scares me for this scenario, so I tend to build pretty heavily to have a solution to it. Hexa MSR, Hexa KHD and Deva Spitfire are all nice options that fit into an Uhlan list, and still let you get a Fusilier link team and/or some Auxilia and support REMs.

That being said, the Swiss Assault Hacker is a great TAG hunter. Flanking TAGs with that MULTI Rifle is no joke.

T. Rex Pushups likes this.
  8. Plebian

Huh, I hate the Hexa. Maybe I am too spoiled with Noctifiers, but most times I would prefer a Bulleteer or a Locust.

9. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

The Noctifer puts the Hexa to shame for near-identical points, it's true. An electric pulse is a cute trick on a model with surprise attack, but it's no substitute for Dogged or the incredible Missile/Assault Pistol loadout. Still, Hexa being not quite as good as the Noctifer just means it's a shade behind one of the premier units in class in the game. It can still work very effectively.

Surprised that you'd say you prefer a Locust, though. Those guys seem further behind the competition than Hexas are.

10. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Infiltrating ODD troop... I've seen him in high ground to capture otherwise almost unattainable consoles/antennas, and you won't sacrifice a marker state if chosen as a datatracker... Plus interesting loadouts.

RobertShepherd likes this.
  11. Plebian

Pretty much. I can usually keep him safe and he can do serious work.

12. barakiel

Hexa Sniper's active turn Burst 2 is a big deal, letting him outrange and piece remove tricky targets more reliably.

Hexa KHD is a key problem solver for all the hackable stuff that NCA fields.

Hexa Spitfire isn't just the raw murder machine of other NCA stuff, but it's valuable for Quadrant missions where it can maneuver, hide and survive much better than a Bulleteer or Locust.

RobertShepherd likes this.
  13. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

We're diverging a bit from TAG advice, but which do you use most often, and how often do you find yourself using two or all three?

barakiel likes this.
  14. barakiel

Sure, happy to discuss.

I use two very often. The KHD appears in almost every NCA list I build, for two reasons. The first is to authorize the use of REMs without having to buy a Fusilier Hacker. I don't always need supportware for my lists, so the Fusilier Hacker is not an auto-take. I do use the Swiss AHD a lot, but also not in every list. As a result, the Hexa KHD lets me load up on REMs (which I do use in all my lists) while also giving me a brain-zapping tool for hostile Hackers.

The Hexa MULTI Sniper is also a popular purchase for me... At least half of my lists, perhaps more. I can think of a dozen big-scale ITS games from this season and last season where an ARO from a Hidden Deployment Hexa Sniper had a critical impact on the direction of a game. For this season especially, being able to surprise someone's Data Tracker as it runs for an objective or tries to kill your HVT is tremendous. It's also just a generally useful defensive choice, since getting mines/minelayer for NCA isn't really applicable. She can keep watch over your entire backline without putting herself at risk, unlike a Fusilier link team.

The Hexa Spitfire comes into conflict more with some major NCA staples, like the Bulleteer, Locust, and even the Swiss MULTI Rifle. As a result, I take the Spitfire less than the other two. But if you need to maneuver and survive in the midfield, the Hexa is great for it. Even a Bulleteer in Suppressive Fire is still vulnerable to things like a mine dropped around a corner, or a Chain Rifle rushing at it. A Hexa, at least, has that extra layer of defense that can deter the enemy or stop them from Discovering.

So while it doesn't quite do what a Noctifier does, it's still a great unit. Being able to take more than one of them is one of many good reasons to play NCA, alongside some perks like linkable Fusiliers and AVA3 Fugazi.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation