1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to fix Pano

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by Zsolt, Jul 21, 2018.

1. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Yea, but obviously that would make either very OP or very, very small army.

That's why PanO seems to be Infinity's Stormtroopers (well, at least we can hit the mark at least).

AdmiralJCJF, Death and Urobros like this.
  2. andre61

andre61 Well-Known Member

What would make them OP? Funny, my Fusiliers can't hit the side of barn, Even when they are in a five man link team. I take it that I'm doing something wrong or still new to the army.

3. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Price ? Either they would cost around ~30 pts per piece making them extremaly small army, or cost much less and then easily be OP.

4. andre61

I understand the points cost but I'm not seeing the OP part, I don't think there should not be a lot of CoC and Veteran, Marksmanship but we could use one or two figures, in some of the panO sectorals.

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  5. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

I never said everyone should have CoC + veteran + whatever, just more, all around.

6. Skoll

Skoll Well-Known Member

I named the brigada and shikami as they have a lot of internal competition.

Shikami most notably with how excellent the ryuken 9 smg profile is, the concern most jsa players have is you get double the threats for the same price and they start up the board for further order economy.

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  7. TaHu

TaHu Well-Known Member

I had an idea yesterday. How about further exploring idea of remote assistant but now for doctor and hacking? They can be an addition to expensive profiles so they won't be autoinclude and our troopers wip will remain the same.

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  8. MrNailbrain

MrNailbrain Relentless Optimist

How about no? Remote Assistant is possibly one of the worst-designed interactions in the game. It's non-intuitive, follows no precedent, is clunky, and is on a completely un-necessary profile that doesn't even solve the problem PanO has with Engineers. WIP was never the problem with engineering, it's the fact that we have one engineer profile that is AVA1. WIP12 with rerolls from command tokens is actually pretty good at repairing things or healing dudes.

I'd be glad to see the Tech-Bee disappear from the game, even if she is really good with Joan.

eciu and Zsolt like this.
  9. TaHu

TaHu Well-Known Member

Not for everyone. Why you need AVA2 when there are palbots. For me and other Pano players I know it is bad wip. Higher wip cannot hurt.

10. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

Then we just need more command tokens, because 3 isn't much. You can fail the next WIP12 the very same, so you can pump all of them into a single repair. If not, congratulations, your 100 pts is on STR1! Then comes the next bad roll, and your TAG is down again. Then, that WIP12 is just as bad as was your first impression of it. Command token re-rolls are nice, it makes the crappy WIP usable for like twice.

11. Narkano

Narkano Armed Shiba-Inu

The palbots help with the mobility, but for me the issue has always been that there is by a good way to get him up the table. It’d be nice to have a choice parallel to the Hospitaller doc for an appropriately spendy premium engineer (like a Santiago or Bolt) that can fight his way through an enemy rather than wait for a path to be cleared for his palbot by someone else.

12. MrNailbrain

News at 11, bad rolls happen. WIP12 with one reroll is an 84% chance of repair, that's better than Nomads for sure. Going up to WIP 13 and one reroll is a mighty 87.75% and 2 crappy rolls still screw you the same that they do with WIP12.

Because the Machinist folds like a wet paper towel to anything shooting at her? Drop troops, speculative fire (hey look what's popular these days, E/M LGL X-Visor Links!), or any kind of ARO when she tries to walk up the field. The Machinist is an option of last resort, she deploys prone on a rooftop and has no mobility aside from her easily killed Palbots. So what happens when your TR bot goes down, your TAG is Isolated and IMM-2 and your Machinist is the only model that can save your game? That's right, she gets hunted and gunned down and you have no backup options. Hell, even AVA2 (like in Acontecimento) would be OK. Just having some sort of backup plan for when she gets ganked.

13. derbrizon

derbrizon Well-Known Member

If your TR bot is dead, your tag is locked and you have nothing else to fight with, then youre probably getting your ass handed to you.

TaHu likes this.
  14. MrNailbrain

Or your opponent is fielding Emily Handelmann or Druze... That's like 2-3 orders to kill the bot and 4-5 to E/M 'nade your TAG.

15. andre61

The WIP 12 may have been some what, ok in N2 but in N3 maybe it's time to let it go. Infinity is a world were things change, just like in the real world. As you all see that there are new units in some of the other factions that are using N3 stats and N3 rules, where as PanO is still using some N2 stats. IMO: It's time to move PanO units into the N3 world.

16. TaHu

TaHu Well-Known Member

I am sorry to disappoint you but bolt engineer would be awful. He is slower then machinist and costs more.
    Lol, I am not sure we play the same game. EM speculative fire has very little chances of wounding your troops.
    If your opponent managed to take down a TAG, sierra and machinist I am sure it would be no problem for him killing the other machinist.
    Congrats, he spend nearly 10 orders to kill one miniature and one immobilized which you can repair
    But nomad didn't spend a command token

17. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Well 25% of isolating machinist without even moving out of own DZ seems good to me ....

18. TaHu

TaHu Well-Known Member

Can you dodge/change facing? If no then druze has 18%, if yes druze has 15 and machinist dodges at 29%

19. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Check infinity calculator. That's after Machinist change facing/BTS save.

20. TaHu

TaHu Well-Known Member

That's what I check :)
    Active Player
    15.06% Druze Shock Teams (X Visor) hits Machinist (Disabled)

Failures
    55.44% Neither player succeeds
    Reactive Player
    29.50% Machinist Dodges Druze Shock Teams (X Visor)

0 0 1

Active Model
    • Base BS of 12
    • Speculative Shot grants -6 BS
    • Range grants -3 BS
    • Link Team grants +3 BS
    • Net BS is 6

Reactive Model
    • Base PH of 10
    • Change facing grants -3 PH
    • Net PH is 7

Rey likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation